Xiaomi working on $65 smartphone with 720p display and 1GB of RAM?
1. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 898; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
That's very impressive, watch out Samsung! Your Galaxy Star 2, Young 2 and pocket 2 is
2. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 898; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
-nothing compared to this "cheap" beast(QVGA/HVGA display, single core CPU, 2mp or 3mp camera and 512mb RAM is a trash specs compared to the competition.)
3. iKamalkandel (Posts: 30; Member since: 06 Sep 2014)
If it works smoothly for 6-7 months also, you can take your money value back.
4. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3718; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Xiaomi is snatching and eating low mid range market from all OEMs.
12. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 518; Member since: 07 May 2012)
they just need to release their phones worldwide with similar pricing
5. DogeShibe (Posts: 1111; Member since: 10 Jan 2014)
F***ing amazing :/
If only they start selling their phones worldwide.
8. JMartin22 (Posts: 1934; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
They can't, with all IP issues they would have from competing manufacturers, they would be litigated into the grave.
6. Chuck007 (Posts: 1052; Member since: 02 Mar 2014)
Wow, never expected such a nice design from Xiaomi. Hopefully their next flagship resembles this.
7. mahmud10cool (Posts: 4; Member since: 26 May 2014)
I'll definitely buy it if it comes to this part of the world.
9. Darkerm (Posts: 308; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)
if it's true then I'll buy this as my backup phone :D
10. surethom (Posts: 609; Member since: 04 Mar 2009)
Very nice, look out Moto g 2014, you really should have upped your specs a tiny bit (Especially the battery)
11. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 1157; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
With that processor, I was expecting at least 1.5GB of RAM.
13. cncrim (Posts: 803; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
Competition is good for consumer, keep it coming.
14. tricky (Posts: 34; Member since: 18 Dec 2013)
Purely awesome great specs for great price, but Google still needs to optimize for the low end. There are a lot of Chinese phones with low specs in the Android world which would probably run Windows Phone great. Low end processor like MediaTek should be fine to run Android smoothly, but don't. Sad to say Windows Phone still is king in that department. Something like the Lumia 520 which has only 512mb ram dual core processor and an antutu of around 7000 outperforms phones with quad core processors 1gb ram and antutu of 17000+.
15. techfortoday (Posts: 1; Member since: 13 Nov 2014)
I wonder if it will function as well as other Xiaomi phones in their ecosystem. I read a great article on the financial times, "chinese tech: selling to the next billion," that really painted Xiaomi's product offerings and future strategy around their ecosystem. Every new product is another test to see how they measure up to their goals.