Xiaomi Mi 4 officially unveiled: claims to be the fastest smartphone in the world
49. alexsupertramp (unregistered)
and you a hand job
2. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
I am daring to dream that this phone will soon be available in the US for a reasonable price.
3. GreekGeek (Posts: 1276; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
Thank goodness they didn't jump into the pointless QHD bandwagon!
31. GeekOB (Posts: 17; Member since: 26 Jun 2014)
they could.. but they didn't. there is no point in doing that at the expense of battery life. also sensible 5 inch display size.
33. GeorgeDao123 (Posts: 423; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
I have same point. I don't like QHD screen at all. Nothing but battery draining.
8. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Does the iPhone have a 5" 1080p display? I didn't think so...
27. Finalflash (Posts: 2867; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Less Apple and more padfone infinity. This looks almost exactly like the padfone infinity.
35. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
yeah.. its like padfone but whatever I dont care... I love the price tag
16. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Yeah like the nice and big Full HD display, 3gb RAM, Android, 13 mpx camera, big battery etc. Plus a low price.
28. marcski07 (Posts: 598; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
copy and make it great... that's competition... and copy is literally making a phone that looks like an iphone, more like inspired by design of apple, just like all the companies doing, huawei sony lg samsung and more. it's not a bad thing, because it benefits me. :)
26. AnTuTu (Posts: 1580; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Only brainwashed people who don't dare to dream lolz :p
41. sergiobr (Posts: 697; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Who don´t care to spend at about $ 1000 in a "fashion phone", that´s it.
30. michaelmicro (unregistered)
I think it's more a case of, who needs to buy a high end Android device from the likes of Samsung or Sony when you can get this or a Moto G? You'd still need to buy an iPhone to get iOS as you can't get it elsewhere.
9. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
This is the phone that people were talking about when OnePlus was constantly delaying its phone. The OnePlus One is no longer such an amazing value, since this phone beats it and is almost the same price...
10. danidin (Posts: 15; Member since: 15 May 2014)
$400 (2499 yuan) for the 32GB version??? you wrote there is no 32GB version...
14. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Typo. $400 for 64GB. I noticed that too...
11. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3718; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
This is it. The Black looks damn sexy with simple and elegant design. Price it correctly and make international availability unlike OneMinus One then this phone can break records and this could make other OEMs run for their money.
BTW anybody experienced MIUI? How is it?
P.S.: Mi 3 got 100000 subscriptions in India and has very limited stock at flipkart.
17. Adithya7184 (Posts: 317; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
its already sold out in just 30 minutes
37. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Miui is very features rich and its not boring at all unlike many other android Roms... it is easy to use as well... I tried redmi
54. cyborg009 (Posts: 112; Member since: 17 Sep 2011)
Do you get complete access to play store and all the apps? And do all apps that you use run without any force close issue?
55. Adithya7184 (Posts: 317; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
i using it from yesterday...till now no force closes...
12. GreekGeek (Posts: 1276; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
This Beast will be a nice compliment to my Mi3, I just hope that the 64Gb variant isn't exclusive to China.
Bye OnePlus One lmao
19. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3718; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Also the back cover is actually made of plastic and removable so that we can put other covers of wood, bamboo, leather, and fabric just like Motorola.
29. promise7 (Posts: 872; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
It's a really beautiful phone, but the band around it looks a lot like the iPhone 5/5s, and the back looks like a Galaxy S5. Together it looks really nice, plus they added a lot of rear cover choices like the Moto X, including wood (or maybe just looks like wood idk.)
32. shamatuu (Posts: 159; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
Dam pretty impressive for a chines company. I would honestly take this phone over iphone 5S and C any day of the week. I can't take Apple seriously as a competitor in the mobile space. That means i don't see Apple as a big player at all because they can't compete and match any on the Flagships from current companies. Both US and China. They will always be far away and will never catch up. Even with the rumor iphone 6 both versions. Even though its bigger they don;t utilize the big screens. All you get are more icons on a bigger screen.
47. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 2158; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
It really doesn't matter who you consider to be a big player. "Men lie, women lie, numbers don't." -Jay Z.
34. mike2959 (Posts: 525; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
I wish someone would publish the LTE bands that the devices are capable of. Actually, get in the device's hidden menu, to truly see what the phone is capable of.
46. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 2158; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
It is only compatible with China's LTE networks, so TD LTE (or LTE TDD). That version will be available in September. They say they will have an international LTE model (FDD) by the end of the year, but we all know that is not happening, because they will be sued out of existence if they ever start selling in the developed world.
45. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 2158; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Rip-off competition? If Hugo Barra is doing interviews to scream that Xiaomi is not a rip-off, then it's just understood that they know that they are rip-off artists.
43. brasstax (Posts: 283; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
I am holding back on the purchase of the mi3 in the hope that this little beast is released in India in another 2 or 3 months. Everything is great but must say that I am disappointed with the display size.
By all accounts this phone is a powerhouse & across all computing platforms, only high end games come close to taxing current hardware. Thing is a 5 inch screen does no justice to the kind of eye candy & immersive experience that the hardware inside is capable of providing. Plus the controls can be extremely annoying on smallish screens.
IMHO this phone should have had at least a 5.7 to 6 inch screen. With the kind of design team that xiaomi seem to have, I am sure they could have ensured a manageable footprint despite a 6 inch screen
48. gigantos (Posts: 63; Member since: 25 Jul 2013)
Ok QHD is not beneficial yet, but why isn't it equipped with Snapdragon 805? Disappointing.
50. huypaulha94 (Posts: 24; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
Does anyone else think it looks like if the iPhone 5 & the Galaxy S4 had a love child it would look like this?
51. Neo_Huang (Posts: 1067; Member since: 06 Dec 2013)
Will this run on T-Mobile or Verizon's LTE networks?
52. andynaija (Posts: 881; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
Exactly what I want to know too because from the way I'm looking at things I will be dropping the Oneplus One from my mind to get this instead.
53. lampshade_cn (Posts: 12; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
only HSPA+/WCDMA this month, and CDMA in August, and TD-LTE in September
56. lumia920 (Posts: 112; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
xiaomi is flying in the air at high altitude. ... love you xiaomi. .. the real master of all phones. ...