World's top three brands are now: Google, Apple, Microsoft
1. thatoneguy... (unregistered)
I like how there all American companies LOL.
28. thatoneguy... (unregistered)
I'm a engineer, i make six figures a year I think I'm doing pretty good for myself
43. Jameswright (unregistered)
"an engineer not a engineer", six figures to the right of a decimal point it seems. LOL
2. BlowJobs (Posts: 25; Member since: 30 Jun 2011)
This article really showed me how biased this site actually is, or at least the reporter. It's Apple first and foremost.
40. rican (Posts: 132; Member since: 02 Jul 2011)
yea i felt the same way like if he was mad that apple wasnt first, usually michael is my favorite writer in this site im pretty sure he had a reason for it.
12. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2614; Member since: 26 May 2011)
That is honestly the first time I've been accused of being pro-Apple. As many guys on the site will attest, I usually side with Google. But, that's not the interesting story here. Google staying number one isn't interesting, neither is Microsoft dropping from 2 to 3. Apple, however, nearly doubled its "brand value" in one year. Like Apple or not, that's really impressive.
20. Sinaps (Posts: 60; Member since: 27 Jul 2010)
Your grammar, I don't understand what you're saying. It's cringe worthy.
23. Lucas777 (Posts: 2121; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
haha first off u just criticized the writer which puts u on douchebag level... then u try and make the iPhone seem whatever ur trying to do... and btw u can tell ur comments sucks because nobody thumbed up an apple sucks post.. which is like the first time I've ever seen that...
27. Sniggly (Posts: 6490; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Either you're incredibly rabid, or a horrible excuse for a troll. Which do you prefer? I can get you a vaccine before it's too late.
29. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Looks like Apple has just patented the Caps-Lock button now..
30. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Btw Wazzan I hate Apple too, but unfortunately I had to thumb-down your post for the same of human decency. Oh and to prevent further brain damage on my part.
33. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Not English content
36. protozeloz (Posts: 5327; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Get lost you make even apple haters look bad
38. iKingTrust (banned) (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
Apple Crash? You have to be kidding. who invited this guy?
3. iKingTrust (banned) (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
I don't see HTC. Where is Androught? Just kidding let me clear it up that I see google. It was just a joke.
4. bolaG (Posts: 468; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
I'm amazed that there aren't more car manufactures on that list???
6. corporateJP (Posts: 1289; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
I think this board equates credit ratings into it as well, even though it's not stated in the PA article.
And right now, although profitable, some automakers are still considered a risk.
Total shame, the REAL working class took the hit on those bailouts.
8. ledbetterp3 (Posts: 466; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
So at&t is ahead of verizon? but Verizon has better reception right? And what happened in 09 where almost every company went down quite a bit?
10. Whateverman (Posts: 3158; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Verizon and Verizon Wireless usually aren't considered on company, so that might be the case where. IDK. But even with both together, Verizon isn't as big as ATT. But VZW reception is better. :)
9. Commentator (Posts: 2183; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I'm surprised at how relatively mature all the comments have been so far, especially given the topic. Good going guys, keep up the good work!
11. GeorgeWashington117 (unregistered)
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!! McDonalds is all the way at #13
13. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
i dont know if you guys noticed, but Apple was the only one that didnt have a AAA+ rating on it out of the top 3. What is that based on? Credit? consumer comments?? I guess it would be comments since they are a debt free company. Anyone got a hard answer on that?
How do they even come up with this? do they ask people how much they think a company is worth or something? Im not sure of how they get to their conclusions on company "brand worth" i guess is what im trying to say.
Commentator, wait until the ibots jump in. miz, gallito, and taco. It will get dirty quick.
16. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2614; Member since: 26 May 2011)
I wondered at that, but the ratings for IBM and WalMart were far worse, so I thought that ignoring it would be best.
14. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5639; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Damn Google knock out Apple for spot #1. way to go GOOGLE! And I'm surprise to see AT&T in the top 10 list kinda shocking to me their
17. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2614; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Google didn't knock out anybody. Google has been number one, no one else is close.
15. myclevername (Posts: 93; Member since: 07 Jun 2010)
Where's Mecedes Benz? Nestle? Toyota? These must just be American companies only.
24. Lucas777 (Posts: 2121; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
not really... u don't say let me go buy some nestle.. u don't really use mercedes benz or toyota as the go to name for cars... u do use google as a the go to name for search.. apple is just a ubiquitous name now.. and microsoft and ibm for obvious reasons... they have a lot of brand knowledge that ur examples do not. .
25. jroc74 (Posts: 3978; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I'm amazed IBM is 4. I havent even heard the name IBM on TV in years..they must be doing something right.
31. ilia1986 (unregistered)
I find it sorta ridiculous that consumer electronic companies' brand names are worth more than the brand names of automobile\food\pharmaceutical companies. What, one would rather buy a shiny new gadget than a car, a loaf of bread or a vaccine against some disease? Besides I don't recall loafs of bread requiring tech support, or vaccinations having reception issues...
With all due respect to consumer electronic products - theses are not the cornerstones of our existence in terms of goods we consume on a daily basis.
35. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
a study a few years ago said that cell phones ranked behind "a place to live" as the #2 top priority in most people's lives. That was before android became top dog.. we live in a funny funny society.
34. andro. (unregistered)
Apple will command their islave drone army in a world wide attack over this blasphomy of stats,no way is google bigger than apple,Their islave are convinced theirs is top after all it cost the most and they are so trendy with it,all other must die!