Watch as an Apple iPhone shows the "Blue Screen of Death"
Earlier this month, we told you that iOS 7.0.3 had been seeded to employees and partners, so it might be too late to expect a fix for this problem in the next iOS build. Also, some of our readers have been sending us pictures of missing icons and status bars on their iOS 7 powered iPhone. In those cases, a simple reboot seemed to solve the issue.
If your Apple iPhone has been turning blue lately, you can let us know in the box below. Just because your iPhone 5s is turning blue, you don't have to be blue. The bug isn't turning the phone into a paperweight and we expect that the gang in Cupertino will come up with an update to take care of the latest iOS 7 problems. After all, as we told you earlier, apps on the Apple iPhone 5s are crashing twice as often as on other iPhone models.
source: Elendil, TheVerge via AppleInsider, AppleSupport
21. rms.max (Posts: 83; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
they said' New is easy, Right is hard '.it will be hard for ifanboy.
2. chunky1x (Posts: 264; Member since: 28 Mar 2010)
Also, why is the iPhone Coping PCs when crashing?
13. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 679; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Too good a comment.... Thumbs up...
22. haseebzahid (Posts: 1842; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
MS will sue them for BSOD copying :D and IOS7 is the abomination by the wap WP FTW
35. sprockkets (Posts: 1452; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Nah, didn't you know? Apple has a licence to use MS's crap! :)
It actually be funnier if the iphone said in OSX fashion:
"You need to reboot your iphone. Hold down the power key until the screen goes blank, then press again to restart"
For OSX users, apple wants you to feel that a reboot is just a calm, non event.
31. Topcat488 (Posts: 1180; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Hahahaha... I had to BUST OUT laughing when i read that dude... Really, whew. "iPhone copying PCs when they crash"... Hehehe, SUE them M$, before Apple patent that. Whew,,, good one.
54. ncarlosmiguel (Posts: 206; Member since: 14 May 2013)
This is what 64bit achitecture can do! iPhones are now as powerful as PCs when crashing.
56. poping (unregistered)
yep... you could be right...
the 64bit cpu could be trying to access a hardware that's not there...
3. AeroPrime (Posts: 173; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
Omg When I saw this video I was thinking I have a Lumia 920 & 1020 it doesn't have such things as a blue screen of death. What happen to apple now recently..... that additional letter "S" doesn't really help the 5 doesn't it?
5. harvinder2111 (Posts: 5; Member since: 17 Jan 2012)
it just works..... precede this sentence by [sh]
6. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3434; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Well, the bug free iOS times are over now...
11. bigstrudel (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
Until they fix all the bugs. That's the beauty of the closed system.
28. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Have to admit, each new iteration of iOS gets worse in regards to how many bugs Apple has to keep fixing. 7 has far more bugs than 6 and 5 did and it's affecting the usability of the phone, which wasn't always the case before.
41. Pancholo (Posts: 380; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
The fangirl song is required to be sung with both hands covering your ears, closing your eyes and then going: "Derpity, derp! Derp, derp, derp!"
67. joey_sfb (Posts: 3703; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
wow! closed system only benefit companies like Microsoft and Apple not their users.
Hacker could be using back door known only to them as the source is close to public scrutiny. Open equal transparent so bugs are discover more frequently and fixed more promptly.
Open is like going for a body examination early detection lead to more effective treatment to illness.
7. ZeroCide (Posts: 706; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
This proves that hey just copy other OS features..... Including Crash screens!
9. ngyixian96 (Posts: 91; Member since: 05 Feb 2012)
Same as when someone is talking and you just cut off his head........
Look like it still need few update to fix those bug.
10. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
LOL!! prepare war in 3....2.....1.......
14. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 679; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Ok.. I think this has never happened on Android..
Blue screen & random reboots... !!!!
I guess iOS7 is struggling with multi-tasking.... But it can be fixed.. Hopeful
16. Sauce (unregistered)
My S2 kept crashing when I'd open my contacts list. Sucked.
33. PK1983 (Posts: 208; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
You are wrong, on 4.2-4.2.2 my Nexus rebooted all the time.
That being said, iOS7 looks painfully slow, and looks really unfinished.
Kind of like the ACA website....
61. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 679; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
I'm right here.. Nobody has seen a blue screen like this on any android device..
As far as random reboots is concerned, you need to keep some part of your internal memory free (above 800MB). It will happen more often if RAM is filled and there is no space on disk for OS to create a temp RAM page file..
My point was that iOS7 is struggling with multitasking more than anything else.. Thats why these problems.
27. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5975; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Or, defective 64-bit addressing in action?
48. taikucing (unregistered)
It's a feature
17. frustyak (Posts: 177; Member since: 08 Mar 2010)
Just open up the iPhone keyboard and press Ctrl-Alt-Del.
24. haseebzahid (Posts: 1842; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
you just mean like "keyboard not Found Press any key to Continue"
69. shreyas.s666 (Posts: 80; Member since: 24 Aug 2012)
actually, "keyboard not Found Press any key to Continue" is BIOS message,not the OS error
23. artealis (Posts: 98; Member since: 15 Dec 2010)
ibluescreen is the next top apps for your beautiful iphone
30. PK1983 (Posts: 208; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
BUT IT IS SUPPOSED TO JUST WORK!!!!!
WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
36. blade19 (Posts: 60; Member since: 29 Apr 2011)
Every new release has its share of bugs... but as they say in the tech world its a "new feature".. :)
39. harigrg33 (Posts: 174; Member since: 20 May 2013)
I think apple is trying to make that blue screen as a default back ground wallpaper lol
40. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
scrolling through the comments is like a walk through a middle school hall.
43. AfterShock (Posts: 3697; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
I'm surprised it's not a red screen.
Oh well, just shut off some more options and it should work again as mentioned.
44. GrapeEyes (Posts: 248; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
You know what people do when they find a worm in their apple!
Bye bye apple, your days are numbered!!
45. DukeX (Posts: 327; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
This is just more bad apple karma coming back to them. Fueled by fanboys who deny that no OS is perfect.
47. darkkjedii (Posts: 13799; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Ouch, that's a bug apple might wanna fix...like yesterday.
49. Ikechukwu (Posts: 152; Member since: 03 Oct 2011)
Holy crap!!! If I had one and this happened, I'll bring down an Apple Store
55. Mube007 (Posts: 164; Member since: 24 Sep 2013)
is it true Apple is world's top most trusted brand????cant stop my laugh lol
57. DeathByN00BS (Posts: 1; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
I made a advertisement for this app! :)
The new IBlue crashes your IPhone whenever your phone wants to, this app is $Free* and this app is soon coming to Mac OS X 10.9 so if you don't want a crashing computer go buy a PC!
Apple,Think Differently! :)
*App is free to all IPhone 5 S/C users only
62. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1313; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I own a iPhone 5s, iPad 1, Nexus 7, Galaxy tab 7, Note 2 and Note 10.1 so you know I'm not some one sided fanboy. But Apple needs to fix these super quick. Blue screens of death and random reboots are pretty serious issues. But then again I never encountered those issues on my iPhone 5s.
63. ddeath (Posts: 165; Member since: 14 Apr 2012)
Wow, i did not know iPhones can dual boot Windows on it too!
68. runzlord (Posts: 31; Member since: 13 Oct 2013)
I guess it was iphone that finally got the "windows blue" update