Watch Xiaomi's Mi 5 new 4-axis stabilization destroy Apple's iPhone 6s optical stabilization in this video
4. rick_mobile (Posts: 237; Member since: 13 Dec 2010)
Anything destroys the iphone at this point. Apple needs to step it up, we need more and better competition!
17. BradyCrack (Posts: 513; Member since: 29 Dec 2015)
I %100 agree. 2014 was a good year for Apple. competition wasn't premium, or anything innovative. 2015 was a major step up from other companies, and the iPhone was backed into the corner by Samsung especially. Apples number 1 thing to fight for is the camera. Sammys duel pixels, LG duel cam, Xperia stabilization. Looks like it will be a year for new camera innovations!
7. adecvat (Posts: 256; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
8. GreenMan (limited) (Posts: 1016; Member since: 09 Nov 2015)
Xiaomi Arena, anyone?
Would love to see you transforming into a Nexus Arena, LOL!
You're either Nexus, or you're against us...
38. uchihakurtz (Posts: 358; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Only a Nexus Fanboy deals in absolutes.
9. Adimane01 (Posts: 20; Member since: 11 Jan 2016)
Can anyone plz explain what is 4-axis stabilization and which is the 4th axis?
10. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3614; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
North, East, West and South.
Up, Down, Right and left!
13. celinedion (Posts: 44; Member since: 19 Jan 2016)
It's basically same like lg ois 2.0. It's just that lg promote it in a wrong way. First lg g2 has 2 axis ois. Then lg g pro or g pro 2, can remember but it's detailed on PA has 3 axis, called ois plus. This one has more options to move, like circular, corner angle etc. Then lg g3 or g4 come with z axis, promoted as ois 2. I wish it was called as ois 3. And ois plus as ois 2. The problem with their camera ois is that the sensor is so big with non direct integrated magnetic vibrator.
15. LittleGaGaKiller (Posts: 283; Member since: 19 Jan 2015)
It let's you stop the time to take the photo, for example you can stop a moving car with the camera to take a photo of it
22. vincelongman (Posts: 4158; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Mi 5 (4-axis)
iPhone 6S Plus (2-axis)
12. blehkwide (Posts: 7; Member since: 24 Feb 2016)
Love 5 axis stabilizers. So life changing, been getting 1 second stable photos in my old cameras. Now in a phone. So gonna get this. Dual sim?
28. jgates86 (Posts: 1; Member since: 14 Jan 2015)
Apples OIS implementation sucks. My Note 5 is way better than my wife's 6s Plus.
31. Shubham1221 (Posts: 58; Member since: 29 Jul 2015)
Great!!! 4 axis OIS in MI5 truly rocks.The best OIS in a smartphone.It puts iphone 6s and 6s+ out of water in terms of OIS.
33. 47AlphaTango (Posts: 284; Member since: 27 Sep 2015)
Question? While taking a picture or video. Does a persons hand shake up and down, or left and right like it was jacking off? I'm curious as to why the demo simulates a person doing something obscene while taking a photo or a video.
45. ibend (Posts: 3818; Member since: 30 Sep 2014)
maybe someone with medical condition and have really shaky hand? :-/
but this stabilization is great, so deal with it
49. DnB925Art (Posts: 966; Member since: 23 May 2013)
I'm glad companies pushing new tech further. Seems like further focuses this year by many companies on the camera. Samsung, XiaoMi, LG all bringing something to the table in different ways but improving on last year's cameras.
51. soldier820 (Posts: 115; Member since: 27 Jan 2015)
well, both are garbage in my opinion. I rather have my flip phone from 2005, It works well
62. BradyCrack (Posts: 513; Member since: 29 Dec 2015)
Actually, we need a high-end smart flip phone that would be cool
53. HighOnAndroidFTW (Posts: 185; Member since: 26 Apr 2015)
LoL Oppo just announced at MWC they created a3 axis OIS where conventional phones use 2 axis. Then immediately following Xiaomi coned out with 4 axis. Love the tech world innovating at a million miles an hour!
54. HighOnAndroidFTW (Posts: 185; Member since: 26 Apr 2015)
Wow that ois is phenomenal. Go off roading and get clean video lmao
55. rency0722 (Posts: 155; Member since: 12 Jun 2013)
Everyone's bowing down where Sony still holds the crown on stabilizing video without OIS. Now pit them against Z5
59. amats69 (Posts: 1385; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
good job Xiaomi! now the question is.. HOW about the quality??
60. Sondae (Posts: 277; Member since: 02 Jan 2013)
Looks good, i can't wait for a review if this is really good.