The first in line for the iPhone 6 have been paid to be there
1. nohatenofanboy (banned) (Posts: 515; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
lol idiots. I will preorder my iphone. I dont have time to waste.
4. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
$8,250 for standing in line? Seems like a good deal to me for people who have nothing better to do / need a source of income.
Would I do it? Maybe if hell froze over.
8. johnbftl (Posts: 256; Member since: 09 Jun 2012)
Where did you get $8250 from. They are getting $1250 this year and overall have made $7000 in 5 years.
10. Salazzi (Posts: 453; Member since: 17 Feb 2014)
$7000+1,250 they'll get this year= $8,250 :)
12. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
Remind me to never hire you as my accountant.
23. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Sorry, that was a typo. It should have read "including" not "and". $7000 total, including $1250 this year.
25. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4628; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Ohh... Michael H. Just set the record STRAIGHT!
johnbftl... we all owe you an apology. This indeed was like an episode of Seinfeld.
45. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 1861; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
You're the one to blame for this fighting and bickering over the amount of money. You should apologize to each and everyone of us in person ;)
54. max9777 (Posts: 77; Member since: 11 Dec 2011)
This is the people who use Iphones hahaha :P
Cannot even read or do math properly :D
9. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4628; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
lol I mean do the people paying these crazy amounts realize that you can preorder & have it the same day?!?
WOW these are a$$ backwards people.
Also 3900 posts from me!!!! Yeah!!!!
16. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4628; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
You are about to hit 410 if you didn't already!
47. akki20892 (Posts: 3775; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
$8,250 not for standing its a cost of iPhone.
20. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Don't you want to be able to walk out of the Apple store with your brand shiny new phone in your hand and wave it to the gathered unwashed masses and say "I got mine…."? Unless you have infinite free time to stand in line, you hire a stand-in.
Personally, I will pre-order my Note 4 and enjoy waiting for the Fed Ex truck to stop at my home at the appointed date. No standing in line for me. Those days ended a looong time ago.
29. Ashoaib (Posts: 2713; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
I think apple pay to all of those who line up to create media hype and publicity... later they, all those phone might be returned to apple... otherwise no one is so much insane and free in life to line up for such a low end/midrange phone
51. WendyFromCircus (banned) (Posts: 40; Member since: 02 Sep 2014)
Actually is the device exporter who pay us to queue, as it's only release in several countries in first batch, I myself also self employed to queue and sell them to Mexico or other parts of the world where Apple did not release 1st batch iPhone :)
52. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7005; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
They will be standing out there till end of october. and you're right they are a bunch of idiots. what kind of dummy would stay in line just for a phone that copies HTC design and have a outdated NFC feature
55. max9777 (Posts: 77; Member since: 11 Dec 2011)
It's not about the features! It has an apple logo man. hahah :D
IDK, I still think these fools are getting paid by Apple to do this as a publicity stunt.
To answer other peoples questions, this is what happens when you disband OccupyWallStreet nut jobs, they go in front of apple and wait for the release of a new phone haha :D Not like any of them have REAL jobs!!
2. DaHarder (Posts: 175; Member since: 10 Oct 2009)
These types seriously need therapy... No matter what their motivation, their actions are utterly idiotic, especially given that these devices are to be manufactured in the 10s of millions anyway.
They're the extreme version of those morons who type FIRST in comment sections.
3. johnbftl (Posts: 256; Member since: 09 Jun 2012)
So, in line from Sunday, August 31st until September 19th. They get $1250. Considering they have to stand in line 24 hours a day, they're making $2.60 an hour. If they're splitting that $1250 then it's $1.30 an hour. Why not get a real job?
6. Kakarotto (Posts: 228; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
Well it seems getting $1.30 an hour for doing nothing works for them.
7. frydaexiii (Posts: 1338; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Because they are literally doing nothing there. If it were me, if I was playing my 3DS at home unpaid, why wouldn't I do it while lining up and getting paid?
11. johnbftl (Posts: 256; Member since: 09 Jun 2012)
Why don't those idiots walk inside and fill out an application then? They start them of at like $13 an hour.
15. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
You're calling them idiots when you can't even add 7+1.25 on your previous post LOL.
18. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9723; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I almost spit out my Subway sandwich while reading this.
21. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4628; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Ohh man... lol This is super funny. Like an episode of Seinfeld! lol
22. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 1861; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
It's not 7000+1250, it's 7000 including the 1250...
$7000 over the past 5 years, including $1250 this year
34. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
Author said it was a typo after I commented.
42. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 1861; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
So we can all blame Michael :) It's an honest to God mistake by all arguing about the total amount of money. Michael is the idiot ;)
24. johnbftl (Posts: 256; Member since: 09 Jun 2012)
I'm guessing you did terrible in standardized testing when it came to reading comprehension.
“Brian Ceballo and Joseph Cruz have made some good money doing this, estimating about $7000 over the past 5 years, and $1250 this year alone in order to give up the front of the line to Jason and Moon Ray."
$7000 over the past 5 years means this year, 2013, 2012, 2011, and 2010. The only facts you can extrapolate from that quote is that they've made $7000 in 5 years of doing this and $1250 of that was made this year.
I ran a cash vault for 8 years. Don't tell me I'm bad with numbers.
38. johnbftl (Posts: 256; Member since: 09 Jun 2012)
That was directed at vexify. The last few articles I've posted in, he's had some snarky, asinine response.
43. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 1861; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
And I learned a word today... asinine.. beautiful word though.
37. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
P.S. What happened after the 8th year? Did they go bankrupt from your terrible addition and subtraction LOL?
39. johnbftl (Posts: 256; Member since: 09 Jun 2012)
Yes. Centerplate, the second largest food and beverage distributor in stadiums, arenas, and concert venues behind Aramark went bankrupt.
I was laid off, along with everyone else after the 2008 season because Verizon Wireless Amphitheater ended it's contract with Centerplate and was replaced by its rival, Aramark. Aramark's new general manager offered me a position to stay there running the vault, but their policies are ridiculous and they wanted me to wear their stupid uniform.
44. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 1861; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Man... I read way too many comics.. only vault I could think of, was the vault where they kept all the supervillains in the Marvel universe.
27. wargreymon (Posts: 358; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
It's a sad day for education when people don't know what "including" means.
58. SuperMaoriBro (Posts: 400; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
after wading gumboots high in BS posts - you standard above the other assclowns as the biggest assclown.
19. seh82 (Posts: 2; Member since: 03 Sep 2014)
Lol at even wasting money on an iPhone. I'd take the money to wait in the line (depending on how much) and then go buy myself an actual smartphone.
28. Planterz (Posts: 1490; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
I can understand companies paying people to wait in line to get the first iPhone 6's for reviews or whatnot. A grand or so to pay some schlub to sit around for 2-3 weeks is a pittance in comparison to the hype (and subsequent web traffic and ad revenue) that they can generate by staging these stunts.
But if your an iPhan and schedule your life around standing in line for the latest release, than you're the shallowest, most useless waste of space breathing.
32. Ashoaib (Posts: 2713; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
I am sure apple pay all those who line up.... imagine the media hype that people are waiting in a queue for iphone, what the awesome device iphone is that people wait for centuries in lines...
36. Ninetysix (Posts: 1856; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
I'll believe you once you find a reputable source saying that they got paid by Apple. I'll wait.
46. Ashoaib (Posts: 2713; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
source is me, why to find a source when its inside me itself ;)
and plz dont wait, you too seems to be having a plenty of time... well you can wait but I will die within a century
53. BlankSpaceNai (Posts: 127; Member since: 23 Apr 2014)
Reputable sources....well..Lets actually take this concept to heart and look at it critically and logically.
First, these people are being paid by someone to wait in line for the phone, which is determined to be an 'unknown' amount of time till the launch of the phone. Not only that, but the buyers of said phone have YET to know what the phone looks like, has it in, price point, and the release date. Not just that, the models of said device have yet to be told. Going through assumption is a bad way to waste you money, anyone who understands the concept of money will understand that you dont do this.
Second, When creating buzz for a product, people in advertisement will do a couple of things. In sales, theres a concept of WOW (and no, I dont mean walk out working). It involves something that creates a buzz, something that cannot be done with text and words alone, a spectacle that will create one of the most powerful ways of advertisement, Word of Mouth. Creating a 'scene' is a great way to get your product on the tongues of the average consumer.
Third, apple has been known to use all form of 'unusual' ways to get their brand out there. Watch TV for a while, drama shows, anything like that, notice when people use their computers, or phones. If its an Iphone, notice that the logo is usually very clearly seen. Look at the amount of things apple does in the press like the lawsuits. Apples form of 'advertisement' is small but have big impacts and often never noticed, but the imprint is always there.
Last, doing things like this can be relatively bad for health situations, physically and mentally. In order for one to do something like this, they would need to be covered against all kinds of unknown dangers. Muggers, weather, sanitation, etc. This would take a lot to cover this, and its not a bad shot in the dark to say that a higher form of company would finance this, considering it would be 'cheaper' than mass forms of advertisement. Remember how apple usually does things...does this sound like something they would do?
Evidence is a good form of proof, but critical thinking and taking things from a 'what if' standpoint is how a lot mysteries are solved. I would not be surprised if this was a stunt, a ploy to garnish easy advertisement. The fact that your 'asking' for a source shows you cannot critically think for yourself. You may say "BUT YOU HAVE NO PROOF and whatever" but assuming that can cause disaster. -_-;; most people dont realize the next door neighbor is maniac until its too late, or the worst can come at any moment, even if theirs no proof of this. Just because you dont KNOW doesnt mean its not true.
59. SuperMaoriBro (Posts: 400; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
I have no idea what this guy wrote as i didnt read one word. one look at the size of the post and u can tell this guy has no life.
40. eN16HTMAR3 (Posts: 141; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
Look at all the issues they had with the 5s when that launched. All these people are doing is being the first to test the phone so Apple can come in and fix everything for the rest of the general public once it's released. Then again, who cares about this anymore?
48. medtxa (Posts: 699; Member since: 02 Jun 2014)
oh man, I don't want to get in line. that's lame
49. gigaraga (Posts: 1422; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
That was to be expected. Apple are getting worried about Samsung and Sony new phones that they pretend people are waiting for the next new iFlop.
50. darkkjedii (Posts: 14728; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
That was a dumb post dude. This has nothing to even do with apple. Do u even lift bro?
56. aba71983 (Posts: 589; Member since: 24 Jul 2014)
Apple never worried about Samsung and Sony. They are worried what Apple can do now that the new iPhone get bigger screen, better camera, 2GB RAM, maybe multitasking and maybe water & dust resistant.
61. gigaraga (Posts: 1422; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Haha Apple finally got a bigger screen, better camera, 2GB RAM, maybe multitasking and maybe water & dust resistant when everyone did it like what, 2-3 years ago?
64. aba71983 (Posts: 589; Member since: 24 Jul 2014)
Well, that's what rumors do and maybe it's true.
Yes, Samsung worried about Apple there two phone intruduce this week will fail like the S5.
57. kanagadeepan (Posts: 760; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
The iFan who paid 1250$ just for that waiting person, may buy almost two iPhones off contract online with that money... No wonder they are called as i-domestic animal...