The Sony Xperia Z2 might be faced with worldwide delays, could be pushed back to late April/early May
Sony Xperia Z2
1. pwnarena (Posts: 946; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
you have your quotes wrong, mr. if you got that from esato, miromiromi has nothing to do with that topic. please correct it.
4. pwnarena (Posts: 946; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
now please delete this comment since you're done with the correction. thanks.
15. Insignificant (Posts: 190; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Do you guys remember when Esato trolled you guys to teach a lesson at the beginning of 2013?
The good old days, lol.
2. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1328; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
You can't do this to me Sony!!!!! However, this will turn their sales if they are going to release after S5 and the All New One
13. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2699; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Yes, very late almost 3 months and after 6 months from Z2's announcement a new Z3 will come.
That's not gonna good for Sony.
3. nobelset (Posts: 270; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
I'm still gonna consider buying it... Despite me being a Samsung fanboy :-P. Just thought I wanted a new experience.
12. PANIC (Posts: 25; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
Me too...Samsung fan for many years now but this is enough...No more plastic toys like S3, S4 and now S5... I really want to try this premium Great phone. Can't wait to get it!!!
25. pwnarena (Posts: 946; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
i suggest waiting for the h2 flagship:) although the price of the z2 would have considerably dropped by then
27. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3018; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
It's pointless to wait forever. Tech improves super fast so you just have to buy a phone at some point. Stupid to always wait for the next one.
6. moroninc (Posts: 183; Member since: 14 Jul 2012)
And... thats why you can't beat Samsung.. make all the super phones you want but if you cannot meet the demand its difficult, same goes with HTC they actually have good phones but logistics is their main problem
17. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6600; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Sony can't beat samsung if they keep one carrier exclusive here in the u.s. Which have the largest market.
22. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8717; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Did we forget about China and, Japan and India?
8. Mike604 (Posts: 4; Member since: 28 Feb 2014)
GS5 is gonna scoop up even more sales.........
9. pradeepreddy (Posts: 45; Member since: 01 Apr 2013)
this is BIGGEST reason with most of the Phone manufacturers(Except Samsung & Apple) for their losses/less pouplar, despite having great Handsets!!!
14. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
What? No, Sony, no. Are you kidding me? Come on, Sony...
18. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3018; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I really hope this isn't true. My contract for my N9 ends on April the 11th and I want this to be available then! If not, I guess I'll have to be without a phone for a while lol....
24. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3018; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Could be a nice choice for some, but for me Z2 is the better one to go for. Design is just really important for me. Also I prefer Sony's skin to Touchwiz. These are just personal opinions though. Performance is probably same. Other has higher clock speed, other has more RAM. And as for the camera we'll have to see. Also, if Sony ships those noise cancelling headphones with Z2 in Finland, it would be awesome! I think they do in UK, so maybe in other parts of Europe too since Europe seems to be the main focus for Sony right now.
28. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8717; Member since: 14 May 2012)
The Z2 is starting to grow on me now. My biggest gripe would be the UI though. Everything else is pretty much top notch.
31. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3018; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Yeah if you don't like the software the phone is dead because it's the thing you will look at.
55. GTX_Ti (unregistered)
Custom launcher bro !!
36. Cicero (Posts: 414; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
Why? You'll return the phone on the end of contract? LOL
37. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3018; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Nope lol. But I can't access the network if I don't have a subscription for a carrier. So I won't have GSM or 3G. Of course I can use WiFi but it doesn't really help unless I'm at home
16. pyradark (Posts: 776; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
8 months cycle!! Thats great. Then z3 will be delayed too
19. zachattack (Posts: 580; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
Why are people even caring, no carrier information anyway stop acting like you can get it xP
20. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3018; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
You know "WORLD" means something else too not only the USA?
21. techperson211 (Posts: 683; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Been waiting for z2. Didn't think this is for real. Sony is more than capable of producing this device to accommodate the needs of consumer.
26. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3449; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
6 months cycle will cost. Even this news is telling me like fate. STICK TO SAMSUNG, STICK TO AMOLED AND WORST STICK TO PLASTIC.
29. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8717; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Interchangeable back covers means you get a metal one for under $10 on Amazon.
33. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3449; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
I am not trolling smurf i love sammy. I was just disappointed by s5 with plastic again i love amoled displays.
35. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3449; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
They dont fit as neatly as original cover and also signal reception is affected. Its my experience with galaxy s2. Also you have to pay extra for what you get out of the box with other high end (and some mid end phones lol) phones.
42. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8717; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You're complaining about a removable battery and removable back cover? Really?
39. Odiin (Posts: 280; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
Damm Sony, not again.
When everything seems to be in favor with Sony, now this? Sony is always late in clarifying things. Say something Sony.
48. TMach (Posts: 372; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Sony has not released a phone late for quite a while! AND this is not late, check GSMArena, the release date has already been confirmed by Carphonewarehouse (7th April) and Clove (Week commencing 7th April)!
Probably some troll! Also check Sony website, if you are not too fickle or lazy, as of 23:00 hours on 12 March, it states beginning of April. Another example of lazy journalism and PA can't even make a call to verify the "alleged" rumour which makes PA worse than the original troll!
52. Odiin (Posts: 280; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
Dude calm down, I just expressing my thoughts, not bashing Sony. Why your so excited?
I mean to say with every flagships Sony got one or another problem.
I hope it is a fake news. N Sony will release Z2 without any problems.
54. TMach (Posts: 372; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
"Damm Sony, not again. When everything seems to be in favor with Sony, now this? Sony is always late in clarifying things. Say something Sony".
Your comment quoted above and it is fairly self explanatory. Not sure why Sony would make a statement or say anything in relation to a false rumour! Saying anything at all simply fuels the fire! Nothing excited about my post, dude, just exasperation. I deal in facts rather than false rumours.
40. docxx (Posts: 63; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Relax Guys, this a a Samsung hoax!!
Looks like they are panicking..
This German shop is very reliable in terms of dates.
Z2 Tablet available from 27.03.14
Z2 Phone available from 15.04.14
46. Xenaz (Posts: 98; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
I don't this is a Samsung hoax, if Samsung really want to, the rumor should be something that will affect sales effectively like "the phone have a serious defect that will causing explosion easily....", but not just few weeks delay rumor. And in fact the rumor still could be true as delay could be just affected one or two regional launching but not Europe. But I really hope the rumor is fake.
41. npaladin2000 (Posts: 135; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
I hope LG puts stereo speakers into the waterproof G3, so I can have what the Xperia Z2 should have been, but without the delay. :)
44. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3018; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
G3 still won't come before Z2....... Won't even be announced before summer.....
49. TMach (Posts: 372; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Seriously? Do fall for the hoax dude! As a former Xperia Z, Z1 and current G2 owner, the G3 will never be what the Z2 should have been or will be. Why? The build quality and my annoyingly creaky plastic G2 which is also still stuck on 4.2.2! Not even 4.3!!
56. npaladin2000 (Posts: 135; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
That would be your problem, not LG's. Mine's on 4.4. LG's 4.4, not a custom ROM.
47. Federated (Posts: 241; Member since: 06 Mar 2010)
Fall/Winter 2014 will be interesting. Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 on most Flagships. Looking forward to that.
50. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1164; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
so they should've said it will release in some parts of the country in march..lame
51. docxx (Posts: 63; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
As expected Hoax!!!
The Z2 is superior in any sense it has simply no weaknesses and people realize that, so they try to play dirty games..
53. Federated (Posts: 241; Member since: 06 Mar 2010)
Exactly. Xperia Z2 is a perfect phone in my book. This is the only phone without weakness at the moment. Competitors are trying to smear Sony Z2 because they are simply jealous.