That 4100 mAh Note5 battery? It may be in a Note5 Active, coming in November
1. Ruturaj (Posts: 1294; Member since: 16 Oct 2014)
This strategy is ridiculous, I am going to buy note 5, and in November I will be pissed if active version is out, if I wait and active version is not out I still will be pissed.
3. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
The active won't look nearly as sexy and won't have a fingerprint scanner.
Plus, a newer phone won't make your phone perform worse suddenly.
16. Ruturaj (Posts: 1294; Member since: 16 Oct 2014)
Yes but I would prefer active, as I drop my phone often and would like waterproof model. Samsung should at least announce all phones together.
37. Ruturaj (Posts: 1294; Member since: 16 Oct 2014)
Already pre ordered note 5 and don't want to cancel it now.
19. Ruturaj (Posts: 1294; Member since: 16 Oct 2014)
Also about being sexy, you will never use phone like that without case right, and I think S6 active version is much better that putting normal S6 in thick case. Same would be case for note, I don't think I would use note (pre ordered it, haven't received it yet) without the case.
23. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
I use my S6 with tempered glass on both sides. It fell 1 time and no dents or scratches. Also if it falls hard, the glass will protect the screen and break itself. I'll buy another tempered glass then.
I'll never put a phone in an ugly plastic case. That defeats the whole point of build quality and feel in the hand.
32. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
The sides are really tough due to the 7000 series aluminum. Didn't you see the side drop tests.
39. miket1737 (Posts: 2381; Member since: 17 Mar 2013)
pretty sure S6 uses 6013 grade aluminum but no doubt about it it is still built tough and the screen most likely will not crack if it lands on the metal band of the phone dead on, things pretty rock solid. Also Tyrion, which tempered glass protectors you have? do they go all the way to the edge or close enough at least and leave no halo effect around the border?
44. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
I use a rock one. No they don't go all the way due to the 2.5D glass. But the tempered glass I use is a 2.5D glass too so it's smooth and a non issue. About the halo effect, it's surprisingly less on this one compared to nilkin ones.
I can't give you the link as it's only available on our local amazon site and not amazon.com.
36. Ruturaj (Posts: 1294; Member since: 16 Oct 2014)
I prefer gripper phone, I have faux leather back same as note 3 on my S4, with previous slippery back I dropped it many times.
64. DennisBlaine (Posts: 3; Member since: 05 Mar 2015)
NO it won't make it worse. But if you settle for less then discover what you really want is coming soon, you get it don't you? DISAPPOINTED!
4. Jason2k13 (Posts: 1171; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
Then stick to the note 5? or just wait a little bit longer? or buy both? or just get out more and socialize with people, rather than worrying about a phone not coming out when you want it to be.
17. Ruturaj (Posts: 1294; Member since: 16 Oct 2014)
I get out more that's why I want a active version but I also want bigger screen (that's why I haven't bought S6 active).
9. QWERTYphone (Posts: 654; Member since: 22 Sep 2014)
F samsung !!!! The Note5 SHOULD have LAUNCHED with both a removable battery and SD, and not made of fragile glass. I waited months for the S6 active to fix these issues. The lack of a fingerprint scanner was ridiculous. Samsung FAILED again.
LG G4 PRO here I come !!!!
24. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
S6 active doesn't have a microSd or removable battery, and neither will note 5 active have them.
42. QWERTYphone (Posts: 654; Member since: 22 Sep 2014)
NO $hit, Captain Obvious. We ALL KNEW that Samsung has abandoned both removable batteries and SD for the Note/Galaxy and that is why they are a FAILURE.
54. xdza1979 (Posts: 262; Member since: 08 Aug 2015)
If you knew that then its time for you to shut up and stop spamming Samsung articles with the same annoying message, Captin Troll!
33. M.O.A.B (Posts: 153; Member since: 13 Feb 2015)
i hope lg g4 pro wont have both so you may commit suicide and let us have rest of your endless whining and moaning about sd cards and removable battery !!
43. QWERTYphone (Posts: 654; Member since: 22 Sep 2014)
If so, I would take clueless idiots like YOU with me.
52. Trex95 (Posts: 879; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
Lol. I think all upcoming Android phones including mid range no more removable battrey and no more SD slot.
31. GOAT78 (Posts: 10; Member since: 17 Aug 2015)
yeah but if you wait until November, the regular Note 5 will be cheaper. I'm not sure why folks are rushing to buy the Note 5 right after release. Samsung is pushing the S6 Edge+ more than the Note 5. If the Note 5 flops, they will drop the price. Who wants to pay $800+ for the Note 5.
2. jmill75 (Posts: 59; Member since: 22 Jul 2009)
The S6 Active is one of the best under rated phones of the year.
I do not need a note version on the active but this could be one heck of a device for those who want the note in a durable form factor.
5. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I am not sure there is a market for this because I can't see a profession where the GS6 active isn't enough and you need a stylus and waterproofing together. Structural engineer maybe but that's just one profession. Lol
Oh well, whatever works for you Samsung.
20. Ruturaj (Posts: 1294; Member since: 16 Oct 2014)
For those who do outdoor sports or go out on weekends but work professional on workdays and/or want a big screen.
6. Landon (Posts: 417; Member since: 07 May 2015)
Why play with my emotions, Samsung? I'll still be ordering my Note 5 today but c'mon man!
7. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
Getting tired of the only one getting the active is AT&T.why can't the other three get it?.:(
10. mike2959 (Posts: 518; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
I hope they make 10 variants of every flagship, every year. Couple reason's,
1. I like reading about how you 17 year old trolls know how to operate a billion dollar company better than they do.
2. Consumers have choices.
11. summerofsam (Posts: 60; Member since: 19 Jun 2015)
f**k the Active i've been active all my life! Get the Note5 if you want her!
13. iusshpandeh (Posts: 250; Member since: 23 Jul 2014)
Maybe. iPhone users are loyal to iPhone and always upgrade to new model due to a reason that new iteration of iPhone never ditches their old features! Look how every good thing (along with bad ones though) of iPhone 1st gen exists in today's iPhone where as same can't be said for any other manufactures including Samsung, Lumia or Sony!
14. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
What features? A page of icons? That's all it is basically. Lol
15. caesantos (Posts: 86; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
I guess it's the best opportunity LG has ever had to be very succesful again with LG G4 Pro, that's to say, if LG G4 Pro has a removable battery...
18. rotkiv3451 (Posts: 84; Member since: 07 Jan 2015)
Then they'll remove the fingerprint scanner and only make it available in a 32GB version, and won't bring it to any other markets. Yay.
22. hitechredneck (Posts: 88; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Awesome was thinking about getting the S6 active now I might have to hold out for this one.
25. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
And when it comes and you'll think about it, you will hear rumors about S7 active and you'll hold out for it and so on......
26. ibend (Posts: 3777; Member since: 30 Sep 2014)
at this rate, I wont surprise if they release note5+ after this -_-
28. skyline88 (Posts: 456; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
it is better to wait for the Active version.
29. Mreveryphone (Posts: 460; Member since: 22 Apr 2014)
Death Star could get a note 5 with sd slot, 5000mAh battery, 4k screen, waterproof, hologram feature, drive my car feature, and whatever any other geek feature we want on our phone's and that bad boy will sit right on the att shelf. I'll never pay those rape plan prices for any exclusive phone they offer! Hell they even charge a access fee... Access to what? Isn't that what the bill is for? To access their service? They can have it... 4100mAh is not worth the bs they pull on their customers!
30. GOAT78 (Posts: 10; Member since: 17 Aug 2015)
I have remained loyal to the Note line. The Note 4 will be my last Samsung phone. If the specs for the LG G4 Pro are true, that will be my next device.
34. legiloca (Posts: 1305; Member since: 11 Nov 2014)
Talking about a slap in Note 5 owners' faces
35. Rager722 (Posts: 319; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
F** you Samsung with your "active" bull....
38. phonehome (Posts: 504; Member since: 19 Dec 2014)
I don't care if it is 41 million mAh. It better be f-cking removable. Enough of the bullsh-t, Samsung!
40. Suo.Eno (Posts: 489; Member since: 17 Feb 2013)
Finally. An active Note. Will there be a SD808 ver as previously rumored?
45. Ruturaj (Posts: 1294; Member since: 16 Oct 2014)
This is first rumor about active note, I guess. SD 808 was rumored for Edge+.
47. Suo.Eno (Posts: 489; Member since: 17 Feb 2013)
Ah I see. Would be intriguing if there's one.
41. Baracus (Posts: 223; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
After being consistently let down by Samsung this year I've come to the realisation that I should never believe any rumors that sound good because it's always the lowest end of rumours that turn out true.
46. miket1737 (Posts: 2381; Member since: 17 Mar 2013)
I been trying to find this out... I heard the Note 5 and S6 Edge + use 7000 series aluminum now as opposed to th 6013 grade in the S6 and S6 edge? Is this true and can anyone confirm? If so that is a great improvement alone
51. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
A lot of websites says it does, not sure it came from Samsung though.
58. miket1737 (Posts: 2381; Member since: 17 Mar 2013)
yeah i seen it too on like Pocketnow and stuff but i dont think this was mentioned at the keynote was it? you would think this is something to mention , this combination of 7000 series aluminum and gorilla glass 4= very durable, it destroyed the 6 plus in the drop test lol
61. miket1737 (Posts: 2381; Member since: 17 Mar 2013)
So i actually found out. The s6 edge plus and note 5 actually DO infact use 7000 series aluminum lol. Actually michael fisher from Pocketnow told me live in a Q&A on Hangouts him and 2 other people were doing it live, i had asked them a question and they answered mine. Michael Fisher said that a few Samsung reprensentatives told him that while they were hands on at the keynote. Pretty awesome if you ask me and a fantastic welcome addition. Although the glass panes on the phone arent that durable for obvious reasons it being glass, the aluminum metal frame in the s6 edge plus and note 5 can take a BEATING. If you seen some few recent drop tests on YT, when the phone hits the floor with the frame, it takes it like a tank and doesnt get scratched or dinged and dented no where near as much as metals used in past phones
48. javy108 (Posts: 1004; Member since: 27 Jul 2014)
Sammy release just ONE WONDERFUL phone model, stop making a phone each 3 month or youre gonna bre broke.
53. Diezparda (Posts: 866; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
Tsk i hate this active model, can't samsung just release Note 4 with water proof feature and extra battery? No need to release new model every months...
55. GeekMovement (Posts: 2155; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Should have just put the 4100 battery in the Note5.
56. joevsyou (Posts: 693; Member since: 28 Feb 2015)
how much thicker is the active compared to the 6? that allowed them to throw in extra 1000mh