Tests show the Nokia Lumia 920's refresh rate 5.4x faster than iPhone 5
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
Nice refresh rate Nokia :)
29. AamirSIII (banned) (Posts: 187; Member since: 04 Oct 2012)
lol dude u Nokia exec or something??
6. wendygarett (unregistered)
"The explanation of the test is a bit tough to convey, because the original page is in Finnish (and it should be noted that there's always a chance that the test could be skewed towards the home team, aka the Nokia, but the test seems reliable)."
As long as it's convey me enough it's faster compared to most, that's enough for me... Please stop bashing PA LOL
33. Vinayakn73 (Posts: 191; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
yeh nokia rocks and iphone just keep saying behhh beeehhh
2. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
(and it should be noted that there's always a chance that the test could be skewed towards the home team, aka the Nokia, but the test seems reliable)
wow. that's not just good saying such thing. If anything else, lumia 920 has the best display on the market as of now. Exception of "pixel density".
7. hariprasath.j (unregistered)
Nokia + Android = Perfection
23. SIGPRO (Posts: 1309; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
Nokia + Android = CRAP, i am glad Nokia didn't chose Android!
I love Nokia, but Android is a crap os!
36. nooraldeen (Posts: 49; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
If Nokis deals with Android the other companies wont sell phones hhh most of the people loves nokia and most of them go and buy other phones cuz it has android (including me im the biggest nokia fan in the world but I went two weeks ago and bought Note2)
40. SIGPRO (Posts: 1309; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
Sure first you are saying you are the biggest Nokia fan in the world.........and then you bougt a Note2......what is wrong with this picture???? NOOB
41. nooraldeen (Posts: 49; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
Yes I bought Note cuz its Android . When wp8 will bring apps like android then I will bye the next lumia phone
22. Johnnokia (Posts: 1059; Member since: 27 May 2012)
Nokia + Android = perfection
Nokia + Windows = perfection
Nokia + Symbian = perfection
Nokia + Meego = perfection
Nokia is the best and greatest phone's manufacturer.
By the way, I have Galaxy S3 because I like Android, but I could not find any quality as great as Nokia's.
30. AamirSIII (banned) (Posts: 187; Member since: 04 Oct 2012)
dude come on... i dont get it! what kind of phone do u want that would satisfy ur QUALITY needs?? phone made out of TITANIUM or IRON??? S3 is made out of High quality plastic so as to lower the weight! i own S3 and my bro has iPhone 5. and guess what i personally feel iPhone is way too light! but again its made out of Aluminum. u people have no respect for gadgets! i love samsung for its products! not saying Nokia is bad, nokia is great! but its NOT PERFECT! hell, its not at all better than samsung!
32. LOTR12 (Posts: 13; Member since: 04 Nov 2012)
Manufacturers shouldn't even weigh their phones. Do those 30 gr less of the iPhone really matter. The first time I switched from an old phone to a smartphone, I picked up the smartphone and almost dropped it, because of it's lightness. 2 days later, it felt as heavy as the old phone. Weight should matter on tablets because they're a lot bigger and heavier, when you hold them for a long time your hands hurt. You can hold your phone for as long as you want, and it wont hurt (except for phablets)
34. Leo_MC (Posts: 964; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
If S3 is your first phone or you paid very much money and you want to feel good about your choice, than Samsung is a good phone.
If you would have owned at least a HTC (let alone a Blackberry, Ericsson or Nokia), you would have agreed S3 is a piece of crap when it comes to build quality.
I don't have a iP 5 and never saw it but I can say 4S is a beautiful built phone; other than ios vs. android - which is a matter of preference - I would have no hesitation in choosing Apple's "glass" device over Samsungs plastic.
5. ODabaja (unregistered)
8. MeoCao (unregistered)
I saw some reviews on Youtube and was very impressed with Lumia 920 screen, the camera is top notch, the build quality is great.
But Lumia is hampered by an inferior OS and late release (MS fault, not Nokia's).
Had L920 been released at the same time as GS3 I think 920 could've been a serious competitor to GS3.
9. cripton805 (Posts: 1416; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
Exactly how fast of a difference in time??? Really important piece of info here. Are we talking a fraction of a millisecond?
10. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
"but could be noticeable in the right circumstances."
Michael, could you give an example of the right circumstances? What immediately occurs is possibly watching videos, but I would be interested in your take.
14. kushki (Posts: 49; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
When scrolling, the display and text/image flow looks more crisp and smooth, with a lot less chaos. That's it. But I would like this gimmic more than the retina display gimmic.
17. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Thanks for the example. Is it just limited to scrolling? Out of curiosity, why wouldn't it present itself while watching video?
18. apocalypsebc (Posts: 148; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
I think it would and also for scrolling bars and pop up advertisements.
26. kushki (Posts: 49; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
It will also work great with complex videos and games with high FPS and lots going on. The display wont look as scrambled as with something with regular refresh rate.
11. B3BLW29 (Posts: 238; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Dear Michael how is it that you know they were partial ? We know you love apple man plz stop PDA with Iphone ;)
12. phil2n (Posts: 487; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Lumia 920's refresh rate is faster than iPhone.
13. kushki (Posts: 49; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
If Retina Display on a 3.5 inch screen (now 4 inch) can be considered big, this is huge...
15. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Nokia Lumia 920 is currently World Best Windows Phone
19. Kal-el (Posts: 93; Member since: 14 Dec 2012)
Well duh....i didn't need a test to know that...it's a iphone what do you expect.........other than patent lawsuits i mean
20. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
nokia is the best!!!
they're like TVQX (kpop group) means "the rising god of the east" but they are from the west!!! love them!! i love nokia!
21. ChiX017 (Posts: 308; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
Now we have our "most advanced display on a mobile device" Tim Cook or Jonathan Ive or someone from apple.
28. OHaZZaR (Posts: 131; Member since: 19 Aug 2011)
You can diss anyone at apple except for Steve Jobs or Jony Ive. They are actually doing many things right. Other than that, yeah it was a pretty bold and untrue statement they made.
25. Shubham412302 (Posts: 429; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
few montg ago most of the comments used to be against nokia
good to see that nokia is back atlast
27. OHaZZaR (Posts: 131; Member since: 19 Aug 2011)
Every phone manufacturer and consumer cares about the most pixels that could be fit in a tiny screen. Ever since I saw a 200Hz tv for the first time, I've wondered why that technology won't be implemented in smartphones. Nokia is the first manufacturer that did what should truly be done on a phone screen and for that, they have my respect. Here's hoping everyone follows suit.
35. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1116; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
And as GSMArena said they couldn't find a single real life scenario where this is useful. Just another marketing gimmick.
38. papss (unregistered)
I have one and love it!
39. motty (Posts: 84; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
Iphone5 is now Available here, but im still waiting for Lumia920... #iwantLumia920