T-Mobile G2 Gingerbread update is teased again by HTC
Adding fuel to the fire, a newsletter sent out yesterday includes a notice from HTC that the T-Mobile G2 is about to receive an OTA update with Android 2.3 and a few enhancements as well. The download should refine the UI to make it quicker and easier to use. Text input will be faster and more intuitive following the update which will also bring one-touch word selection and copy/paste to the G2. Battery life should be improved thanks to the changes in power management that come with the update,along with an easier way to manage apps on the phone. And the software update will bring a 3G/4G vs. H signal indicator.
Hopefully this update comes as quickly as it would appear its coming. T-Mobile's first 4G enabled device should have a special place in the carrier's heart and having this handset upgraded to Gingerbread before completely covering it with dirt would only be fitting.
1. jtech (unregistered) posted on 14 Jun 2011, 09:44 0 0
Finally!! So does that mean instead of showning the H it will show 3G and 4G?
2. Tmo-guy (unregistered) posted on 14 Jun 2011, 10:04 0 0
4. jokerwe (unregistered) posted on 14 Jun 2011, 12:47 0 0
Is the update still coming by the end of Q2?
5. remixfa posted on 15 Jun 2011, 14:32 0 0
easy way to get the update? get a warranty replacement.. they are coming with it installed. Ive confirmed it when my wife's got swapped last week. Huge battery life improvement with it as welll.
7. blbennett (unregistered) posted on 28 Jun 2011, 16:29 0 0
How did she go about that? Was it actually broken or did she just get it replaced?
6. AAJ (unregistered) posted on 26 Jun 2011, 12:18 0 0
SO is the update still coming in Q2? or is it now Q3?
8. woode (unregistered) posted on 16 Jul 2011, 10:57 0 0
Just got a replacement from tmobile. Still on 2.2
9. newyorksuzie (unregistered) posted on 20 Jul 2011, 08:38 0 0
Why put this phone to rest, I don't get it?! It's a wonderful phone, ok so it's a little thick but it's vanilla!! I just don't get it, I really don't. This phone is a developers dream, a well constructed cream puff if you ask me ( not that you did but I'm telling you anyway)..