Sony shows off its new dark silver edition of the Sony Xperia S
The Sony Xperia S is known for a couple of things. One is the high 342ppi pixel density which makes the display extremely clear. In fact, Sony quotes a report from Strategy Analytics as saying that the Sony Xperia S has the sharpest HD display on a smartphone. The other thing the device is known for is the thin translucent strip near the bottom of the device that houses the antennas on the phone and gives the unit a unique look.
Sony also plans on taking the device, overclocking the dual-core 1.5GHz Qualcomm MSM8260 processor to 1.7GHz, offering the model in blue and pink, and calling it the Sony Xperia SL.
source: Sony via IntoMobile
1. Dr.Phil posted on 14 Aug 2012, 01:09 1 2
In all honesty, phone colors haven't really made a difference for me considering I just put a case on it anyways. I guess on some phones, the front part that isn't covered by a case would show that color.
2. darktranquillity posted on 14 Aug 2012, 01:13 1 5
Oh that phone with no sd slot?. No thanks:-/
3. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 14 Aug 2012, 01:37 5 1
grow up.....stop downloading porn on your phone and you wont need a sd slot...would you really would turn down a beautiful phone like this because it doesnt have 64 freakin giga bytes or more.....I could see if you didnt want it cause it has the S3 processor and not S4 but you wont get it cuz it comes with only 32gb installed! Is that really not enough??
4. 09wbd03516 (banned) posted on 14 Aug 2012, 02:01 3 0
The sd card is kinda troublesome too
It makes your device laggy when you wanna play some app in your sd card, it is good sometimes but, once you get stolen, your sd card will be stolen as well.
5. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 14 Aug 2012, 03:49 1 0
Haha, If my phone is lost, the last thing I worry about is the SD card.
6. Raymond_htc posted on 14 Aug 2012, 03:49 1 0
Yes...But I know that Phones, High end phones nowadays has large internal memory, such as 16gb-64gb. BUT... low end phones of course has low internal mem... and SD card slot is a necessary!
7. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 14 Aug 2012, 03:57 1 0
fortunately the phone in this article isn't a "low end" phone...
13. nsnk86 posted on 14 Aug 2012, 10:24 0 0
according to me 32 gigs is more than sufficient!! &i stil got much memory left!!
14. aoikemono27 posted on 14 Aug 2012, 14:04 1 0
Wow what a load of bull. The iPhone was a POS for not having a microsd slot, but when your favorite android company doesn't use one it becomes the only acceptable norm? Sony's other phones in the Xperia line have microSD slots and they look EXACTLY like this phone so your excuses are BS. And the memory argument is absolutely terrible cognitive dissonance.
16. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 14 Aug 2012, 14:56 1 0
AAAAA maybe becasue the iphone is pretty lame to begin with...... Jus saying
8. darktranquillity posted on 14 Aug 2012, 03:58 0 2
dude you always thinks about porn thats why when someone complains about lack of sd slot you give 'stop porn' message.
9. darktranquillity posted on 14 Aug 2012, 04:00 0 2
So what you saying, that thieves differentiate between phones with sd slot and no sd slot?
12. nsnk86 posted on 14 Aug 2012, 10:22 0 0
wow!! luks better than the black xperia S i got!! :)
15. aoikemono27 posted on 14 Aug 2012, 14:06 0 0
Sony, go make the Xperia S with the silver color of the Xperia P. Is it so hard? This looks like the BLACK version under bright lighting. Under Dim lighting, you wouldn't even be able to tell the difference between it and the BLACK version. Wasting everyone's time.
17. InspectorGadget80 posted on 15 Aug 2012, 11:23 1 0
sexy color. but sony should at least call it the DARK KNIGHT phone