Sony Odin specs might have been revealed already
1. AppleConspiracy (Posts: 637; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Things are shaping up like a large-scale introduction of multiple Nexus devices that could have 5-inch FullHD displays. Last year, Google Nexus project introduced the HD display. And now it's time for another "innovation".
4. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 368; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Next year 2013,the innovation is "no bezel"phone.Motorola RAZRi has already given us the taste.So enjoy the whole screen without borders and bigger size displays with full HD resolution.
6. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
xperia arc pro
xperia nexus arc
anything else? :D
13. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 813; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Xperia TV, (Xperia T size + Xperia V enhancements + New Full HD Screen maybe & 2500mAh battery)
22. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
+ one more tree in the Jungle of Alphabets
Darn I hope Sony keeps it name as 'Odin' and put a laser engraving of Odin's drawing on its back *__*
8. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
What is happening to me:
Nokia Era: Oh wow, his phone has a 320x240 display! *jealous* Mine has a $hitty 128x128 CSTN panel :/
Nokia's Decline: Oh wow! look at that, VGA resolution!! *jealous* I only have a 240p :/
SGSII : What a stunning WVGA display *__* I wanna throw my phone away :(
SGSIII/One X: Screen to die for! Die die my phone >:[
1080p Era: Dunno if I'll call 720p a $hitty display or not.. I wonder.
Display Evolution man!
23. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
u want display evolution? im still waiting for a pixel-less display!!! a screen displaying pure images, similar to the human eyes' vision!!!
2. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1018; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I'm excited for the supposed 6 inch device. I seem to always want to go bigger with my phones, and then you can't go back to those little 4 inch screens.
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
Japanese are finally produce a lot of big screen phone this years... but still it's hard for the feature phones users (which contains almost 80% in japan) to accept the giant phone... Oh well, time will tell :)
7. rahulcena5565 (Posts: 57; Member since: 01 Nov 2010)
Its starting, the FullHD revolution!
Android brings in innovation, as always
9. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
After like 2-3 yrs someone would be totting this as 'Revolutionary Innovation' xD
18. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
hes saying the same thing apple does.resolutionary
10. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
So this shift towars larger screen phones ultimately has been forced by Samsung. So the race for larger screen phones will still get bigger by day/year. Are we looking at 6 inch iPhone (with width unchanged) next year?
14. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
sounds good sony......i guess for the phablet crew anyway..........but im still waiting on that.... 4.3 inch beast?? lol im looking for the most compact phone with all the best specs possible :)
That would be my dream phone.....quad core with 2500 battery HD screen 4.3 or 4.5 inch, no higher no lower
16. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
no it wont..........it'll get a 7 point FIVE this time! lolz
17. Jimstar (Posts: 259; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Well pork my daughter and kick my dog, I guess phablets really have taken off. This is the last thing I saw happening whether the Note was a success or not.
Makes you kinda feel bad for Dell, they didn't know how ahead of the curve they were, if only they'd hung in there.
19. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Great, but I'm afraid that by the time it gets out, Samsung will already take the spotlight with the S4
21. Mke5Mke (Posts: 18; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
Phones are getting bigger and tablets are getting smaller. Technology is seeking equilibrium. There's really no need to have a tablet and a smartphone when one device can do the job of both. If I were a Samsung fan more than an Android fan, the Note II would be my next device. But because I believe Android provides a greater innovative, technological thrust forward than Samsung or any single OEM and because Android performs at its best on the latest and greatest hardware, it looks like I'll be choosing the LG Optimus G this year.
26. Insignificant (Posts: 192; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
iPhoneArena, you are just getting worse as worse.
If you learnt how to read the forums instead of making up things, you'd know there are two flagships next year, and the ODIN is the first half one. It won't have a 1080p display.
The second half will.
The second half phone will have an MSM8974.
28. AbhiD (Posts: 65; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
seems like u didn't read esato forums with open eyes...
both the devices (5 inch screen and the other with 6 inch screen) will come with 1080p resolution.
What phonearena has reported is completely correct!!!
27. Insignificant (Posts: 192; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
The 2H flagship will establish Sony as the best phonemaker. Hopefully the sales will reflect that.