Samsung’s Future Exynos Powered Smartphones to feature Assertive Display
Assertive Display is one of those technologies where seeing it in action is all you need to become a believer, but still, what's the fuss all about? AD is an advanced display management core which employs sophisticated digital processing to adjust each pixel individually, in real time, based on models of how both the display and your eyes perceive visual content according to the viewing environment. It takes control of both the screen brightness and the color representation of each individual pixel of each visual frame. It allows for significant power savings on top of an effective screen contrast ratio of 1000:1 on both LCD and OLED displays.
Hopefully, the addition of Assertive Display will make those beautiful Samsung panels shine in all lighting conditions, as it did for Nokia.
2. E34V8 (Posts: 59; Member since: 16 Dec 2011)
Good news. Even now, Samsung flagship phones have pretty good screens.
I think Samsung should find a way to make a high ppi, rgb strip OLED panels. That would also greatly improve image quality.
P.S. PA, it's one thing censoring (or at least trying) a word (iРhоneArena), but trying to block my ip... really? I do not think it is a good idea.
3. IliyaBeshkov (Posts: 244; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
Cool, but Samsung have to allow this for both versions.
4. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 772; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
This is one of the reasons why I love the Lumia 1520 :D
5. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3580; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
SAmoled+assertive tech=the best outdoor visible display :D
6. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2791; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Wow, Samsung displays will now score even more. Nokia has Assertive display and which has very good outdoor visibility.
7. dimitris91 (Posts: 2; Member since: 19 Apr 2014)
Will this technology make it to the note 4?
8. MarkArigayo (Posts: 240; Member since: 18 Dec 2013)
Full RGB Amoled is a must instead of PenTile one.
9. Anstice (Posts: 12; Member since: 26 May 2014)
WQ HD Super AMOLED with assertive display? *drools*