Samsung smartphone display to have 768 x 1280 resolution
1. epic (unregistered) posted on 26 Jul 2011, 14:28 2 0
2. GALAXY-S posted on 26 Jul 2011, 14:32 1 0
SWEEET!!! i would not even think twice to get this phone!!!
3. GALAXY-S posted on 26 Jul 2011, 14:36 0 0
this will defenitly be a great improvement over the current 800x480 they have now !! but when will U.S see it?? 2012 maybe?? :(
4. ArmageddonX posted on 26 Jul 2011, 14:42 0 0
Galaxy SIII (S3) or Nexus Prime would be my guess.
5. tech-head (unregistered) posted on 26 Jul 2011, 14:44 5 1
7. downphoenix posted on 26 Jul 2011, 15:56 1 0
this phone's going to be a sluggish one with that high of a display on a single core 1ghz.
8. nak1017 posted on 26 Jul 2011, 16:04 0 0
This could be the single core version of the rumored Nexus Prime or the fabled Hercules...
9. sowhat (unregistered) posted on 26 Jul 2011, 16:12 0 0
This is probably just early proto-type for Nexus prime display. So they used old processor in it. They will put dual or quad core beast in it soon if it's Nexus prime proto-type.
10. heatfan316 (unregistered) posted on 26 Jul 2011, 16:18 0 0
The nexus prime will not have a single-core processor that would be complete failure only if was a 2ghz single-core not 1
11. alecgale posted on 26 Jul 2011, 16:23 0 0
can a single core even handle that high of a resolution and be able to play games i don't think so this is probably just a prototype
15. GALAXY-S posted on 26 Jul 2011, 16:58 4 0
lol fat, f**ked and brainwashed .... jus go kill yourself :)
16. alecgale posted on 26 Jul 2011, 17:02 4 1
last time i checked the iphone 5 will only have a resolution of 960x640 NOT 1920x1080 full HD that would be pointless as steve jobs has claimed that the human eye can't tell the difference over 300 ppi at 1 foot away
also the SGS2 is actually more responsive than any apple device watch the youtube videos. also it is thinner than the iphone 4 and likely the iphone 5 if they are using a metal back
your just some ignorant stupid apple fan who believes that apple is the best when they aren't even close
21. remixfa posted on 26 Jul 2011, 18:55 0 0
i really think that was supposed to be a parody of some of our board regulars, alec. I laughed. :)
22. readingthissh1t posted on 26 Jul 2011, 19:36 0 0
i always thought this guy was seriously trollin' i always say the most inappropriate things to him.
25. Happy Skinnyvirgin (unregistered) posted on 26 Jul 2011, 19:58 0 0
You forgot to mention that your iPhone 4 had 4g a year before the technology was even rolled out.
...and that your Macbook can't get viruses because OS X is better than Windows.
26. sgogeta4 posted on 26 Jul 2011, 20:07 3 0
Hey Angry Fatf**k, Samsung MAKES the iPhone's screen. Please stfu and go back to the little hole where you came from and die. Thank you, the rest of the world.
29. DIYguy posted on 27 Jul 2011, 02:11 1 0
idiot LG makes iphone 4 screens, they aren't apples...
31. rican posted on 27 Jul 2011, 11:15 0 0
lmao i always thought u were serious but the more i read ur s**t the funnier it gets, thanks for the laugh i needed it
14. sjsjsj (unregistered) posted on 26 Jul 2011, 16:56 0 0
yeah this is obviously some unattractive and insecure young boy who was possibly abused and feels lonely, lost and ashamed. venting here on comments helps him to feel vindicated that is life is such horror show. so sad.
17. kdsgs2 posted on 26 Jul 2011, 17:57 0 0
This man is really f**ked up and he needs one more session
18. KingK (unregistered) posted on 26 Jul 2011, 17:57 0 3
Sounds weak, last week.
Why not make it HD? Why qualcomm?
20. twenti7 posted on 26 Jul 2011, 18:31 0 0
This is more than likely just a prototype device for testing the screen itself and not a prototype for an actual phone. No doubt when this screen is ready to come to market it will be paired with top of the line hardware to match.
19. som posted on 26 Jul 2011, 17:58 1 2
iPhone 5 has 1920 x 1080, what company is making screen iPhone 5?
Spoiled Apple will not get any Samsung components from now on included this new 1280 x 768 display for smartphones and Samsung's new 10.1-inch, 2560x1600 display for tablets in 2012.
32. Laurynas (unregistered) posted on 27 Jul 2011, 11:54 0 0
And what components Apple was geting from Samsung?
27. OpTiKaWn (unregistered) posted on 26 Jul 2011, 22:31 0 0
Actuly i think its LG that makes the retina display.... could be wrong but im pretty sure, yeah im sure, i think samsung has a lil to do with it but its mainly LG even on lots of sites it says stuff like LG's ceo says ipad 3 to get retina display and crap, they are the main player and i guess samsung helps a lil bit lol with it...
28. Wonder Why (unregistered) posted on 27 Jul 2011, 01:27 0 0
Woah.. that's more then HD. Not that i'm complaining though but wonder why didn't they aim for the perfect 16:9 res? Personal preference but i find it kinda annoying watching stuff with black borders on the top and bottom.
Yes i know you can stretch the video but then you'd have the stretchy effect even though most people may not find it noticible. My only guess is that their intention is to produce the cinema effect with the black borders~ meh
33. luis_lopez_351 posted on 27 Jul 2011, 22:48 0 0
"Android 2.3 and have a Qualcomm MSM8250 single-core 1GHz processor under the hood." 2.3??? but isnt 2.4 almost out???? and a single core 1 ghz processor WTF!!! expect major lag and battery hog.
34. paul97 (unregistered) posted on 08 Aug 2011, 17:28 0 0
hopefully it will come late this year or most likely early 2012