Samsung moved 800,000 Galaxy Gears in two months, says it's 'the most sold wearable watch in the market'
1. SIGPRO (Posts: 1290; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
Yeah sure, this watch sucks! And there were free when you bought a note 3!
46. xoatomxo (Posts: 57; Member since: 26 Apr 2011)
SIGPRO dont lie. they arent free.
Name a carrier who gives it for free when you buy a note 3
12. shawndog1 (Posts: 34; Member since: 21 May 2011)
They are not free to note 3 owners , They are available for $300.00 to note 3 owner's only at the moment .
14. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
choose to stick your head in the sand? retail stores across the UK, US and most countries are actually doing this, well unless being negative makes you feel smarter
16. rd_nest (Posts: 1578; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Really?? Most countries? Name 10 such countries where Gear is free with GN3.
Let me remind you that there are more than 250 countries in the world.
I will be waiting for your proof.
35. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
the gear had a return rate of 30% at Best Buy, something that actually raised concern.
42. rd_nest (Posts: 1578; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Still waiting for your answer. Stop trolling and find proof of countries where it is free.
23. jroc74 (Posts: 5980; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I just checked Verizon website, in the US, and its $299. So its gonna be free in their stores?
I doubt it.
Just checked Best Buy, US also. $300 there too. Whats wild is a simple search woulda told you this....
27. taikucing (unregistered)
not free in my country
39. jroc74 (Posts: 5980; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Yea...I seen one store/chain in the UK do this.
How does that = across the UK, US, and most countries?
28. batman888 (Posts: 37; Member since: 06 Dec 2012)
you be a bit kinder to the king of smartphones
37. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4797; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
It was NEVER free. lol
On other news the Samsung Galaxy Gear was rooted. It's INSANE what they have done with it. Check this out:
53. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
moved 800.000 probably means sold 100 000... any wayz...if people have £250 to spend on this sort of crap...why not..
it's funny though how low can plastic fanboys go when having to defend this sort of crap provided by their awesome 'sammy'...
54. Zimakool (Posts: 9; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
mine wasn't free , wish it was but I don't regret buying it at the $299 price tag
55. phljcnth (Posts: 479; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
I bet you never owned one. I think Gear is the smartest, most versatile, good-looking watch to date. Believe me guys, this is worth the money. I have to admit though that I was skeptical before because of the bad reviews. My Gear lasts me at least 60hrs.
61. kashhef (Posts: 5; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
Galaxy gear note free, and even cost as much in which u can buy a mid range 2cellphones of any brand.
Its impressive response, if the price get lowered the demand will rise more n more.
2. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
“It's the most sold wearable watch available in the market place...”
because you offered the gear for free to consumers buying galaxy note 3.
And the gear also suffering some 30 percent return rate in u.s. stores of best buy.
29. joey_sfb (Posts: 5236; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Does it bother you that gear is selling better than your expectations. That's weak! I got a gear and it does not bother me whether they sell well or not.
I also have the Sony smart watch 1 their sales suck, but so what? Its still serve as a great gadget for my samsung tab 7.7 while gear pair with my note 3.
Hater just hate with a passion its only affect your personality and health.
49. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Hahaha... i don't fu***ng
care about gear sales.
But when samsung say something like about gear
“It's the most sold wearable watch available in the market place...”
It's just nothing but BS because they offered the gear for free to consumers buying galaxy note 3.
59. maccess (Posts: 742; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
your mouth even more bullsh*t than anything else sonyboy..
63. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Hahaha... Another mindless samsheep just can't accept the truth that have said.
64. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
* I have said
Oh yeah this so called “sonyboy” is long time galaxy user
My Xperia ZR and Xperia Tablet Z is the first Sony devices since SE K750i.
I like Sony products but i'm not some closed minded fanboys like most of you (samsheep) who will always defends your beloved company like mindless armies.
43. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The US also gave Apple 1 billion for free and your precious Sony thinks that the US market is so full of retards that they are ignoring the market altogether.
So yeah, that doesn't say much.
52. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Damn... what are you talking about???
“The US also gave Apple 1 billion for free”
So what's the problem with that?
You know even without
concentrating their products in China and US, so far Sony has very good sales revenue.
I know it's not good enough to beat samsung but i think it's a great achievement especialy they aren't doing some dirty moves, aggresive marketing, or benchmark cheating.
65. joey_sfb (Posts: 5236; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Hope you chill and don't give yourself a heart attack. Its not worth the heart aches to worry about who buy what gadget. I work hard and increase my ability to buy as many gadgets as i like and that happens to be Samsung in 2012 and 2013.
In 2008 to 2011 i buy a lot of Apple products.
If xiao mi come up strong i might buy it in 2014. Why i telling you is because is its worth trading your health worrying about what others buy cause they would not change their mind even if you kill yourself over it.
Peace be with you, yudi.nemesis.
66. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Hahaha... that is one of the most stupidest things i ever read.
Just cut off the BS because no one care what you, i or anybody buy and accept the truth that what your beloved company said is one big lies.
And just FYI in 2002 the first phone that i ever use is from motorola and since 2009 to early 2013 i'm nokia and samsung loyal customers.
Until this day the only sony devices that i ever use is K750i (2005), Xperia ZR and Tablet Z.
Next time if you want to argue with me stay on topic pleasee..!!!
3. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
Sammy keeps going on with the ridiculous way of counting the "sales numbers".
It's all about credibility.
What's given for free isn't sold.
25. jroc74 (Posts: 5980; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Does that also apply to phones that are free on contract?
If so Apple is also guilty of shady counting of sales for older iPhones.
50. sniperdroid (Posts: 146; Member since: 23 May 2013)
Free? People are throwing that word around. Where is it free and how can I get one for the same?
4. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
Watches and glasses are not where the market will be with "wearable computing". The big breakthrough will be when the Android tin foil hat is released. And the Google Beanie with cloud-source controlled spinning propeller.
6. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
It's a beginning of a success story. You can already do a whole lot more than on launch and more is coming, but the real achievement here is the world taking note, cause when the 2nd, widely supported, more refined, faster, smaller and more efficient comes with a flexible screen, it will already have thousands of developers supporting and important user feedback improving the experience.
I wouldn't but it RIGHT NOW (or any watch smart or made out of gold), but I didn't think the Note will amount to much then came he REAL phablet experience on the Note 2. I expect Samsung also taking this as a learning experience and have a head start when Gear 2 is out.
44. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Exactly. This works much better than any other model. Practice on your lower end products and use your perfected skills on your flagship models.
7. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
hey, The Verge reports that Samesong may actually mean shipments, this could be the same old deception song
8. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Shipment = Sold if Samsung is "stuffing the channel."
11. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
if the report is true then they really know how to get out of their way to make a name for themselves
34. joey_sfb (Posts: 5236; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Two of your haters better brace yourself, Samsung smart watch is here to stay whether is gear or gear 2 or galaxy Smart watch.
Samsung is not a company that would quit a market, so keep on hating and grow yourself a cancer tumor.
62. willard12 (Posts: 1513; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Hey Genius, neither Samsung nor Apple , nor any other OEM report actual "sales" numbers. Do you really think Best Buy, Radio Shack, Amazon, and a 1000 other stores report to Samsung the number they sold? When you see a "sales" figure, it comes from some research firm that creates an estimate. Apple, Samsung, and everyone else only know the number they made and they number they shipped and the number they sell in their own stores. However, Apple does like to present "sales" numbers at their black shirt presentations using the highest estimate they see from a research firm. After a certain amount of time, when you've levied every kind of absolutely stupid conspiracy theory and accusation that is completely false, wouldn't you want to just quit? Also, I'm still unsure of what you believe Apple has invented. We can cross smartwatch off the list.
18. rd_nest (Posts: 1578; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
The perennial troll is back again. (Almost ) every company reports shipments as sales.
Let's look at Apple, shall we??
Here's the link for latest FORM 10-K report from Apple investor relations:
Go to page 50.
"For most of the Company’s product sales, these criteria are met at the time the product is shipped."
22. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
that and free gears....I am personally more interested in the next iterations of Gear
9. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
Both Galaxy Gear and Galaxy Cam are lackluster.
What do they have in common?
There are no such products from Apple that Sammy can copy.
30. joey_sfb (Posts: 5236; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Apple has done their fair share of copying iOS 7 ring a bell?
Besides, many people are waking up to Apple boring design year after year. Does their declining market share indicate their inability to get new customers :-)
15. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 773; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Then what will happen if you will complain abt this thing? Haha idiots
20. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
yeah i'm not the article link posting type but other sites are reporting low sales numbers for the Gear calling it a flop.
24. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3702; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
This is not true. Can't see gear anywhere. Moved and Sold numbers are different.
26. nctx77 (Posts: 1639; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
Umm...yesterday Sammy was doing damage control, because they only sold 50,000. Now they are talking about 800,000? Sammy is sneaky as hell. This is definitely shipped.
31. joey_sfb (Posts: 5236; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
None of us here are Samsung or Apple share holders so why does it concerns us that the sales is good or not. Their gear support is great that my primary concern and their recent gear all apps notification is simply delightful to me.
45. rd_nest (Posts: 1578; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Everybody in this world reports 'Shipped' figure. You need to have inventory in channel. Do you want to go to a store and find nothing to buy? If they don't maintain inventory in the channel, how are they supposed to sell the product? I guess you never did any business. Apple also does same. Why don't you should over Apple now??
Yes, it's shipped. And that means 'sales' for Sammy. That's how businesses work.
Also, check Realisation Concept in Accounting practices. Worth reading.
32. Ninetysix (Posts: 2314; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Which one do we believe? 50K or 800K sold?
36. joey_sfb (Posts: 5236; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Samsung can sell zero gear so do your think that would stop them from coming out gear 2 or gear 3. Samsung is big enough to weather failure. Keep on their development till they succeed.
I keep an open mind to enjoy whatever brands that bring the best gadgets.
40. jroc74 (Posts: 5980; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
The question is which do you believe....but we already know that dont we......
41. willard12 (Posts: 1513; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
"If sales figures of under 50,000 sold are accurate"....I'd believe the number reported by the company rather than an unsubstantiated report that includes the word "if." Here's an "if" for you. If a company falsely reports earnings and sales it is a crime punishable by Security Exchange Commissions world-wide. Seeing as there are no stock holders suing, you might want to assume Samsung has sold 800,000 more galaxy gear devices than Apple is capable of producing iwatches. I know, I know, when apple produces the iwatch, it will be polished and that's why they are slow. It will be polished like ios 7, 7.01, 7.02, 7.03, and 7.1 are.
47. rd_nest (Posts: 1578; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Simple -- 50,00 number is only for South Korea.
800,000 number for worldwide.