Samsung Galaxy Star Advance is yet another entry-level Android KitKat phone
Like the Star 2, the Galaxy Star Advance runs Android 4.4 KitKat, supports two SIM cards, and is far from being a high-end smartphone. However, most of its features are a bit more advanced (as the name suggests) than those of the Star 2.
Sporting a 4.3-inch WVGA display, the new Galaxy Star is powered by a dual-core 1.2GHz processor of unknown provenience. The handset also offers HSPA connectivity, a 3MP rear camera with LED flash, 512MB of RAM, 4GB of internal memory, microSD card support, and a 1,800 mAh battery.
According to FoneArena, customers in India will be able to buy the Samsung Galaxy Star Advance for about $120 (7,299 INR). The smartphone will probably be released in other markets in the near future, though nothing’s confirmed at this point.
1. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
Sammy never gonna learn.
6. Tizen007 (Posts: 516; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Well what are you willing to teach them Jake?
2. Busyboy (Posts: 345; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
Too bad it's never going to get an update again..
4. Ninetysix (Posts: 1659; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Phew..I thought Samsung's going to miss their weekly Galaxy releases. Thank you for releasing another Galaxy phone this week!
9. AlikMalix (Posts: 685; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
Exactly what I was thinking... which one do I buy? This one? Oh man, a week later it's the old model now...
5. GreekGeek (Posts: 843; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
2010 specs for $120 yaaay!
Quite a bargain.....if it was 2010
7. PorkyBurger (Posts: 234; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Wow. I was just saving money for a dumbed-down Galaxy Core Plus. Samsung is reading my mind! Amazing! No other OEM could do that.
8. gehrig (Posts: 180; Member since: 17 Apr 2014)
Oh Samsung. releasing the same phone with a minute upgrade a few months after the original version. REALLY?!!!!? They're the reason why the smartphone market is barely growing. They're saturating the market with practically a phone a week, and they're messing up the galaxy brand by making cheap phones. They should just rerelease the old flagships like apple does.
10. AlikMalix (Posts: 685; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
Well, what would you with the returned phones? Sell them as referbs, or deceive your loyal and tell them it's a new cheaper model? If I was in it to make money - I'll choose the lie...
11. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
Sammy actually has been doing this sort and got caught last year.
12. iushnt (Posts: 666; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
Ohh jake, you opened everyone's eyes..now everyone should hate samsung. .haha
14. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
1. Cheating with "hand calibrated" monitors :
2. Cheating customers with used parts :
ranslate?sl=ko&tl=en&js=y&prev =_t&hl=ko&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.etnews.co m%2F201310140618&edit-text=
Tow cases Sammy was *forced* to admit/apologize *only* because they got caught upon cheating customers.
That's Sammy, gentlemen.
15. AlikMalix (Posts: 685; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
JakeLee, I was actually kidding... There's no reason to hate Samsung for this - business is business, every company is out there to make as much money as possible, plus it's not like they're charging premium for this model (not the one's Jake linked to). But I appreciate the supporting proof...
16. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
I don't agree. Nothing can be called business when the vendor cheats on customers.
I really wonder where the returned Sammy phones go.
They just vanish, and Sammy doesn't mention a thing about this.
20. iushnt (Posts: 666; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
Jake, you don't need to prove, we all started to hate samsung. If you hate any other company as well then tell us.. We'll hate them as well..You are the most credible person. There are million companies in World, its so sad that only sammy is bad..They deserve hatred
18. darkkjedii (Posts: 11911; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
No, only Apple wants to make as much as possible. Samsung isn't greedy, they're our friend, they give us free phones and checks for being loyal.
17. darkkjedii (Posts: 11911; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Another day another galaxy, and we wonder why the s5 isn't selling. You've watered down the brand Samsung. Only notes, and the S series should be galaxy's.
21. iushnt (Posts: 666; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
Agree dark, older note and s series could be the midrangers
26. h27_Venom (Posts: 20; Member since: 16 May 2014)
sammy's answer to moto e...
but moto e will still be better in performance as it stock android compared to crappy bloated touchwiz...
and xiaomi redmi 1s is also avaliable for the same price with better specs...and better performance
27. Cicero (Posts: 404; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
I'm a Samsung fan. But they have to learn from Sony at the low and medium phones. How much it cost another 512kB of memory? On 2014 it should be no less than 1MB memory. And produce 2 or 3 models in that range.
29. Amosthecoolboy (Posts: 7; Member since: 14 Feb 2013)
sometimes samsung had to choose phone type not user types. but this time you showed 512mb along with 1.2ghz dual, is not a quite good match. S Duos 2 configuration is better than this phone
30. alumoyo (Posts: 212; Member since: 26 Aug 2013)
July almost over - looks like that new samsung design language is NOT gonna happen this year.