Samsung Galaxy S7 vs Apple iPhone 6s: quick camera comparison
1. devsabhi44 (Posts: 9; Member since: 31 May 2015)
I am unable to vote. This has happened to me many times.
39. combatmedic870 (Posts: 631; Member since: 02 Sep 2015)
Where have you seen that stated? I'm not doubting. I just haven't been able to find that.
41. Awalker (Posts: 1506; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
63. combatmedic870 (Posts: 631; Member since: 02 Sep 2015)
Thanks for the info! I eventually found it on ars. Nowhere to be found on here. I watched the announcement and they said nothing. I'm glad they didn't remove that!
48. rd_nest (Posts: 1593; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
69. mmmanuuu (Posts: 400; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
The guy seems to be happy when he was clicked using the s7
3. Jimrod (Posts: 1380; Member since: 22 Sep 2014)
I'd be interested to know what the actual lighting was like in the scenes since both phones offer very different tints - Galaxy S7 = Warm, iPhone 6S = Cool. It depends which is closer to reality which is better really...
9. Zapp_B (Posts: 31; Member since: 02 Jun 2014)
S7 looks too warm. I have the same experience with S6, whites always look yellow
17. Jimrod (Posts: 1380; Member since: 22 Sep 2014)
Yeah, that's kinda what I think - I had a Sony Nex 5 camera and while I wasn't completely happy with it what you saw on the screen was pretty much what you got, now I've got a "better" Nikon D5100 I find it makes everything look warmer (more appealing maybe, but not accurate) and brightens dark scenes to look like daylight whenever it can and is really hard to override. If I'm taking a pic at night I want detail but not to look like daylight!
34. wildfiregt (Posts: 167; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
These are software related and you can tweak it back to cooler if you want and vice versa
30. THEGUGU (Posts: 7; Member since: 25 Aug 2014)
In a place where an gadget exposition is happening, the lightning will usually be very bright and warm.
33. bodzio1809 (Posts: 356; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
I read in polish site that is was warm light conditions and S7 got much better colors than S6.
45. joeytaylor (Posts: 445; Member since: 28 Feb 2015)
Yeah....there isn't any way the lighting is blue
4. gamerRO25 (Posts: 12; Member since: 09 Oct 2015)
Looks good for my next phone
It would be nice to hear from the one who took the pics what were the real colours like.. warm like S7 or cold like i6s
6. NonFanBoy (Posts: 160; Member since: 28 May 2015)
The iPhone pics are too cold while the S7 pics are too warm. S7 wins though obviously with better details and more light.
7. wando77 (Posts: 843; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
Do you seriously think there will be a comparison between the two? The s6 had a better camera than the iPhone 6s in ALL areas and the s7 has a better camera than the s6..... it isn't rocket science
21. VVayne (Posts: 90; Member since: 01 Oct 2015)
All areas except exposure. There is one thing the iPhone does right, despite more noise, less detail, and yes, it's the exposure in auto mode. I had Lumia 930, LG G4, and for a short time the S6 Edge, but iPhone won for me every time.
23. wando77 (Posts: 843; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
Not according to everyone else and dxo Mark who test for a living...... but you must be right
46. VVayne (Posts: 90; Member since: 01 Oct 2015)
Yes, DxO Mark also claims that Xperia Z5 is the best mobile phone camera ever. Well yes, it is, if you don't need fine details and correctly exposed pictures.
Let's see what my statement is all about;
DxO Mark Mobile
Xperia Z5: Exposure and contrast 87
iPhone 6S Plus: Exposure and contrast 90
Note 5: Exposure and contrast 90
S6 Edge: Exposure and contrast 90
Nexus 6P: Exposure and contrast 88
While iPhone is on par with Samsungs, it preserves the highlights, so they are not blown out, keeps the image a bit darker, but with excellent dynamic range, and more "mood". Other phones, expecially Samsung ones tend to capture more light, but end with brigther image, which is kinda cute, and pretty to look at, but it does not really correspond with the reality. Try to capture a sunset with both cameras.
Of course I'm right, I used the phones, I'm not making this up.
8. Topcat488 (Posts: 1396; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
IDK which is 1 or 2, but the S7 beats the iPhone picture in all the shots to me. O.o
11. darkkjedii (Posts: 21367; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
S7 should when, as it has the newer camera.
32. h4ck3d (Posts: 10; Member since: 22 Apr 2013)
But the S6 camera was already better than the 6s...
52. joeytaylor (Posts: 445; Member since: 28 Feb 2015)
Whats your overall thoughts Dark.....you still eyeing the Note6
54. darkkjedii (Posts: 21367; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I like what Samsung has done with the s7, other than I wish the internal storage was 64 gigs, and it had an ir blaster. They're very beautiful, and a nice (s) type jump over the s6.
Due to a very important goal I have, I'm skipping the iPhone 7 Plus, and Note 6. I'll pick up, the N7, and 7S Plus in 2017.
Great overall devices, these 2 are.
55. joeytaylor (Posts: 445; Member since: 28 Feb 2015)
I think with the sd card and the way marshmallow will use isn't bad...i have the ir blaster on my S5...used it once and never since.....but everything does look great....and good luck to your goal
56. darkkjedii (Posts: 21367; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Thanx bro. I loved the ir blaster, cause Directv remotes suck after a while. That was the one thing I regretted when I sold my S6 edge, and bought the galaxy note 5.
57. joeytaylor (Posts: 445; Member since: 28 Feb 2015)
I'm curious about the vulkon api....how that will play out
58. darkkjedii (Posts: 21367; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Here u go bro. Looks like some great gaming experiences are on the way to android.
62. darkkjedii (Posts: 21367; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I'm curious as to what Apple will do with its new flagship, and Samsung with the Note 5. If I had say, an S6 Edge plus, I wouldn't sell it for the S7 Edge. I think next year Samsung is gonna make some serious noise, and so is Apple this year, and continue being the top dawgs.
12. cripton805 (Posts: 1440; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
The 6S pictures are really cold. Regardless, the warm pictures look better and vibrant. The others look dull.
18. jeroome86 (Posts: 1137; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Wonder why they going after IPhone 6s Plus so much? Thought most considered iPhone didn't quite bring it with the 6s line. But can clearly see S7 is the better low light performer.
19. teknas18 (Posts: 8; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
You can't tell coz major issue is lighting and Angle from which each photo taken are different... and both impact is lot on photo!
So you don't compare n give verdict on that at all... Its injustice to those both!
22. noler (Posts: 323; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
What does it matter, he is bald on both images.
24. Pawke (Posts: 3; Member since: 21 Feb 2016)
But just why is 4:3 12MP, couldn't it be 16:9, hate that thing... 9MP only at 16:9
47. Nopers (Posts: 243; Member since: 01 Jun 2015)
Because 4:3 is for photos and 16:9 is for videos.
61. Pawke (Posts: 3; Member since: 21 Feb 2016)
But haven't they got 16MP 16:9 on S6? And all devices are 16:9, its nice to have picture in full screen, but still thats my opinion.
71. Clars123 (Posts: 732; Member since: 16 Mar 2015)
I'm quite sure there are 16:9 options in the settings..we'll have to wait and see. Although I'm not a fan of the 16:9 ratio I'm glad Samsung decided to sacrifice 4 megapixels for a larger sensor, larger pixel size, and a smaller hump. Plus it'll take it easy on the phones memory capacity.
25. teknas18 (Posts: 8; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Coz from these two result i still like my Gionee ELIFE E7 photos and video shoot which gives me 4K from last 3 years from tht Snapdragon 800 processor ! its just these companies policies not to give total value return to customer wht they are paying! just imagine 3yrs back 4K recording is available! But all those so call Branded Companies not give advantage to customers of 800 snapdragon processor!
What you are going to call theses companies now !!
26. thegeneral7010 (Posts: 401; Member since: 10 Dec 2014)
the major problem of samsung is that every time they compare themselves to apple in the intro of every new product and then guess wat apple makes better sales because of better software updates policy. although as i see here in camera comparison ths s7 is years better than iphone 6s.
28. Jason2k13 (Posts: 1214; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
People buy apple because it's apple, do you seriously think apple owners are all geeks and knows all about Samsung and apple update policy?
42. j2001m (Posts: 2943; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
They buy Apple iPhones because it's Apple and that it in most cases
27. Baracus (Posts: 223; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
Even with my admitted bias for the S7 it was almost literally night and day how much better it was than the iPhone.
29. joevsyou (Posts: 813; Member since: 28 Feb 2015)
that crappy gray tint the iphone puts on EVERYTHING is horrible
35. kefalin (Posts: 249; Member since: 08 Feb 2015)
I got to admit that S7 has too warm pictures,while 6s bit colder. You can see it perfectly on second picture when comparing white wall behind
43. j2001m (Posts: 2943; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
It's being reported it was a warm setup to start with
38. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
why is he sad on iphone 6s photo........and happy on galaxy s7 photo? LOL
40. Trex95 (Posts: 905; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
iPhone 6s has way better white balance and better daynimc range as always, S7 same as S6, S6 edge and note 5 yellowish worm white balance.
44. DRS1977 (Posts: 431; Member since: 27 May 2015)
You must be blind. The GS7 clearly has better dynamic range, contrast, focus, and clarity. The GS7 muders the 6s in all categories just like the GS6.
49. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 10115; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Haha. 12MP done right.
The iPhone is just an overpriced midrange piece of junk.
The starts at a cheaper price, yet again comes with more and does more.
I can wait for the camera shot put.
Apple increases the camera size, and it takes worse pictures that the previous model. Samsung decreases camera size and the camera takes as good a phone as the previous model.
The S again makes the iPhone look like what it is...it's a toy.
Samsung needs to capitalize on the fact iPhone sales are dropping. They got a 1 - 2 punch with the S7+Gear VR. Need the knockout punch.
Can't wait to see what is the hybrid SD card slot
73. Shocky (unregistered)
The camera on the Galaxy S7 is looking very good indeed.