Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom will be called the Samsung Galaxy K; phone will be unveiled on April 29th
On the invite, it says "Kapture the moment," which sounds like something a camera would do. And of course, the use of the letter "K" obviously has some meaning (unless Sammy's ad team has gone daft). There is also a giant "K" on the invitation, which appears to have a phone inside the image of the letter.
It all adds up to an introduction of the Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom, which apparently will be called the Samsung Galaxy K. The phone will have a 4.8 inch Super AMOLED screen with a 720 x 1280 resolution. Under the hood is a six-core Samsung Exynos 5 Hecta SoC. The Mali-T624 GPU handles graphics and 2GB of RAM is included. The 20MP rear-facing snapper has 10x optical zoom and a Xenon flash, an upgrade over the 16MP camera on the Samsung Galaxy S5. The front-facing camera is 2MP and Android 4.4.2 is installed out of the box.
Information like a precise launch date and pricing, will have to wait for April 29th when Samsung takes the wrapping off of its new camera-centric handset.
9. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7298; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Mark the calendar because a great phone is being announced.
12. CoastCity (Posts: 71; Member since: 07 Mar 2014)
Hecto or hecta is a unit prefix in the metric system denoting a factor of one hundred.
It's Exacore from the Greek έξι, ('eksi) six
20. Aploine (Posts: 124; Member since: 24 Oct 2013)
@12 After 1975 Exa is used for trillion. Imagine a trillion cores lol.
Better than Nvidia's Tegra K1 192-Core processor...
Anyway, Hecto is left for the 100 and Hecta now is used to say x6.
14. DEATHSTROKE9 (Posts: 371; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
A great phone is the Xperia Z2. The best camera phone. It has beaten the 808. It has everything ranging from stereo speakers to 4K video capture.
16. Doakie (Posts: 1093; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Wait. The Z2 has that good of a camera? Where have you seen these camera reviews?
23. DEATHSTROKE9 (Posts: 371; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
25. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7298; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Z1 is ranked third and we all know how it was a hit or miss. Buckets of salt are to be taken.
26. sergiobr (Posts: 385; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
LOL You have no idea of photo, do you ???? 808 is a monster ! I´ve one and DxOMark is not an authorithy in photos anymore, read from pros ...http://www.dpreview.com ..."DXO lost their credibility"http://www.dpreview.com/news/2
014/04/08/dxomark-mobile-report-sony-xperia-z2-takes-top-spot?utm_campaign=internal-link&utm_source=news-list&utm_medium=text&ref=titleSony Z2 has a lot of bugs to correct (just google it), photos are overexposed etc. . If you want to justify your money that´s ok ! _0_23.
18. emadshiny (Posts: 1127; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Its better to say a camera is going to be announced and I doubt whether it would be great or not.
2. nlbates66 (Posts: 277; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
that's... silly... they already called a Device the Galaxy K, it was a Galaxy S variant (the first one) for an exclusive Korean telecom company I believe...
5. draconic1991 (Posts: 117; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Its hecta now which is even weirder cos hecta is a factor of hundred..
11. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3865; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
PA needs to get their metric prefixes straight.
15. neops (Posts: 155; Member since: 28 Jan 2014)
Hecto or hecta is a verbal reformation of the greek
εκατό ℏekat'o = 100
The funny thing is that Hecto - ℏ'ekto - έκτο is the sixth
17. Aploine (Posts: 124; Member since: 24 Oct 2013)
Maybe you're right but Hecta now is used to say x6
19. Beijendorf (Posts: 277; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
No, that's "hexa". It goes mono, di, tri, quad/tetra, penta, hexa, hepta, octa, nona, deca. Learn your ancient Greek.
22. Aploine (Posts: 124; Member since: 24 Oct 2013)
Quad and nona is from latin see herehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L
After 1975 Exa is used for trillion, Hecto is left for the 100 and Hecta now is used to say x6, maybe because Exa and Hexa sounds almost the same.
I'll go Greece this summer, so I'll study by close :)
(if the summer let me...)
24. Beijendorf (Posts: 277; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
I stand corrected. The Romans always confuses me since they often spoke Greek as a means of sounding more sophisticated.
The word "hecta" isn't on that list though, so I'll stand by my "hexa" statement.
7. jexxx (Posts: 48; Member since: 23 Feb 2014)
Maybe samsung will surprise us with a premium phone! Yes, the ad sounds like a camera centric phone, but the decision to launch it in a museum, is a little odd? And why would they name it galaxy K instead of the s5 zoom?
Remember the galaxy J? Yes, K is after the alphabet J. Just saying! Waiting for 29/4.
13. Tizen007 (Posts: 488; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Don't know why but i'm soo excited about this one.
Maybe just maybe it could have a metal build looking at the metallic design of the letter K in the ad.
21. DarkRadeonFX (Posts: 14; Member since: 29 Mar 2014)
And again will be killed by the next gen Lumia 1020.....