Further proof for upcoming rugged Galaxy S5 Active and an S5 Zoom cameraphone appears
1. tiara6918 (Posts: 1922; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
The galaxy s series is getting ruined because of these lame variations
5. tech2 (Posts: 3011; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Only in haters' mind, not in real life.
GS4, inspite of its variations has the highest sales figure of any android phone EVER ! They won't ruin a successful strategy just because someone on the internet finds it 'lame'.
7. ScottSchneider (Posts: 324; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
Sorry... Couldnt give u more than +1...
Sitting at home and thinking that the Galaxy series is ruined because of these variations is useless... A Galaxy does contain lots of stars"...
8. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
I'm pretty sure S4 mini, S4 active and S4 zoom, is not as successful as S4 in the market.
13. tech2 (Posts: 3011; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
1. How do you know that ? Any proof ?
2. Of course, they won't be as successful as its flagship counter part, duh !
3. Tiara's comment was directed to 'Galaxy S' series in general and so was my reply. Learn to read better, dude !
10. tiara6918 (Posts: 1922; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I didn't mean that the s4 was lame but the variations are cannibalizing and destroying the image of their flagship product. There was not much point releasing an s4 zoom, when there's already a galaxy camera in the market despite the slight differences in their price range. As for the s4 active, I can't really say much about it but I do know that it wasn't the best out there especially when I watched a tech program on tv where they submerged the s4 active and water still got inside despite double checking if everything was tightly sealed on the phone.
16. SonyPS4 (Posts: 308; Member since: 21 May 2013)
S4 Active is good one because it maintain most of S4 spec except for screen. S4 Zoom is the real disaster.
25. reckless562 (banned) (Posts: 1153; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
they had to start somewhere.....Lmao!! i know it not an excuse, but its THEir excuse, lol. its embarassing like the Denver Broncos on sunday. in american football if u didnt see the game :)
17. rency0722 (Posts: 120; Member since: 12 Jun 2013)
And the "5" in the superscript is the number of variations to be unveiled. Haha. 5 Galaxy S5s in one event.
21. donfem (Posts: 574; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
The so called "ruin" still has not affected the sales has it?
23. Gdrye (Posts: 110; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
I have the galaxy s 4 zoom and I like it a lot actually. I love to have choices. I wouldn't buy the s4 but now I have the best in both worlds. Why is that an issue?
2. PorkyBurger (Posts: 458; Member since: 18 May 2013)
What. You are doing it again, Samsung? I am absolutely OK with Advance, but not the Zoom...didn't you learn previous time?
4. bakarock (Posts: 53; Member since: 29 Aug 2013)
samsung needs new DESIGN, new material & NEW TOUCHWIZ.
6. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 498; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
Samsung will make more of this variants. Why? Because majority of the people are fascinated on Samsung's gimmicks and advertising. That's how gullible social climbers and status seekers are.
26. reckless562 (banned) (Posts: 1153; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
Haaaatteeerrrr!! lols buuutt... you can still Root All of them :)
9. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1829; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Just make the all the Galaxy phone water proof... This will make everyone's decision easier...
27. reckless562 (banned) (Posts: 1153; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
tell me about it. one of the main reasons i consider sonys Z1 phone supeior in daily driver-ness. Z1 has almost no comprimises
11. shuaibhere (Posts: 1927; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Samsung pls stop the ZOOM thing unless you have something big planned for it....s4 ZOOM serves no purpose....anyone will by Lumia 1020 over it...
14. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1829; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
I agree with your take on Samsung is putting out a bit too much devices. But some people rather stick with Android. I'm sticking with Android until Window to be more mature a bit more on the app department, then I'll check them out more :D
15. shuaibhere (Posts: 1927; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
I'm not against variants..but they serve some purpose...Zoom serves no purpose....It's good for nothing....
This is Happy samsung user for last 3 years...
18. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1829; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
I wouldn't say it's completely useless. It has higher mp and better optical zoom. But it is bulky and packed with small battery for a camera/phone. I wouldn't be able to walk around all day on a vacation taking pictures with 2330 mAh battery. But I think Samsung put out Zoom just to see if there is a market for it, since they do have the money to test out the market. Just like the Curve they put out.
24. Gdrye (Posts: 110; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
It serves no purpose to you. But to me it serves plenty purpose taking flawless photos at the auto shows I attend. This is where people like u need to realize that you are not the only person in this world. In NO WAY I would ever want a Nokia windows phone so what it's 41 mp camera. It's still a fixed focal lens. Being able to have 10x optical zoom is important to me. How about we do a zoom test on both then after the Nokia loses how about u shut ur bias mouth and buy the phone u want and let us niche customers have what we want...thank u
29. reckless562 (banned) (Posts: 1153; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
woah....easy buddy!! but plus 1 for gettin what im sayin. but let me ask u. there is a point where high MP and sensor size can outpase a smaller MP coun & sensor size even though it has zoom , right? i mean, theres a point right?
idk if the 1020 supasses the s4 zooms optical zoom, but thats how one would decide this right?
22. donfem (Posts: 574; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
The variants are NOT meant for the same persons are they? Varieties target a variety of people. This explains the variants. Pick whicever one suits your needs or go for something else. Period.
28. reckless562 (banned) (Posts: 1153; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
true so u get a plus 1, but what if the user wants optical zoom over digital? im just sayin. idk if it matters in the case of the 2 devices, but a more learned camera person could probably have a reason for the prefrence if theres a big discrepancy in the 1020 over the zoom, and still favor the zoom "because its optical," even though they know its not actually better. idk if it is or not, im just sayin.
20. hurrycanger (Posts: 1504; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
I hope Samsung makes the S5 Active as good looking as the Galaxy Camera. I really liked the idea of the S4 Zoom - a nice combination of a real point and shoot camera and a phone, but the design was too ugly. The Galaxy Camera was good looking, but too bad it wasn't a phone.