Samsung Galaxy S III wins EISA's Best Mobile Phone 2012-2013 award
The other handset which has taken part in this gala-ceremony is the HTC One S. HTC's device has won the European Social Media Phone 2012-2013 award. Among the key features that have impressed the jury are the 'micro arc oxidation' technology used to treat the aluminum casing of the phone, AMOLED screen and 8MP camera.
Nokia's PureView Pro technology introduced with the 808 PureView was also recognized as the European Mobile Photo Achievement 2012-2013. A well-deserved award, we would say.
Do you, guys and gals, agree with these awards? Would you put some other handset/technology instead of those chosen by EISA?
source: EISA via SamMobile
1. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4583; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Wow is that a real surprise or what? Of course it was going to win, it's the best & most powerful phone out since it's release. It's a stunning looking phone in person, the screen is vibrant, & the performance it has with ICS is top notch. What else can you ask for?
Just wait until Jelly Bean hits it officially, it will be like a new phone. 100 times better than ICS.
Congrats to Samsung & Android.
2. groupsacc (Posts: 232; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
Yep. Well deserved; Samsung, HTC, and Nokia.
9. sprockkets (Posts: 1527; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
"What else can you ask for?"
No TouchWiz :)
13. frydaexiii (Posts: 1319; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Actually, the only problem I have with touchwiz now is the stock launcher, which can be easily changed, and the toggles in the notifications aren't customizable. Other than that, all those extra features are pretty good.
22. andro. (Posts: 1986; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Agreed,the beauty of Android though is the free ability to change the launcher to that of your choice. Im using nova launcher on my galaxy tab for instance!
18. metoyou (Posts: 279; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
This is another reason icrap wanna sue Samsung and Android !
19. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4583; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I know what you mean. lol
Sorry for the thumb down. I meant to give you a thumb up. I did it too fast. Sorry :-(
25. The_Godfather (Posts: 184; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Now "rotten Apple" would sue EISA for this lolzzzzzzzzzzz
30. stephine (Posts: 1; Member since: 20 Mar 2015)
Usually I do not read article on blogs, however I wish to say that this write-up very compelled me to take a look at and do so! Your writing taste has been amazed me. Thank you, very great article.
4. sithman (banned) (Posts: 299; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Hey what about my og Motorola flip phone lol. That piece of crap actually still powers up.
5. kunyuk (Posts: 56; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
yup, samsung is powerful phone but how about the build quality of sgs3?
6. ivanko34 (Posts: 617; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
They didn't wait after the New iPhone 4s ?
10. sprockkets (Posts: 1527; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
"All products to be awarded - with the exception of those awarded in Innovation and Design categories - must have been available for detailed test evaluation for the magazines in each Panel concerned. Latest and brand new products will only be accepted if they have been available for detailed testing before June 1st (latest delay) by at least 5 member magazines of the Panel concerned.
In addition, awarded products must also be for sale to the general public no later than October 1st in the year of the Awards in at least 10 European countries. Awarded products sold on ‘pre-ordering’ base must be delivered to the customer within 2 weeks after ordering, at the latest at October 14th. ‘Pre-ordering’ base is only liable to products with a price-tag of at least € 5.000."
12. wassup (Posts: 565; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
cos they know it's not gonna be anything that deserves an award.
7. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 390; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
Xperia P also won the Green Smartphone Award of the year. PhoneArena why are you being so bloody biased?
24. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Bias or oversight not sure but one can expect such things :)
26. E.N. (Posts: 2522; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Dude, that's what I'm saying. It's freaking August
14. ObjectivismFTW (Posts: 211; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
Another acknowledgement of the meticulous work and persevering sense of quality that Samsung puts into all their devices.
Congrats Sammy ! You earned this one !
15. mas11 (Posts: 1033; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
A well deserved victory. Imo it's the phone of the year.
16. matrix_neo (Posts: 327; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Congrats samsung and htc and to android as well. It's not only dominating market shares but also awards and recognition. Keep up the good work. Hmmm someone is jealous?!
17. Penny (Posts: 1383; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Wouldn't it make more sense to award a phone at the end of the year, and only title it "2012?" I mean, we have no idea what's in store for 2013.
23. poojaroy (Posts: 52; Member since: 29 Apr 2012)
b coz every year its done like this like last year it was 2011 to 2012
20. OSFantasma (Posts: 119; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
there are other awards for that but i can agree, ergo thumbs up..
21. Jay_F (Posts: 236; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
2013? Why not the single year of 2012? To say that it's going to be the best phone of 2013 can be a longshot considering how fast technology develops in addition to how fast OEMs spit out new flagship phones. I definitely agree with the 2012 though.
27. andrwroepke (Posts: 9; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
I have always had apple products and i was up for an upgrade and i wanted to try something different. I upgraded to the galaxy III. Lets just say i had so many problems that i returned the phone. The phone kept dropping calls and rebooting for no reason. The interface is fast buy very glitchy. The case cover from Samsung started to come apart after on week. I traded for an iphone 4 and had no issues. Samsung needs to polish their product before releasing them. I got the latest and greatest Samsung phone and it still doesn't compete with a two year old design.
28. Savage (unregistered)
Cry all you want, GS3 already won.
Best of luck, next year to the new iPhone.
29. TMach (Posts: 408; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Also won the Worst build quality for a top end phone as well as that for the worst customer service. As for those cracks......................................!