Samsung Galaxy Note 4 price and release date revealed: coming October 10th for same cost as Note 3
What about the Galaxy Note 4 release date in the United States? The phablet is expected to arrive on all four major carriers, but the release date might differ from the European release date.
With all this in mind, let’s recap the specs of the Galaxy Note 4: it’s got a 5.7-inch 1440 x 2560-pixel (Quad HD) display, runs on Android 4.4 KitKat, and is one of the first devices to feature the Snapdragon 805 system chip running at up to 2.7GHz. It’s also got a 16-megapixel main camera. A welcome change from earlier Samsung devices, the Note 4 no longer uses plastic only - it’s now got a fully metal frame that gives it a much more premium feel.
source: Galaxy Club (translated)
18. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5729; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Given analogies to Note 3, I suspect U.S. roll-out will start around 3rd week in October and go to first week in November. VZW will be last to release the 4. :-(
7. doejon (Posts: 346; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
iphone 6 will be more expensive and does nothing special
and dont forget the phablet of apple lol that will cost even more
9. eggimage (Posts: 55; Member since: 19 Jan 2012)
So, what's "special", according to your logic
13. The-Sailor-Man (Posts: 832; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Note is SPECIAL
I will start with THE NEWEST most expensive display tech.
And will continue if you want.
16. pulkit1 (Posts: 233; Member since: 03 Jul 2014)
maybe we will have this conversation on 9th.
12. Pattyface (Posts: 177; Member since: 20 Aug 2014)
So does that mean it's not too expensive?
19. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5729; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
iToys seem to be experiencing production issues. The only iToy that appears to be ready to meet a late September ship date is the non-XL edition iPhone.
No wonder Apple's share price dropped. Nothing like trading on inside information.
36. MartyK (Posts: 711; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
Dang dam near a $1,000.00 for a cell phone???
These company is getting ridiculous on the price, in less then 10 months, they will have another newer model...wow!
4. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1827; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
$299 on contract, with Samsung gear S included, or nah?
15. The-Sailor-Man (Posts: 832; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
With iPhone 6 included (instead of Easy Mode)
6. lpratas (Posts: 98; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
Only that we in Europe, we go to get the Exynos variant, which it's more powerful than Qualcomm variant, despite this variant have LTE-A at 300mbps. Remember that the Exynos version has a 64 bit chipset wit 4 core Arm Cortex A57 at 1.9GHz and has teorically, a more powerful gpu with 16 core and problably with 326 Gigaflops.
8. SemperFiV12 (Posts: 748; Member since: 09 Nov 2010)
LOL at those prices... I don't get why Sammy can't get aggressive with their pricing. I guess they don't need to. Samsung fans are becoming as stubborn and blind as Apple fans.
Don't get me wrong, I am not comparing the two in capability... But most of Samsung's tech is IN HOUSE and therefore, they are not paying to too many other companies - this enables them to command a lower price. BUT WOW... GL getting this puppy off contract.
10. wilsong17 (Posts: 873; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
If you can't afford one don't complaint buy you sell a 40 dollar Chinese android
22. pulkit1 (Posts: 233; Member since: 03 Jul 2014)
no need to bash him for raising a valid point . But we have to understand the price of phone = actual manufacturing cost + RND+ marketing + side costs . This is why young Chinese companies are able to sell flagship phones at such a low cost ( opo has done almost 0 payed marketing ).
25. Ashoaib (Posts: 1915; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
when there was an article on PA about S5's manufacturing cost, it was the most expensive among all flagships.... what do you think of Super Amoled? why others dont use it? although everyone is free to purchase from samsung displays... why they opt for LCDs only?
only reason is SAmoleds are expensive and LCDs are cheap... this is the reason note 4 is expensive... Samsung's per unit cost is higher than all others despite samsung has most in house tech
26. Ashoaib (Posts: 1915; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
another reason is, samsung leave final retail price on cariers and retailers... it is upto them how to make final retail price
33. medtxa (Posts: 184; Member since: 02 Jun 2014)
sony, htc are worse. so wich phone fanboy you are?
11. twens (Posts: 610; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
You are indeed getting a lot of phone for that price so I don't care much. What I wouldn't spend too much money on is a 4.7" screen with a 64bit chip and 2 ram. On top of it all a lock down OS and I'll have to wait almost a year for the jailbreak committee to release a jailbreak tool. No no no, I won't do that any more.
27. Ashoaib (Posts: 1915; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
this is the thing which everyone has to understand
30. KingDingaLing (Posts: 190; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
Search Note 4 on AT&T website. There's a notification email you can sign up for. Although, you'll probably know just as fast from PA.
20. Astoni (Posts: 494; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Yea cause €799 is the same as $799.. i hate this kind of priceing...
€799 is $1040 atm, not even f*cking close.. and to top that, we pay 33% more for everything thanks to tax in sweden. the phone is going to cost around $1117 here.. yay
29. Ashoaib (Posts: 1915; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
there is no tax what so ever on my side but still the price at launch is around $850... just bcoz all dealers and retailers have their monoply
21. DnB925Art (Posts: 209; Member since: 23 May 2013)
I probably wouldn't buy it on release data anyways. I like waiting for the Christmas shopping season because most of the stores drop the prices of the phone during Christmas. I bought my Note 2 during Christmas season 2 years ago and it came out to $99 (subsidized) when it normally sold for $299 subsidized. Hopefully I get something similar this Christmas season.
24. leroy98 (Posts: 8; Member since: 29 Jun 2014)
Welcome to The Netherlands!
Where prices are overpriced!
An example. T-Mobile : 10 GB + unlimited texting and calling for €70 per month and you still need to pay €68 for the phone.
28. hellonerds (Posts: 215; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
I bought my tmobile note 3 for 750$ plus taxes = 810$ .. thinking of selling my note 3..
32. B-power (Posts: 46; Member since: 22 Feb 2014)
I'm so tired of the prices in the Netherlands.
34. james1 (Posts: 78; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
LG G3 is $599 off contract, why is the note 4 $200 more when there is not much diffrent...
35. zpaul2fresh8 (Posts: 8; Member since: 27 Mar 2013)
5.7" QHD Super AMOLED screen is one reason. Another is the S-Pen and let's not forget the newer 805 Qualcomm SoC instead of the old and lower spec'd 801 which comes on the LG3...Other's may include the extra sensors included in the Note (Fingerprint, heartbeat, UV, humidity etc...)
I'd estimate the Price to be $749. The money is burning a hole in my pocket already xD