Samsung Galaxy J is the love child of the Samsung Galaxy S4 and Samsung Galaxy Note 3
The Samsung Galaxy J is supposedly coming to market in three colors, Coral Pink, Satin White, and Lapis Blue. The 5 inch Super AMOLED screen offers 1080 x 1920 FHD resolution. A quad-core 2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 is driving the model and 3GB of RAM is on board. There will be 32GB of native storage on the device which is powered by a 2600mAh battery. A 13MP rear snapper is included as is a television tuner which lets you change channels from your phone. The Samsung Galaxy J might have the 5 inch screen used on the Galaxy S4, but it does employ the rounded corners seen on the Galaxy Note 3. That combination has given the device the "mini phablet" nickname.
A published report out of France confirms that the Samsung Galaxy J is for real and is water and dust proof. In fact, it will offer the rugged features available on the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active. The phone also provides you with 4G, LTE connectivity.
The Samsung Galaxy J Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Leaked screenshots reveal a possible upcoming huge Android redesign
14 Apr 2014, 03:50
Alleged Apple iPhone 6 front panel leaks, corroborates 4.7-inch display size
15 Apr 2014, 05:39
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
12 Feb 2014, 08:58
The Samsung Galaxy J
source: Pocketlint, nowherelse.fr (translated)
44. laheelahee (Posts: 213; Member since: 09 Apr 2012)
not really interested, b/c its only for Japan...
now where's my note3 in pink in the USA??? why cant you just release all the colors at the same time? if you hadnt showcased it, i would've ordered the white one already -_-
2. Ninetysix (Posts: 1072; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Hi my name is Samsung and I release a new phone every week.
39. volcano321 (Posts: 20; Member since: 08 Aug 2013)
If it has a stylus, I'd be all over it. I want the s-pen but not a 5.7" phone. Best of both worlds.
3. MachDaddy (Posts: 33; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
how phones can they come up with preceded by the word "Galaxy"? They've gotten completely carried away.
6. Commentator (Posts: 2183; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
...with how successful they've been...
34. ngo2dd (Posts: 773; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
If you don't know that answer then you are stupider then I think you are.
32. tiara6918 (Posts: 1242; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
What I meant was the target market and the form of the product itself. This may sound silly but both of them have the letter j, feature a 5" display, offered under DoCoMo. Offered in many different colors like the latter. These types of phones are mostly based on the carrier. I don't expect the galaxy j to ship worldwide but in Japan only
7. GeekyGene (Posts: 87; Member since: 25 Aug 2013)
A mini phablet? So between a Smartphone and a Phablet, which is between a Smartphone and a tablet... yeah what everyone has been asking for.
22. jan25 (Posts: 370; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
it's 5 incher too, so it's exactly the size of today's flagships. if anything, it's an S4 Plus.
10. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5483; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
a 5.3" display with minimal bezels would've been more appropriate...
15. 14545 (Posts: 985; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Why, then it would be a note. I wish it had a 4.5-4.7 inch screen and available in the US. If it were, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.
19. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5483; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
right now it's an S4. the Note in it's current iteration is 5.7". 5.3" is the sweet spot in between the two accurately defining a current day "mini phablet".
29. 14545 (Posts: 985; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
I get what you are saying, but I don't like 5 inch phones, much less 5.x inch phones. I have a 5 inch phone because I didn't want crappy specs, but I would buy this @ 5 inches anyday. That's the only feature my phone doesn't have that i would like for it too.
14. 0kax0el0 (Posts: 19; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)
Now this is gettin pretty messy. The original Note was a phablet with a 5.3" screen, the LG G2 is a phone with a 5.2" screen, the Galaxy S4 is a phone with a 5" screen, the Galaxy J is a mini phablet with a 5" screen, the Galaxy S4 mini is a "mini phone" with a 4.3" screen... I suppose the "s" in iPhone5s stands for "smurf phone". And next week samsung will announce the Galaxy J mini a "dwarf phablet" with a 4.3" screen.
Well, now serilously, two years ago when the first Note came out, it was really a device of its own league, 4 or 4.2 was the standar size for flagships with "big" displays, so "phablet" made sense... more or less... at the time. Today is just annoying, specialy "mini phablet". We have phones which can make voice calls through cellular networks and tablets that don't, that´s it
18. procopiojose (Posts: 132; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
samsung galaxy japan... oh i see..
samsung galaxy somalia...
20. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2964; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Samsung "Galaxy 'J'ealousy".
Talk about diluting brand image...
23. joey_sfb (Posts: 1973; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
No, Samsung is just showing off the manufacturing capacity. Imagine when LG and Sharp struggle to meet Apple demand for parts.
Samsung met it readily and till have spare capacity of S4, Note 3, J or whatever they could think of.
In other words, their message to Google and the rest... Don't mess with me!
21. darkkjedii (Posts: 9290; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Samsung is getting a little predictable here. I wonder what Troll would say, if he weren't banned?
24. papss (Posts: 3439; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
I'm sure he would praise them and then go on to say that it has a crapdragon and Samsung own soc is so much better. Tok bad we will never know since he can't stop trolling on wp articles long enough to provide any meaningful conversations.
25. darkkjedii (Posts: 9290; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I'm gonna miss him so much papss. NOT!!!
31. protozeloz (Posts: 5328; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Well he pisses me off to... But I think calling him every time you see him not posting its exactly what he wants
26. MartyK (Posts: 669; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
The question is, how many of these Galaxy will received updates?, or will they be left at 4.2/3 version?
27. bigsimpd (Posts: 35; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)
Sammy I just bought the note3 and if the one maxx gets announced soon I might just take the note3 back b4 my 14 days and wait on it hmmmmmm.
33. bootroot (Posts: 34; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
My girlfriend find the note3 too big so this is it!
And the rugged option is definitely not a gadget!
Talk to my friend that felt is nokia in the toilet yesterday!
37. 9thWonderful (Posts: 230; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
okay Samsung, really? Samsung Galaxy J? man...just rebrand yourself w/an Apple logo already b/c you are definitely following their business model. from the Mega to the Mini to now this. the S4 was a great design, i get it but man aren't you tired of reproducing the same phone yet?
38. DONUT (Posts: 189; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
it seems to be more of a Note 1 refresh to me -.-
40. sunnyfpy (Posts: 35; Member since: 12 May 2013)
HaHa Sammy has a phone for every category,always trying to be in the "news".
41. ckapasi (Posts: 11; Member since: 17 Dec 2010)
If they r releasing phones at this pace.... I wonder what will be the configuration of galaxy S5 ...there is nothing more left for differentiation ...
42. Epicness1o1 (Posts: 162; Member since: 30 May 2013)
it says mobo something on the top,it think this isnt really from samsung
43. justsayit (Posts: 112; Member since: 09 May 2013)
Introducing The Samsung Galaxy Just Called Déjà vu
Samfanboys feel proud of its design!