Restaurant offers 50% off if you turn off your phone
11. meowcenary (Posts: 187; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
What?! We should offer discounts because you are disrespectful to your friends and others using tech in a restaurant. We should offer discount so you can reconnect with your fello H. Sapiens versus the hivemind?
2. rawbow (Posts: 406; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
KFC, please implement this and i shall leave my phone out, Galaxy Gear ;)
6. p0rkguy (Posts: 683; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
Phone OFF, not away.
The gear is dependent on the phone.
4. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
I love it. And I have noticed that I don't interact near as much with my friends and family out out to eat or even family gatherings since Smartphones and Social Networking has become what it is today.
5. kenjoe (Posts: 7; Member since: 18 Mar 2013)
Not good, then no one will be able to take pics of their foods lol
8. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6131; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I think when youre in public resturants people need to get OFF THEIR PHONE for once and respect other people when eating in a public resturant
9. darkkjedii (Posts: 10102; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Facebook would have 50% less pics if this happened! I'm hella guilty of posting restaurant pics.
10. joey_sfb (Posts: 2554; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Ok i am guility of taking picture of the food to post online.
Out of respect, i don't continuously use my smartphone when i am in the company of someone or take a call. I always call the person back later.
12. darkkjedii (Posts: 10102; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Yeah same here, I'll even mute/vibrate it so it doesn't bother people. I do text under the table though lol. What's funny is I'm sitting in a pizzeria, at the cannery hotel with my wife posting this lol. She's Facebooking SMDH.
15. andynaija (Posts: 424; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
^THAT'S WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT!!! Besides she's your wife come on now!
16. BigBoss10 (Posts: 214; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
Nowadays everywhere you go you'll find everyone hold mobile phone taking photos people don't realize how disturbing is this s h i t... in the 80's and 90's life was much better!!! if you get what I mean...
17. zunaidahmed (Posts: 41; Member since: 24 Dec 2011)
uh.....don't really know how it was back then, because I never really bothered to live back then, I wasn't even born. Anyway, I think talking on phone at dinner is rude, but texting is alright.
18. BigBoss10 (Posts: 214; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
whatever texting or talking during a dinner is very rude this is not a thing to do at all, you should know how to use your mobile phone properly...
19. zunaidahmed (Posts: 41; Member since: 24 Dec 2011)
Uh, just an opinion, no need to get all heated up......
20. meowcenary (Posts: 187; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
what you stated is not an opinion and nor do you understand what one is. your statement is typical of many in this new era socializing via technology. it is sad to see friends and couples into their tech. Back to what I was saying about your statement, it show you have no ethics, values, and etiquette like many of the drones out and about.
smsing just as rude as talking on the phone while with company or in a space that is shared by many. may it be public transportation, cafes, dinning facilities, hospitals, or with LOVED one's.