President Obama and the White House to stick with BlackBerry
But as we pointed out, there was nothing in the original story that said that the president was part of the testing, and that Mr. Obama would be forced to replace his trusty BlackBerry for an Android powered phone. The president's absence from any testing was confirmed by a Washington Post story over the weekend, which cited a White House spokesman as saying that the office of the president was not involved in any testing of non-BlackBerry phones. That should make BlackBerry CEO John Chen smile. The president is a very high profile BlackBerry user and if he were to switch to another smartphone platform, it could reflect poorly on the company.
While the president might not be leaving BlackBerry, a number of government agencies are allowing employees to use Apple iPhone and Android handsets, and last year the Pentagon approved Apple and Samsung built smartphones for use by employees.
2. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
You're lame for not looking at the pros of an operating system and the reason of why the person wants to use that operating system.
As we all know, BlackBerry OS is the operating system that has the best security. BlackBerry OS is for the professionals, not for the lame people like you. Also, President Obama has been a long time BlackBerry user so I think he's used to it, it's just like you're an Android user and you're used to it's user interface and functionality.
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9848; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It's been a week already? Wow time flies.
But yes I agree with your post... Rare that I would say such a thing.
6. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
agreed, the only choice for the number 1 of the free world is security and if its BB so be it, if its AssPholes, so be it and if its Android, cool :)
p.s. in fact it makes sense, iMean really, who hacks BB, no one, score for the secret service and the leader of the free world!!!
20. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
How dare you, iDidn't approve or authorize use of my trademark!
As for BamBam, he's a big Blackberry loser!!
12. jnieto490 (Posts: 10; Member since: 24 Mar 2014)
Did you just say the most popular and most innovative OS is childish?!!? :O
13. lyndon420 (Posts: 2977; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
It's not as secure as they once were bud. RIM caved and started handing out servers to foreign countries who threatened to ban BB devices if they weren't given the ability to snoop into BB users conversations.
22. PK1983 (Posts: 215; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
Security? The govt. is so busy spying on itself and screwing itself over along with the rest of us, what does it really matter? The Chinese have agents working with NASA, Iran has the Iranian-born Special Adviser to the President in their corner, and the Muslim Brotherhood regularly meets O in the White House. Anything he or any top official does that is not sensitive enough to merit viewing on a phone is probably already viewed by hundreds of people, most of whom are our enemies..
3. Johnnokia (Posts: 760; Member since: 27 May 2012)
Common Obama, at least change your obsolete Bold to Z10 or Z30.
I think you are only using your current phone for making calls or texts.
Have a good phone for browsing and making advanced communications.
8. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
He prefers BBOS 7 to 10. Also, NSA has a security add-on that was buillt for BBOS 7, but not for 10. Which is just fine for BB, 'cause if POTUS had to use the OS 10 UI, he would immediately switch to an iPhone or GS4.
26. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
If obama can change his phone, I bet he want Samsung Galaxy S5 instead of DEAD-END Z10/Z30.
4. techperson211 (Posts: 1002; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
I think it's the sense of security stability and functionality of BB . I think it a wise decision.
14. jnieto490 (Posts: 10; Member since: 24 Mar 2014)
If you really were a ``techperson" you would disapprove this foolish decision
9. techloverNYC (Posts: 541; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
I mean does Obama even need a phone? For all we know if there are special peoples who whole job is to take care of Obama's phone calls, emails, message,etc. Obama probably don't even use his phone.
10. engineer-1701d (Posts: 2346; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
this just goes to show you that old people cannot use new technology, and that this country would be better off ran by younger people
15. ocilfa (Posts: 334; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
If by "younger" you mean people who write comments like your's, than God help us.
16. jnieto490 (Posts: 10; Member since: 24 Mar 2014)
Well I half agree with you cause if young unexpirenced people ran this country we might have some silly laws
11. tenzin (Posts: 105; Member since: 20 Dec 2013)
BlackBerry OS is solid not childish like android or iphone or crippled like wp
17. jnieto490 (Posts: 10; Member since: 24 Mar 2014)
You know what buddy how bout you shut your moronic mouth stupid arss bb lover
18. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
Just like I said in a previous article. There is are absolutely NO handsets out that are as secure as a BlackBerry.
19. mihulsingh (Posts: 16; Member since: 05 Mar 2014)
One does not simply beat BlackBerry in terms of security !
I think Mr.Obama uses a 9900 World Edition.
I feel he should be given a BB10 OS phone now, they are soooo much more better !
21. Crispin_Gatieza (Posts: 1075; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
I believe the President of the United States has earned the right to choose which phone he wishes to use. I can't believe some of the idiotic posts advocating Android over BB OS7 and its stalwart security. The Commander-In-Chief of the US Armed Forces REQUIRES security over the ability to browse the web or kill evil pigs. Grow the f**k up!
23. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Wow a failure of a president to stay with a company such as BlackBerry which is also a complete failure. The too go together
24. thealphageek1 (banned) (Posts: 942; Member since: 02 Feb 2013)
There are so many haters on this site against BlackBerry that it's ridiculous. Only commenting on BlackBerry articles with negativity when there are so many other articles on this site about all the other mobile platforms. How sad a small a haters life must be. Although, I do think that all of these so called BlackBerry haters are really BlackBerry lovers on the low. How else would you explain there constant visiting and commenting on BlackBerry articles?
25. linaresx (Posts: 101; Member since: 13 Jun 2013)
Well his nickname IS Barry and he IS.......uhhh.......the President.