Octa-core Snapdragon 620 chipset leaks flaunting the new Cortex-A72 architecture
1. vincelongman (Posts: 4164; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
This sound far better than the older leak
I hope the 820 is a Octa core with 4 A72s and 4 A53s
Having 8 of the same core leads to too low single core performance, i.e. MediaTeks
2. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
This is false. 600 series never uses powerful high end cores. This chip should be spiritual successor of the 808 and hence should be named 818 or something. Hence this leak is false.
Also even ARM said you'll see these a72 chips in 2016.
9. nokia12 (Posts: 466; Member since: 19 Nov 2013)
also 28nm in late 2015/2016 ??????????????
it has to be 20nm atleast
17. punisher (Posts: 7; Member since: 12 Feb 2010)
This is missunderstood information.
It's not 28nm it's 14nm
14nm for SoC and 14nm for PoP
PoP is new technology for smartphones.
Its storage and RAM memory on same single chip
So SoC is still on 14nm!!!!
4. brrunopt (Posts: 742; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
" 600 series never uses powerful high end cores. "
go get your facts straight ...
15. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1514; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Exactly, not only that. A72 cores are planned for 14/16nm FinFet, I doubt they can use them in 28nm and stay on the TDP of the smartphone SoCs.
8. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3718; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
And if its true then I'll skip SD615 for SD620 as it seems better than the first.
10. realjjj (Posts: 363; Member since: 28 Jan 2014)
You have to be far far far beyond utterly clueless to even consider this as real.
12. alex3run (Posts: 710; Member since: 18 May 2014)
Lol... It will be strange if Snapdragon 620 outperforms 820...
16. Symon_Fleece (Posts: 335; Member since: 30 May 2014)
Hope this is gonna be the midrange chipset of 2015, insead of 410
18. punisher (Posts: 7; Member since: 12 Feb 2010)
This info is accurate because Qualcomm is developing TS2 cores which is next generation of Krait