New iPhone 5S photos appear, specs hint at 12 MP camera, higher CPU clock, quad-core GPU
1. Alex123 (Posts: 241; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
4" is very small for me and Apple should try their best to bring new design. I feel boring with the same design every time. I love the design of HTC One and Lumia 925.
7. b1acktiger (Posts: 213; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Apple Designers took a vaccation and never returned. :P
45. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
NO designers of iphone4 cursed the apple and they cant change design of iphone :D
8. HeWhoDoesNothing (Posts: 157; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
For that you'd have to wait for the iPhone 6. I'm pretty sure physical changes are guaranteed to take place.
13. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
quad core cpu, more snappier than before :)
next stop, 5 inch retina display :)
14. Xednyl04 (Posts: 5; Member since: 26 Apr 2013)
its still a DUAL CORE cpu wit QUAD CORE gpu...
24. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
typing error detected!
thanks for let me know :)
19. abdane (Posts: 483; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
its the same A6 chip ! bahahahahaha so it's dual core not quad, the GPU is quad cores...
2. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I will believe 2 Gb of RAM when I see it confirmed by Apple as well. Apple don't publish RAM specs for any of their iToys.
11. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
I believe it. iOS7 has true multitasking.
31. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
It's a tyPo, it's actually 0.2GB of RAM. And, that's perfectly feasible since iOS is low in power consumption because of its limited functionality and, therefore, not much iRam is needed. Personally, I can't wait to get my hands on the new iPhone 5S/6 because I will finally be able to use my iCamera without an adapter!! Yaaaaaaayyyyy!!!
4. proto (Posts: 59; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
2 gig of ram for iPhone? is that realy necessary? or that changes in iOS7 will need more RAM then before?
6. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
It makes sense to have 2 Gb of RAM; if i remembered well, iOS7 has true multitasking. iOS7 on older devices are going to cause lag in the long run.
41. yann (Posts: 42; Member since: 15 Jul 2010)
As far as i remember, Steve Jobs promise real multitasking in iPhone 3GS or was 4... If he was right, then what is this real multitasking now in iOS7???
57. mas11 (Posts: 1033; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
I consider "true" multitasking being able to run 2 apps on the screen at the same time like we see in the S3, S4 and Note2. Until I can compose a message without stopping a YouTube video it won't be "true" multitasking.
9. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4166; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
iOS 7 finally has true multitasking, so 2 GB of RAM will just make it easier for power users.
29. darkkjedii (Posts: 14462; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
That's true Berzerk. I can't wait to give it a test.
32. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4166; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I just hope they can get the optimization right. My friend has a 4S that's been running iOS 7 since the release, and it's had a consistent lag throughout all 3 beta versions. I can't even imagine what it's like on the 4, probably near unusable. It's only a couple months before the iPhone 5S and iOS 7 launch, hopefully they can work out the lag problem on older devices by then.
36. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Apple will just turn off certain functions of the OS. There is no way to get it to run in the smaller memory footprint of the earlier iToys. The iP5 is rumored to have something like 1 Gb of RAM. Apple is too stingy with their configurations. Expect more like 1.5 Gb max. And it won't be enough to really get the best performance out of the OS. 2 Gb is the sweet spot. Android has been there and done that. Even WP8 is needing 2 Gb - look at the L1020.
39. darkkjedii (Posts: 14462; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Yeah that's true. The new hardware won't have an issue, but the older might.
10. modernkoro (Posts: 25; Member since: 27 Jan 2010)
This is revolutionary!!! I've never seen any high resolution camera like this on any smartphone in the mankind history... YOU INVENT IT AGAIN, APPLE...!!!
12. Cesar (Posts: 137; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
YES! we need a QUAD CODE GPU! NOT CPU! We don't need a OCTA CPU! it is lag too! it is GPU! to run smothy
16. proto (Posts: 59; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
hmm.. no iphone don't need quadcore CPU bud better GPU for gaming is realy good decision..plus lower resolution...evygame will run smoothly on it
25. Cesar (Posts: 137; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
of course, you see that every game can run very smothy on iPhone 5, and on the SIII, NOTE II, some games on LG Nexus 4 has a little Lag.
So it is better to have more GPU than CPU, if dual core on iPhone 5 runs very smoothy imagine with a little more clock and better GPU, it will destroy the Android TOP Smartphone.
Android are fast on games but when using the apps it is lag it is horrible to feel that, i have my S 3 and my brother has the iPhone 4S, on games mine is faster of course, but in apps and menu is lag, it is horrible
67. jacko1977 (Posts: 419; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
it lags ? then take the porn off ur phone
15. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Was hoping for the A7, is this for the Asia model only or is the A7 not yet ready for prime time?
37. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
S edition get tweaks. The big spec jumps go to the non-S edition.
55. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
The 4 had an A4, the 4S had an A5 and then the 5 had an A6. It only makes sense to make the A7 for the 5s unless there are production issues.
17. Hatshipuh (Posts: 55; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
NFC now after they just announced Air Drop and made fun of running around bumping phones?
I don't think so.
18. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 461; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
If they try to do "beaming" with their iPhones that would be a big slap on their face for making fun of "bumping" phones to share data.
21. vincelongman (Posts: 2376; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
But Android and Windows 8 phones can also send files via bluetooth and some via wifi direct, so no bumping phones as well.
22. darkkjedii (Posts: 14462; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
As good as the iPhone 5 is, this can only be better. I'll be getting two, AT&T white 128 gig and 32 gig for her.
23. gust3r3u (Posts: 84; Member since: 11 Apr 2013)
i'm waiting for Sony Honami , hope i don't do a mistake betting on Sony :P
27. darkkjedii (Posts: 14462; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Sony has been hitting homers lately if you ask me. It'll be worth it long as its what you want, user experience wise. Go for it. iPhones are my favorite not cuz I feel they're so high and mighty, but because I simply prefer the end user experience. Specs only matter when it all comes together seamlessly.
59. CtK4949 (Posts: 31; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
All you heard was some specs that might be true or not true and already you saying its gonna be better?!?! True isheep at work!!
62. Kayle (banned) (Posts: 40; Member since: 26 Jun 2013)
haha yea and what a cheapskate too, only getting the wife 32 gb, smh probably stole it
64. darkkjedii (Posts: 14462; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I don't steal, and that's what she asked for. I'm sure you didn't consider that.
26. Cod3rror (Posts: 72; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
So, will the 12MP camera include any real innovation like OIS, oversampling, etc... or is it just a megapixel increase?
28. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Still below Hd screen in fall 2013.
Not to mention iOS 7. Ugh. I really pity people who have invested dozens if not hundreds of dollars in the apple ecoprison.
30. darkkjedii (Posts: 14462; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Pity them for what? For buying what they like/want, and liking it? For not being pressured into buying what others feel they should? I use both android and iOS, and wp8 if you count my fiancés 8X. I simply prefer iOS as my daily driver...what's wrong with that? You made your choice to switch to android, and that's fine it's a great OS. Let others enjoy what they want. Why pity choice, isn't that what android nation raves about? I guess choice only matters to you, when that choice is android.
49. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Do tell me something, darkkjedi - why are you so compelled to defend Apple at every turn? I mean - I'm just expressing my opinion here.
Why do you care about what I say so much, eh? :)
51. darkkjedii (Posts: 14462; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Why are you so compelled to destroy them at every turn bro? And it's not that I really care about what you say, but this is the comment section of a tech site, is it not? Your views are based on a double standard ilia, people like their choice of iOS for the same reasons you like your choice of android, it works for them. You however won't accept that from an iOS user, you have to lash out at them. When someone challenges you, you respond the way you have. I say once again, just as you did when you used and defended apple tooth and nail. Let those who choose use, and enjoy iOS, enjoy their choice, just like you enjoy yours. Don't pity them, pity yourself for being hypocritical.
52. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
No Dark, it's Android orelse nothing
"Take it down the throat"
54. darkkjedii (Posts: 14462; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
You're starting to revert back into an idiot dude.
56. ilia1986 (unregistered)
People change their opinions, as I did in the past regarding Apple.
Why do I attack Apple? Easy - it's fun. I really do get a kick out of it. Many on this site do. I don't lash against iOS users. I just feel compelled to strike against the company which I loath so much in this comments section.
What's in this for you, though? Why do you feel the need to defend Apple? Do you REALLY love them that much? I mean - if someone said something negative about Android - I wouldn't necessarily defended Android by responding to his\her comments. God knows this site is flooded by trolls and whatnot.
58. darkkjedii (Posts: 14462; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
True and my love is for my family, not apple. I just feel its about choice. Also what good is it to bash a 400billion dollar company?
35. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Great much better than NokiaWp8 Lumia Eos 1012
Will be selling my iP5 for this great.
Exynos A6X Cpu
42. yann (Posts: 42; Member since: 15 Jul 2010)
Why you trolling so much?
I don't care how much cores have my phone, but how it works.
remember the words of Steve Jobs: It's not about MHz number... it's how the software use it.
The same is now with the phones...
LUMIA 1020 is still not present. iPhone 5S/6 too..
How you judge them? Do you have a crystall ball?
38. skyline88 (Posts: 376; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
another day, another iJunk with outdated interface and ugly design
40. Eonnaydra (Posts: 217; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
This SoC will destroy every android device in terms of speed.
5S will be a beast.
46. bigstrudel (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
My iPhone 5 always scores between 600-700 ms on Sunspider with a dual core 1.3ghz processor and in my opinion that tells me that Apple is doing something right.
53. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Why wouldn't it! it's an App-Launcher device that only slides left to right and is still half matured. Dosen't require alit of resources!
63. Kayle (banned) (Posts: 40; Member since: 26 Jun 2013)
HAHA yea iPhone are for dummys who can't use computers or want something basic and boring