NVIDIA talks up the Tegra 3 chip quad-core performance versus the competition
2. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I hope it will work. I mean, those power efficient cores.
3. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
hubba hubba hubba... thats all i gotta say.
oh yea... and
samsung needs to announce a T3 phone soon. I want a T3 with SA+HD :)
9. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
wait for SGS III and we might get it
4. henrickrw (Posts: 402; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
I believe Tegra uses a PS one to make their comparisons.
The Galaxy S2 Exynos should be compared to the Tegra.
I´m not saying the Exynos is better since it´s dual core for now, but the Tegra beats the yard out of whatsoever comparison they used their.
11. Rayzin (Posts: 83; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Lol yea, some of those comparisons were definitely not what I would call "competition", they looked like they used a blackberry to try and run games...
5. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
why are they comparing their quad core chip to the current competetion? course they will be better because there ain't no any other quad cores yet.
6. sorcio46 (Posts: 392; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
Now we have the best hardware for our ice cream sandiwich ! :D
8. ngo2dd (Posts: 773; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
in other news a V8 7.1L engine has more horsepower then a V4 2L engine, No s**t a quad core will be faster then a a dual core.
10. joaolx (Posts: 334; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
The competition is that bad Nvidia. There are awesome processors out there. In my opinion it's to early for quad-core but ok. Looks amazing though.
12. twenti7 (Posts: 152; Member since: 09 Jul 2011)
I have a question for the processor buffs here; we all know that the 2011 processor to love was the Exynos, but what about the 2012 crop? Samsung announced the new Exynos, Qualcom has announced the S4, the Tegra 3 is arriving in the Transformer Prime next month, and TI's OMAP is the "official" processor of ICS. Are these all going to be solid choices, or are there going to be some that have a significant advantage over others (ie, Exynos and Tegra 2 vs S3)?
14. Mojobobo (Posts: 12; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
its great and all but will ICS or any version of android be able to fully utilize these new processors?