Motorola's new logo hints at color options, brands itself "a Google company"
2. dorianb (Posts: 570; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
motorola... Now representing the gay & lesbian community in style.
4. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10312; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Or maybe offering handsets in various color options?
16. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Almost all Google brands use colours, maybe that's why new Motorola logo was also changed with more colours.
8. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4250; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I think Apple was doing that first... Their logo was a rainbow colored Apple before, Tim Cook is actually gay, and now they have a neon and pastel color scheme in iOS 7. Too much evidence.
11. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10312; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Just because Moto changed their logo with color doesn't mean they're following Apple. Changing a logo in a mere two weeks doesn't some possible, as the board would have to design, agree, etc. a new one which is a process that takes awhile.
13. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4250; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I didn't mean they were following Apple, I was saying that Apple already has that status and Motorola isn't trying to get it.
21. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
So what Apple going too sue MOTO for using multicolors on a logo?
24. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Well sue them for using "Flat" design concept.
25. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
I don't think Tim Cook is gay [maybe iGay] but, it's nice to know that now I have more rAiNbow horiZons to gaze upon.
14. quyenqchau0813 (unregistered)
so by what you said, gay equals colorful ?
It's nice that your dictionary has that "extra" meaning or connotation
18. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
wrong reference book... try "rainbow flag" in wikipedia
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10312; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I'm liking the font change. It's good that companies want to refresh their logo and here it works. If Google can lead Moto in the right direction with their phones, things will look good for them in the future.
5. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4250; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
The Motorola Revolution is coming... First the Moto X, the first true Google phone, then the successors to the Razr (Maxx) HD and Razr M around September. Can't wait, show us what you got Moto.
10. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10312; Member since: 14 May 2012)
If the Razr Maxx HD was offered on different carriers, Moto would have been more successful. Verizon wanted to play the exclusive card and keep it for itself.
22. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Fck Verizon for exclusive handsets the other Motorola handsets don't look the same.
28. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4250; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
The closest thing any other carrier in the U.S got to the Razr HD was AT&T with the Atrix HD. Even then; it had the design of the original Droid Razr, a smaller battery than the Razr HD, and a smaller screen with different technology.
Enough exclusives, have at least one good phone that's available everywhere under one name.
6. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
So now Motorola is a Google company right? This means that Google will update Motorola's devices like what they did with their Nexuses! Awesome!
12. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I know but Motorola is still "a Google company". So I believe that Motorola will update their devices like Google did with their Nexuses since Motorola is a Google company.
15. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Motorola's world presence isn't as strong as it could be so branding it with Google is a step in the right direction. Could also mean the colors are more international in scope than just what color the phones will be.
17. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 267; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
PA still believes that the "Hello Again" ad was from Motorola lol.
It's a graphics design site, they're not in any way affiliated with Motorola. Anybody can post random designs there, like this guy did.
19. Sniggly (Posts: 7301; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
I'm excited by the hints in this change. The Moto X can NOT come fast enough.
27. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4250; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Just 5 weeks away if the August 1st announcement from the leaked ad pitch is credible.
20. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
LOVE THE LOGO
23. ilani (Posts: 85; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
I loved Motorola, until i was blessed with the razr.
The first phone i have ever owned, that squeaks!
i had to buy a skin wrap just to hold the front and back tight enough that it would stop squeaking!
and not to mention the worse speakers i have ever heard on a phone!
Google has a lot of work to do!
26. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Oh stop lying!! I had a RAZR and RAZR MAXX and neither squeaked; can't say the same for my iPhone 5. It squeaked so much that I had to register on swiNe.com
29. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 588; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
It sounds like Google is going to be paying more attention to Motorola now that Samsung is leaning toward the Tizen OS.