Motorola Droid Razr M HD specs leak out, is the device real?
As 1080p screens become the norm in high-end smartphones in 2013, devices with 720p display are logically expected to be pushed into the mid-range segment.
This rumored Motorola Droid RAZR M HD would build on the legacy of the 4.3-inch qHD RAZR M, but use a Snapdragon S4 Plus chip with a 1.5GHz dual-core Krait processor.
What seems a bit weird is that this rumor points to a whopping 3,300mAh battery on this alleged RAZR M HD. That would be good news, even too good to be true.
The whispers about this device are not backed by any image, or any other substantial proof, so definitely take this with a huge grain of salt. Still, it seems like a logical device for Motorola to release. Take a look at the expected full spec sheet:
Device type: Smart phone
OS: Android (4.1) upgradeable to Android 4.2
Form Factor: Candy Bar
Weight: 5.22 OZ
Physical size: 4.5 inches
Resoultion: 720x1280 pixels
Pixel density: 326 ppi
Colors: 16 777 216
Touchscreen: Capacitive, Multi-touch
Features: Light sensor, Proximity sensor, Scratch-resistant glass
Talk time: 21.25 hours
Stand-by time: 15.65
Capacity: 3300 mAh
Type: Li - Polymer
System chip: Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Plus MSM8960
Processor: Dual core, 1500 MHz, Krait
Graphics processor: Adreno 225
System memory: 1024 MB RAM (Dual-channel, 500 MHz) / DDR2 / 8192 MB ROM
Built-in storage: 16gb
Storage expansion: microSD, microSDHC up to 32 GB
1. darac posted on 28 Dec 2012, 07:11 10
This would be an ideal choice for soo many people.
But yeah the battery sounds just too good to be true :p
6. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 28 Dec 2012, 07:34 1
if the design is minimalistic like N4 it will sell like hot cakes.
54. jinxed posted on 14 Jan 2013, 09:13 0
im cravin for cakes after reading dis comment! damnit MeaCao
15. Nathan_ingx posted on 28 Dec 2012, 08:30 6
Yup, i thought the RAZR M was good, this is even better!!!
But Motorola should do something about their camera...
17. KingKurogiii posted on 28 Dec 2012, 09:26 3
Google & Motorola are putting extra focus on their cameras now.
19. Nathan_ingx posted on 28 Dec 2012, 09:51 0
That sounds great!
And yes, since Google has acquired Motorola, they should look into whatever can be improved.
2. mydi.maus (unregistered) posted on 28 Dec 2012, 07:17 1
dual core no,3300mah batt yes.
8. Berzerk000 posted on 28 Dec 2012, 07:37 6
Considering the M is mid range and it's and S4, that's great
12. Krishaun27 (unregistered) posted on 28 Dec 2012, 08:07 6
Dual core is fine for Jelly Bean
3. eggimage posted on 28 Dec 2012, 07:24 1
wait, am i mistaking something here?
amazingly, making calls on this device somehow extends its battery life by like 40%?
10. Berzerk000 posted on 28 Dec 2012, 07:37 8
This is supposed to be mid ranged, don't expect it to have quad core. And the S4 is still very good, especially for mid range
31. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 28 Dec 2012, 12:25 3
if this phone is real I believe I will be selling my mid-range droid incredible! lol
Back to moto i guess :)
39. Berzerk000 posted on 28 Dec 2012, 16:03 2
Yeah, that might be wise lol
You might get a nice little speed bump with Moto as well, without Sense.
40. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 28 Dec 2012, 18:56 0
the "slight" lag in sense that some report is mainly due to the animations and transition affects in which i found YOU CAN TURN OFF! lol
No more lag at all using sense........and im only running 4.0.3 and sense 4.0
all HTC users gotta do is go in there developer options and turn off animations :)
But if i were to sell my droid incredible for this it would be mainly for that huge battery (or more battery at least), HD screen, and Probably it being compact in size and form!
41. Berzerk000 posted on 28 Dec 2012, 19:09 1
I never said Sense was laggy... I said it was slower than Motorola's UI. Something doesn't have to be laggy to be slow :)
43. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 28 Dec 2012, 20:14 0
o ok bro :)
42. KingKurogiii posted on 28 Dec 2012, 19:38 0
another thing you can do is go to Settings > Developer Options and then scroll down and change the Window, Transition & Animator Scales from 1.0x to 0.5x. instant speed boost. i do it on everything. ;)
44. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 28 Dec 2012, 20:15 0
well i just turned them all completly off! lol things are alot faster :P
49. iDroid8 posted on 29 Dec 2012, 13:45 0
When you feel HD screens are mid-range, quad core has the rights to come down the ranks too!
50. Berzerk000 posted on 30 Dec 2012, 00:57 2
How so? Nearly all early high end handsets of 2012 had HD displays and a dual core S4, why not mid range of 2013? It seems like a natural advancement, all the HTC One S was missing from being high end was the HD display.
High end 2012; 720p display, dual core S4 @ 1.5 GHz, 1-2 GB RAM
Mid-range 2012; qHD display, dual core S4 @ 1.2 GHz, 1 GB RAM
High end 2013; 1080p display, quad core S4 Pro, 2 GB RAM
Mid-range 2013; 720p display, dual core S4 @ 1.5 GHz, 1 GB RAM
Seems fitting. High end of the previous year is mid-range of the next year roughly.
13. Krishaun27 (unregistered) posted on 28 Dec 2012, 08:07 3
Dual core is fine for Jelly Bean
30. darac posted on 28 Dec 2012, 12:13 3
S4 dual JB is as fast and smooth as WP8 on the same processor:
9. KingKurogiii posted on 28 Dec 2012, 07:37 1
makes sense, i don't buy the battery size rumors though.
32. jinwons posted on 28 Dec 2012, 12:41 0
This phone is nearly identical to Razr HD, only slightly smaller body. so 3300mah may be possible. I don't see why Moto should make this when they already have Maxx HD. The difference in size/weight is very tiny.
33. KingKurogiii posted on 28 Dec 2012, 13:37 0
actually it'll still be a good bit smaller. with nearly 0 bezel the screen size increase doesn't equate to a large increase in the size of the phone. this may accompany a new Moto flagship for Verizon in mid-2013 to replace the Razr HD/MAXX HD, if they're bumping up the Razr M like this they may phase out the MAXX and just have one flagship variant with a 3300mAh+ battery especially considering that their current price tiers are pretty screwed with HTC's aggressive pricing with the DNA so what i'm thinking is this, Razr M HD @ $100 with the specs listed here minus the 3300mAh battery and with the 2530mAh batteries they were using with the Razr HD, then we'll have the new flagship which i'll call the Razr HD 2 for now will be @ $200 and will probably have a 5.0" edge to edge 720p HDSA Display, an S4 Pro and a 3300mAh battery. the rest i don't much care to speculate about.
34. jinwons posted on 28 Dec 2012, 14:04 0
Well, looking at its dimension, weight spec, it's actually very close to Razr HD. Just slightly narrower by 0.15". Is that enough reason to make a new model? I like your idea of HD2 though.
37. KingKurogiii posted on 28 Dec 2012, 14:29 1
i have both the M and the MAXX HD, it's a pretty noticeable difference.
53. jinwons posted on 05 Jan 2013, 13:50 0
I know that but I'm not talking about difference of M vs HD. I'm just going by the dimension of M HD stated here. Numbers tell M HD is closer to HD than M in size.
14. rickywinataa posted on 28 Dec 2012, 08:26 0
why would motorola want to launched another device ? it has the same specs as droid razr HD and it isn't like motorola has launched their X phone with google or something
16. pfroo40 posted on 28 Dec 2012, 08:33 0
Nice size, smaller than the one x with a much larger battery. But I'd have rather seen a 4.3" 720p display and a size closer to the current M.
18. KingKurogiii posted on 28 Dec 2012, 09:32 2
with the M's edge to edge design you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between one with a 4.3" display and one with a 4.5" display. i'd expect something more along the lines of a 2530mAh battery in this though.
20. ckoch125 posted on 28 Dec 2012, 10:12 0
If they go edge to edge, this could be a real winner. The only thing that stopped me from getting the razr m was the screen and that would be fixed with a 720p screen rather than qhd screen.
22. Captain_Doug posted on 28 Dec 2012, 10:19 0
Did some math, if the dimensions are correct the bezel will be .01" larger on each side. Not bad. Definitely the least wide device with a 4.5" screen. I'm really hoping that TFT holds true.
23. bolaG posted on 28 Dec 2012, 10:19 0
Nice. If this phone does come with the Maxx bat is going to be legit. Even then though anything over 2300mh is pretty good for those specs.
Its going to be tough to pick out my next phone... Moto Nokia Sony and Samsung are all looking really good.
24. shnibz posted on 28 Dec 2012, 10:30 0
Damn I JUST got the original. GREAT phone too, it is literally the perfect size too. I hope Moto does keep making the M line with big screens on a small body.
45. 14545 posted on 28 Dec 2012, 20:19 0
Exactly. until the BL is unlocked I won't be buying. Nice phone though, if the specs come true.
51. KingKurogiii posted on 02 Jan 2013, 18:25 0
52. Captain_Doug posted on 02 Jan 2013, 18:32 0
YAY! A full price phone without a warranty! Motorola/Verizon is really making it easy for us.
27. Joshing4fun posted on 28 Dec 2012, 10:58 0
This would be perfect if it had WP8 on it. Too bad Moto don't do the windows.
28. Malique001 posted on 28 Dec 2012, 11:26 0
They should at least over clock the CPU to 1.7ghz since its a new device.
29. marklugtu1302 posted on 28 Dec 2012, 11:39 0
Yup thats true.. then the newer high end phones should get quad core 1.7ghz
46. Malique001 posted on 28 Dec 2012, 20:49 0
Yah but this has the S4 dual core so they might as well over clock it for better performance
35. yopete525 posted on 28 Dec 2012, 14:11 0
For the dimensions, .035 should probably be 0.35, unless they're really going to make this phone thin.
36. InspectorGadget80 posted on 28 Dec 2012, 14:24 0
And yet still only availble for Verizon while no one won't get this nice phone
38. KingKurogiii posted on 28 Dec 2012, 14:33 1
quit whining and come to Verizon why don't ya? xD
47. richardyarrell2011 (banned) posted on 28 Dec 2012, 23:24 1
I wish Motorola well they really need to do this like yesterday. Samsung rules this space we need more manufacturers doing this. Samsung and Motorola got this right.
48. KingKurogiii posted on 29 Dec 2012, 00:17 1
this is a much better post than i'm used to from you. i'm surprised. proud of youuu! c: