Motorola DROID RAZR HD specs leaked on NenaMark site
The site also confirms the 720 x 1196 HD display on the unit, hence the HD in the name of the phone. Throw in the 84 pixels for navigation and it works out to 720 x 1280. This will be Motorola's first HD device and with Android 4.0.4 installed, it will be the manufacturer's first U.S. bound phone that launches with Ice Cream Sandwich running the show. Hopefully we will know whether reports of a RAZR MAXX matching 3300mAh battery are true along with the speculation about a 13MP camera. The phone has already appeared on third party Cellebrite systems.
source: NenaMark via Phandroid
2. g2a5b0e posted on 09 Jun 2012, 14:07 0 2
I hope the 1196 pixel height isn't true. That just doesn't make any sense. Why not go for the full 1280?
7. Jimstar posted on 09 Jun 2012, 14:26 7 0
it is 1280, the 1196 is the height with the on-screen keys at the bottom. Same thing happens with the Nexus.
3. Kevro_86 posted on 09 Jun 2012, 14:13 0 0
I think that's because it will have on-screen navigation buttons, which occupy 84 pixels in height. The display will be 1280 x 720.
6. exo2u posted on 09 Jun 2012, 14:24 0 0
Witch will only make a difference for watching movies. Navigation is almost always at the bottom so count on 1196px of actual useable screen space.
47. kanagadeepan posted on 10 Jun 2012, 21:54 0 0
TRUE... But it will not affect movie experience much as the background of on-screen navigation buttons are semi-transparent.....
4. Carlitos posted on 09 Jun 2012, 14:16 4 0
I was hoping for the new Ti-omap, but S4 is still great.
Well the S4 will most likely do awesome since, the UI is not all that intrusive. So if it works flawless with sense 4 should work like a dream on the upcoming Moto. UI
8. jove39 posted on 09 Jun 2012, 14:34 0 0
Nicely speced...hopefully with fat battery...just wondering...where is TI 5x...I expected next razr to show up with TI's 5x cpu...but s4 will do :)
9. mas11 posted on 09 Jun 2012, 14:44 4 1
SIII who? haha jk the SGSIII is an amazing phone but it seems like Moto's next flagship device will have a better camera and a longer battery life.
11. KingKurogiii posted on 09 Jun 2012, 14:56 2 0
yeah, it would be great if they could match the SIII with 2GB of RAM.
15. Ubi2447 posted on 09 Jun 2012, 15:18 2 0
Agreed. I don't care that my phone was designed by a yoga instructor, I just want to have a UI with no gimmicks, a Battery that will last for a full day of heavy use, and a great screen.
As far as competition goes, they are going to need to match most of the specs of the SGSIII in areas like ram, cpu and the like in order to keep up. Where they don't match the battery and stock ICS(ish) UI will pick up some of the slack I think. We'll better see what sort of fight they are preparing for in the weeks to come with more spec leaks.
I'm just glad their UI didn't go the same direction. I don't want bubbling brook sounds and twigs on my UI.
17. mas11 posted on 09 Jun 2012, 15:26 4 0
Yep I think Moto is headed in the right direction with the whole stock ICS look. But I think the SIII is going to set the standard for high end devices.
18. KingKurogiii posted on 09 Jun 2012, 15:29 1 0
agreed, this will be the obvious choice for me even if it only has 1GB of RAM.
19. 14545 posted on 09 Jun 2012, 15:34 1 1
I hope you don't want to do anything development wise with it.
27. KingKurogiii posted on 09 Jun 2012, 19:11 3 0
it's not impossible to do anything development wise with a locked bootloader.
10. 14545 posted on 09 Jun 2012, 14:49 2 2
Locked BL, no thanks. The bionic isn't even a year old and the development has completely stopped for it. Heck, the D4 almost never had any development. Unless they start unlocking their BL's I won't be buying one anytime soon.
43. tha.fox posted on 10 Jun 2012, 18:12 0 0
I call bulls**t the rezound and nexus are both unlockable so was the thunderbolt the droid x. its all motorola not verizon
45. KingKurogiii posted on 10 Jun 2012, 20:43 0 0
the Droid X wasn't unlockable. we don't know Verizon's policies in this matter. evidence stacks against Verizon for sure though because AT&T's & Sprint's Flagship Motorola devices have unlockable bootloaders.
46. Berzerk000 posted on 10 Jun 2012, 21:16 0 0
Excuse me, I forgot to but a word in there, it's not ALL Moto's fault. And I'm pretty sure the Rezound has a locked bootloader, it's just easy to unlock
48. kanagadeepan posted on 10 Jun 2012, 22:22 0 0
Whether the International versions comes without locked bootloaders????
But still with GOOGLE in scene, we can expect some good necessary change....
12. KingKurogiii posted on 09 Jun 2012, 14:57 0 0
aw a Snapdragon? oh well, at least it's as powerful as everything else here in the States. i'll probably pick one up but i don't think i'll be in a hurry to.
13. Droid_X_Doug posted on 09 Jun 2012, 15:08 0 1
I might wait until winter to see what else is on the horizon. Things don't seem as compelling as the original RAZR (compared to my Droid X) was. The RAZR ran away and hid from the Droid X. This seems more of an incremental improvement over the RAZR. Kind of like how the iPhone 4S was an incremental improvement over the 4.
22. Berzerk000 posted on 09 Jun 2012, 16:02 0 0
Yeah, I was hoping for the OMAP5 too. Sad face
25. jroc74 posted on 09 Jun 2012, 17:35 1 0
Yea....it should have decent battery life tho, with LTE too.
16. android1234 posted on 09 Jun 2012, 15:22 0 0
Now add 2gg ram, and we have a good competitor for the Sgs3
34. jackhammeR posted on 10 Jun 2012, 04:26 1 2
what for? 2 gigs S III is meant only for korea.
21. GoBears posted on 09 Jun 2012, 16:02 0 1
98% of the users of this phone wouldn't be able to tell between 1gb and 2gb ram anyway. This would've been the first Moto I would have considered since owning my Nexus, except that damn locked bootloader. This phone would be super with vanilla android.
29. hung2900 posted on 09 Jun 2012, 20:28 0 0
1 GB of ram and you will have over 100 MB ram free only with S4 SoCS like HOX AT&T.
Qualcomm announced that 1.5GB RAM is at least to make the device work properly.
24. thedarkside posted on 09 Jun 2012, 16:15 1 0
solid. looks nice. specs are good. i may just get one.
26. bokajay posted on 09 Jun 2012, 18:08 0 1
2GB of RAM or bust for me. Plus I wouldn't be surprised if this is priced at $299 since it will be Droid branded and might have the 3300 MAH battery. I am currently a Droid Razr user (4.0.4 ICS leak). The 1GB RAM hold this phone back not the 1.2 TI CPU. Might get an S3 or hold out for the next VZW Nexus (if there is one) in Oct if this doesn't have 2 GB of ram. Plus this looks really wide (even wider than the Razr).
28. thelegend6657 posted on 09 Jun 2012, 20:22 0 5
I don't want the maxx battery
I want a spiritual successor to the original razr .
37. thelegend6657 posted on 10 Jun 2012, 08:55 0 3
But original razr is thinner and looks better .
I don't mind having to charge every night .
I will be looking out for this .
My phone just got stolen :(
38. PhoneArenaUser posted on 10 Jun 2012, 09:27 0 0
"My phone just got stolen :("
What phone and how?
52. thelegend6657 posted on 11 Jun 2012, 06:49 1 0
My white 2 year old Nokia n97 .
I went for tuition class and left my phone on the table came back it was gone .
And my parents are not buying me one , even my father is not giving me his s2 i9100G Ti Omar version .
So I will have to take a part time job but never mend its my own fault anyway
53. thelegend6657 posted on 11 Jun 2012, 06:52 0 0
Btw the way of you look at the Razr unlocked .
The maxx is thicker and more expensive that the normal one .
So I will pass .
It's Great for people that need that battery for me I don't
55. PhoneArenaUser posted on 11 Jun 2012, 12:29 1 0
Motorola RAZR MAXX is just +1.9 mm thicker and for me it is not a big problem. Only +1.9 mm and you will get 3300mAh battery, I think it is good deal. :)
57. thelegend6657 posted on 12 Jun 2012, 02:15 0 0
Yeah but higher price and less beautiful .
I am getting an android phone .
Now using my 6 year old Samsung feature phone .
Thinking about HTC OneX , ones , sensation , Motorola razr hd and asus pad fone
But when the time holiday arrive maybe new nexus are already here so I will get nexus
54. PhoneArenaUser posted on 11 Jun 2012, 12:24 0 0
I understand, sad. :(
30. BattleBrat posted on 09 Jun 2012, 21:57 0 4
Qualcomm? Meh, I don't like qualcomm or their subpar radios, didn't MOTO make the processors for Apple before they went to intel? I'm waiting for the next OMAP or INTEL offering from moto, that and I'd like to have my RAZR (1 not MAXX) for at least a year before I replace it...
32. spiderpig2894 posted on 10 Jun 2012, 01:00 1 1
hmm, qualcomm is doing a great job with their snapdragon now. the S4 is now popular!
33. KingKurogiii posted on 10 Jun 2012, 01:08 0 0
yeah, because they're LTE compatable, and that's about it. :P
35. jackhammeR posted on 10 Jun 2012, 04:27 0 0
why adreno 225? why not something better?????!! why snapdragon, not the newest opam chip?
39. iami67 posted on 10 Jun 2012, 10:36 0 0
Im confused this article claims first US phone to launch with ics. Arent there several now including the nexus. and isnt the sgs3 comming july 9th. is this phone going to be out before then.
56. Alan01 posted on 12 Jun 2012, 00:24 1 0
If you read the story again, it says it is the first U.S. ICs flavored phone from Motorola!
41. saffant posted on 10 Jun 2012, 16:34 0 3
Meh... the UI still blows compared to TouchWiz even. Thanks, but no thx... ill pass.
42. KingKurogiii posted on 10 Jun 2012, 17:11 1 0
since you said that i know you haven't seem Moto's iteration of ICS.
44. tha.fox posted on 10 Jun 2012, 18:15 1 0
ive ported touch wiz from s3 to my nexus and have motoblur ics on my razr and motoblur blows touch wiz out of the water. I am a samsung fan but honestly touch wiz ruined ics and i used to hate motorola but honestly they are the only company moving in the right direction with ics.
49. KingKurogiii posted on 10 Jun 2012, 22:33 0 0
them and LG i think. i like their new Optimus UI 3.0. o:
58. thelegend6657 posted on 12 Jun 2012, 02:15 0 0
Yeah considering old optimus ux was touchwiz ripoff
50. Hellosir posted on 11 Jun 2012, 00:49 0 0
I have it so whatever its pretty good Not lying. I like the keyboard it lights up when you open it so its all good