Mini iPad stubbornly rumored to arrive this year
1. mannyfs (Posts: 63; Member since: 11 Feb 2011)
well, thats stoopid. what do we need a smalled ipad for?
4. android_hitman (Posts: 621; Member since: 07 Jul 2010)
the right question is:
why do we need ipads at all? when we have better and superior android tablets :P
10. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
superior android tablets?... other than the Transformer... I dont see any other tablet....ohh you mean the failed XOOM, touchpads, copycat galaxy tabs, xy whatever, please...
13. frydaexiii (Posts: 1235; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Superior in the sense that it is made more for productivity. Unfortunately, I'm afraid people like you these days are so shallow that all you guys care about is how smooth it scrolls and the type of games it can play...As long as the iPad is tied to iTunes, it will forever just be a novelty product, an expensive fancy fisher price toy made for kids and dumb adult
5. pedobear (Posts: 22; Member since: 24 Feb 2012)
becuase I find the regular iPad is a bit to big for gaming and the iphone is too small. a 7" iPad would be perfect for gaming and stuff like that.
7. xvengence42 (Posts: 20; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
@android android tablet are far from superior. I guess you didnt see that apple is worth half a trillion dollars.
@pedo if your buying an iPhone/iPad for gaming then you should stop wasting your money and get an xbox on playstation cause that is a really stupid reason for buying an iPhone/iPad. You could even get an iPod.
12. pedobear (Posts: 22; Member since: 24 Feb 2012)
I do have a PS Vita and a xbox 360 but personally I travel a lot, don't feel like carrying my vita wherever i go when I want to play games, and I see a lot of potential in touchscreen gaming. I'm not an apple fanboy and actually don't have a single one of their products but I know that many people (possibly me) would be happy to buy a 7" iPad with good specs for portable gaming and other things like that.
2. dirtydirty00 (Posts: 259; Member since: 21 Jan 2011)
we didnt need a big iphone to begin with (ipad). now that we have the iphone why reinvent the mini ipad? itll just be an iphone.
3. PAPINYC (Posts: 2304; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
iThought the iPhone 4S-TD was the MiNi iPad??
What's the difference don't they both use iWiFi only???
6. AbsentbebniM (Posts: 21; Member since: 09 Feb 2012)
I find it simply amazing, and yet not, that all major discussion about this article is from the phAndroid community. "A sphincter says what?"...
Rather than a new iPad, I believe a 3rd party iPhone/iPod Touch dockable "tablet" screen (a la the ASUS Padfone) would be the best bet in the screen size customization debate.
8. frydaexiii (Posts: 1235; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
I thought Steve Jobs hated the idea of a 7 inch tablet? OMG! Are they really gonna stray away from Steve's words of "wisdom"? What badasses...
9. good2great (Posts: 1039; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
i think its a good idea. its like the other article about "nokia vs screen size" some people feel more comfortable using the Kindle Fire because of the size. why wouldnt apple create a smaller size model... makes sense to me.
The whole argument is about CHOICE right?
"why do we need ipads at all..." - so are we all "only" supposed to use Android??? isnt that the opposite of CHOICE?!
we all should be able to respect any OS of course with our own personal preference... but to say windows phone/apple/android/blackberry shouldnt exist is "STUPID"
11. idanielx (banned) (Posts: 22; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
that price doesnt even make sense bc thats that same price of an ipod, why get a 7 inch tablet when you can just get an ipod instead
14. galbert1555 (Posts: 14; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
WTF WTF WTF?? APPLE, MAYBE ITS TIME TO STOP.....
15. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6566; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Why you GUYS keep saying these dumb rumors? can't YOU AT LEAST wait till their press conference before making these people go gagga over their IPADS