LG G Watch may go on sale July 7th, will likely be free for Google I/O attendees
1. chunky1x (Posts: 270; Member since: 28 Mar 2010)
"LG G Watch may go on sale July 7th, will likely be free for Google I/O attendees"
6. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1888; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Oh, yeah... Paying $900 for the event and I hope they get something out of it.
7. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Moto 360 will be a better device for the event. I think its a perfect time for Nexus 8 and 10 to get unveiled along with android 5.
8. kalloud (Posts: 148; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
There was 0 leaks concerning a new nexus 10 so it's very unlikely to see it in the i/o event.
I also doubt that there will be a nexus 8.
9. shuaibhere (Posts: 1986; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
So what about android 5.0 lassi ,lollipop whateva it may be???
I'm eagerly waiting for next big change in android....
10. Antimio (Posts: 313; Member since: 11 Nov 2013)
They may tease it but is not coming anytime soon. They just pushed 4.4.3. Next version will take some time.
11. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
So? 4.4 was released in the same month as 4.3.1. Minor updates (0.0.x) have no effect on major releases (0.x and x.0). They're quick and easy to develop because they're just bug fixes, so they just work on them alongside major releases as a side project.
12. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
I'm not a big fan of this first generation of smartwatches, but it would be nice to be able to get one that runs AndroidWear for a reasonable price so I could check out app development. The apps I've seen for smartwatches so far are pretty lame.
Samsung might be saving on battery life going with Tizen, but they are going to take a hit on app development. It'll be interesting to see how things play out. Maybe Samsung will never open up their smartwatches as a developer platform, so it won't matter.
13. sss_ddk (Posts: 73; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
Don't know about you but i am never buying a smartwatch with 1 day autonomy. I like the eink concept (always on, close to 0 power drain)..like the pebble. I need my smartwatch so i get notifications, maybe control music play and a few options...and the time/date/calendar events.