Huawei Ascend Y530 with Snapdragon 200 CPU and Android 4.3 Jelly Bean announced in Europe
The new handset features a 4.5-inch display with 480 x 854 pixels, HSDPA, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, 5MP rear camera with LED flash, VGA front-facing camera, 512MB of RAM, 4GB of internal memory, MicroSD card support, and a 1,750 mAh battery. The smartphone measures 132.5 x 67 x 9.3 mm, weighs 145 grams, and is powered by a 1.2GHz dual-core Snapdragon 200 (MSM8210) processor - the same that Sony is using for its new entry-level Xperia E1.
As you can see in the photos unveiled by Huawei, the Ascend Y530 has an interesting two-color design, and will be available in four versions: black with grey, black with red, black with yellow, and white with grey. According to Huawei, the Y530 is targeted at young users. It will be released in Germany first, starting March, for a suggested retail price of $200 (€149). The price will probably go down soon after launch.
Huawei Ascend Y530 official photos
source: Huawei Germany (translated)
1. hurrycanger (Posts: 1287; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
$200? That specs?
For Zeus' sake, buy a Moto G.
2. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
That's because the price is Euro (€149) converted to USD ($200). Read the article properly. Smh. -__-
3. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
The Moto G costs €166 (8GB) and €199 (16GB), so it's more expensive than this Ascend Y530.
4. hurrycanger (Posts: 1287; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
oh okay. Didn't know the Moto G cost so much in Europe. In the US it's $200, and with the current or soon-to-be whatever-it's-called program, it costs only $160 for the 16gb.
9. hung2900 (Posts: 821; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Due to 20% tax in Europe, a xxx euros in EU equivalent to xxx dollars in the US.
10. hurrycanger (Posts: 1287; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Thanks. This was one piece of important information that I was unaware of.. xD
5. MrKoles (Posts: 330; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
Oh, wow, you pay 20€ more and you a 3 times better phone.
7. boosook (Posts: 1089; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
149 euros is too much for a phone with only 512MB of ram, since phones with 1GB are approaching that price point already (the xperia M costs 160 euros, the Moto G 169… ), and the additional ram is well worth the difference in price.
8. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 792; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Lesson learnt: If you can't innovate in design, innovate in colour scheme
11. avin007 (Posts: 139; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
Wow didn't know there is snapdragon 200,too....
12. phenomium (Posts: 3; Member since: 26 Nov 2013)
looks like a nokia n70 very bad copy of nokia