Huawei Ascend P1 S unveiled with a bang: the world’s thinnest smartphone
9. lp_522 (Posts: 25; Member since: 31 May 2011)
PLEAASE. We need something else than the Epic Touch!
13. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
i know i had the epic touch and loved it til the 2.3.6 update they rolled out bricked it. samsung claimed they couldnt fix it so know i have to wait on my parents income tax :/
26. simplyj (Posts: 404; Member since: 23 Dec 2009)
What are you, 12?
Learn how to unbrick the phone you bottom feeder.
31. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
im 15 dumbass and i would unbrick it but i don't have a windows computer or a mac due to the fact they aren't exactly cheap. i use my phone for nearly everything that a computer can.
32. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5645; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
you have a smartphone but there's no Mac or PC in your home? that's pretty messed up.
34. simplyj (Posts: 404; Member since: 23 Dec 2009)
lol windows computers not cheap, lol!! poorfag
39. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
they are not cheap when your 15 and only 1 person working in your house -_-
42. corrifa (Posts: 34; Member since: 28 Sep 2011)
Lol what exactly are you typing this on then?
35. ledbetterp3 (Posts: 467; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
Wtf!? How is this a copy of the SGSII!? You are retarded... If you look at my previous posts, you'd know I'm a pretty peaceful guy, but you confused me, and I get mad when confused. Sgs2 owners are annoying thinking their phone is the best and anything that beats it is copying it. You guys are beginning to look like mindless iPhone users....
36. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5645; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
"I get mad when confused" made me lawl. xD
37. ledbetterp3 (Posts: 467; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
I just thumbed myself down... Anyways, design doesn't matter, they aren't copying UI, they're using stock UI. They're shipping with ICS rather than gingerbread. Totally different processors. Sgs2 uses samloed+ wvga resolution, this uses samoled qhd resolution. Totally different devices, other than design, which IMO, matters the least.
5. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5645; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
well Huawei has just popped on the map for me. o:
6. Sniggly (Posts: 7182; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
That's a f**king SGS2. The hump on the bottom, the shape of the corners, placement and orientation of the camera... I mean, holy s**t. Huawei can f**k off.
7. protozeloz (Posts: 5381; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
meh as long as there wont be any lawsuits I don't see any Samsung fan confusing it with an S2 or a user thinking is an S2 but yeah phone looks alike
and with a reasonable price and good support... the big guns might have some competition
8. droidnator (Posts: 87; Member since: 10 Mar 2011)
Competition is always good for the consumer... So what if it resembles SGS II a bit. Let there be chinese high-end Android manufacturers, that is definitely good for the market!
17. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Well, the hump on the bottom is necessary for a better grip - samsung didn't put it there for nothing.
It's an ergonomic addition for such slim phones.
ANYWAY- you better notice that overall, this is, at the moment, THE BEST PHONE YET UNVEILED.
41. ardent1 (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
I've been saying this for awhile now: (a) give Huawei and ZTE a couple of years and they will be bringing out great phones and (b) the low cost OEMs will copy their ideas from Samsung, HTC, Moto et al without paying for the R&D.
These two phones are proof of what I've been saying --- when you have android OS that is free and you have OEMs like Samsung spending millions to develop their handsets, don't get upset when you see the second tier OEMs copying without paying for the R&D. Samsung worked out the bugs so Huawei and ZTE can make copies quickly due to reverse engineering.
11. protozeloz (Posts: 5381; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
think i would be a good idea to get rid of the buttons, and use on screen ones, i think its the only ugly part of the device, and since it has ISC the on screen buttons would have being a better idea
12. Glim12808 (Posts: 393; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
From the front, putting them side by side, you're not going to mistake the two. The SGS2 has more rounded corners, the Ascend has angular, slanted corners. Plus it's thinner too. Totally different!
14. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
nexus meet your master xD i saying this due to fact of all better specs except for the lower screen but smaller screen will make up a little for that. the 1.5ghz 4460 will help more to just please im begging please leave it stock ics
15. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
also how in the living hell do you fit a 1800mah battery into a phone that thin?!?! impressive
38. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 804; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
We'll have to Resurrect someone just to ask how they did that. . .
19. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
This could sell well since it does have ICS
22. downphoenix (Posts: 2415; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
well played Huawei, well played.
I wonder how long that thinnest title will last though?
23. louay_joumaa (Posts: 18; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)
Huawei just beat all the other smartphones
Huawei has the best phone @ this time :D u can just admit it ;)
24. THE_RAY (Posts: 26; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
By the time this is released it will be run of the mill stuff. The thinnest parts can only go so far until the flexible screens come out and you can roll screens up.
25. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
looks like an s2 but thats no bad thing to be inspired by..have to agree this looks like a great phone,spec and all apart from the super amoled as i am one who can actually see the pentile arrangement.also is it me or does that look like STOCK ICS if so thats even better and is kind of like a nexus device too.
29. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
SGS2, meet your maker. This jumps up to 2nd on my list, behind the Nexus of course but ahead of the Note>Rezound>Razr
30. GeekMovement (Posts: 1519; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
wonder when 2.0mpx will be the standard for front facing cams...
33. bolaG (Posts: 468; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
Good Specs, good looks, but I wonder how it will perform...If it has as good a signal, speaker, and battery life as the Razr then welcome to my planet Huawei.