HTC's Nexus 9 tablet might be unveiled October 8th, bearing a Tegra K1 processor
1. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
1080p seems a little low. QHD would be better...
9. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4273; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I don't see why they would use a lower resolution than on the Nexus 7, which has a 1200p display. It's probably 1600p.
18. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I hope your right but I wouldn't put it past HTC screwing up royally. They probably going to sacrifice screen resolution for quad boom sound speakers or something stupid like that.
28. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4273; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Google's in charge here. They wouldn't take a lower resolution on a bigger tablet. Even if HTC did give it to them on the original plans for the tablet, Google would make them change it.
30. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 474; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
1080p is probably referencing 1200p. Google hasn't made any tablets with a 16:9 aspect ratio and they have no reason to now. They make them 16:10 to make up for the space the software buttons take up.
22. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1488; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
1080p means better battery life + better power management , of course the ppi is not enough (217 range) but the rest of the hardware compensates well
2. Iodine (Posts: 1303; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
K1 is Jack Power Sucker.... The killer frying pan of batteries.
Who cares that it's faster if it requires more power to do so ?
17. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
If it used iPhone or iPad level batteries it would be horrible yes. Its Android though. It'll have a big fat 12000 mah battery if need be. Actually if they used Samsung again like they should have it would be bleeding edge like the Nexus 10 was.
Not sure about HTC. They might screw it up and put a 3000 mah or something just so they can fit a useless tri camera or a subwoofer or something.
25. xfire99 (Posts: 792; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
Old K1 Quadcore yes, not the new Denver dual core that are in Nexus 9.
3. galanoth (Posts: 425; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
1080p on a 9 inch display?
Can I just get a Nexus version of a Tab S 8.4 please?
OLED tablets look amazing.
4. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
I hope nVidia to abandon this business for their own sake.
6. Finalflash (Posts: 2769; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
No thanks, unlike you trolls, we like competition and variety.
7. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
Go home and write your eleven hundred thirteenth hello world in Java.
21. Astoni (Posts: 649; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Please, troll. uninstall your webbrowser and remove your internet connection from your Computer/Mobile device.
Biased dumb a$$es shouldn't even comment.
24. xfire99 (Posts: 792; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
The World would be much better if u disappear.
8. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1344; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Honestly why do you even care? You'll never buy anything other than Apple made. Stop bashing .everything has its pros and cons. And we need NVIDIA. As a tech lover I don't want them to abandon their business at all. U might love a world with only Apple
13. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1344; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
I love apple and I've used iphones and I believe they do provide good experience and performance for a smartphone but they are not the best I've used. And I'm really disappointed by the new iPhones. Some key improvements that I've 100% expected were absent like an increase in ram and Megapixels. Now I know u'll like to argue they perform like a flagship with a GB of ram. For future proofing a device 1GB ram(especially on 2014) is not enough. Well,its true up to a limit with a big sacrifice on multi tasking. I've personality experienced some by myself on iPhone 4s and 5. And next big disappoint for me is that they haven't utilised the extra space especially on 6 plus. Yes i meant galaxy note like features. I don't want more rows icon every year. I want pen like features and multi windows modes etc.
11. Joulukas (Posts: 60; Member since: 05 Jun 2013)
Is there a reason, why you would suggest one of the pillars of GPU market, to ditch fastest growing segment that is mobile hardware?
Since you didnt suppy any adequate arguements, this is just plain stupid to the level, that your foot size is geting over your IQ.
12. renz4 (Posts: 317; Member since: 10 Aug 2013)
if they abandon tegra now it might hurt them more in the future. even intel giving more focus on mobile right now. and for sure they can't hope to rely solely on PC market to keep them alive.
16. aryanfr1 (Posts: 120; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
Wow congrats you will be considered for Nvidia New Marketing Head ! Don't ashame your self. Nvidia is a powerhouse and its chips will lead to development of new powerhouse which results in better computing in mobile device. If you don't want go and stick with Nokia 1100 or buy a hello ki
10. UglyFrank (Posts: 1580; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
If only they used a processor better than the 800, it could be undisputed champ
20. Dude2014 (Posts: 435; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
Why no 4GB of RAM? I want real 64bit system. :(
32. xfire99 (Posts: 792; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
lol...Its 64 bit SoC, just maybe comes with only 3GB RAM and it wont affect the perfomance, even with 3GB RAM.
23. newbey123 (Posts: 553; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Sounds like a monster with awesome specs and quality build and materials. Been waiting until a tablet worth buying came out and didn't want a apple tablet. Can't wait for this beast to come out.
26. renatofp (Posts: 10; Member since: 15 Sep 2014)
There aren't any HTC factory in Brazil. In fact, HTC products aren't even sold in Brazil since they left the country 2 years ago
27. gaara6775 (Posts: 738; Member since: 20 May 2014)
Next biggest thing is here. Bigger than iPhone 6. Looks like October is gonna be epic too.
29. Chuck007 (Posts: 1035; Member since: 02 Mar 2014)
Why are they still content with measly 16GB of storage? App sizes have grown so much now it's like 8GB of yesteryear. And no, installing apps on sd card isn't a viable option.
31. freesoul (Posts: 3; Member since: 27 Aug 2014)
Nexus tablet announcing on HTC event, Really? Please stop posting BS.
33. Asmodai (Posts: 1; Member since: 16 Sep 2014)
I can't see Google announcing a Nexus device at a non-Google event. I especially can't see them allowing an SD card slot on one as it undermines their cloud services. 3GB seems silly on a 64bit device as well and I'd expect hope the display isn't really 16x9. 16x9 works great on phones because they're tall and thin but on tablets 16:10 (if not 4:3) is much better. Here's hoping it's at least 1920x1200.