HTC to bring Android Ice Cream Sandwich update to the Sensation, Rezound, EVO 3D and more
1. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 07 Nov 2011, 04:31 5 0
Please keep it mostly stock 4.0 include your widgets but keep it stock!
3. bobfreking55 posted on 07 Nov 2011, 05:02 1 0
And don't make it affect the performance. But please add eye candy.
2. DigitalBath posted on 07 Nov 2011, 04:33 2 0
I am guessing we will have to see a new version of sense running on ICS.... Im looking forward to it!!
4. protozeloz posted on 07 Nov 2011, 05:06 1 0
How fast does early 2012 sound? Hopefully really fast
11. roldefol posted on 07 Nov 2011, 07:31 1 0
Same rough timeline as Motorola... although I maintain Moto should run stock ICS and HTC will undoubtedly use Sense.
12. protozeloz posted on 07 Nov 2011, 07:53 1 0
I think they should scale down their skins to be mainly apps and widgets
15. skymitch89 posted on 07 Nov 2011, 10:16 0 0
Considering that it's the 7th of November, that is fairly fast. Also depends on what they consider "early 2012". "Early 2012" could be within the first like 3 months of 2012.
7. bayhuy posted on 07 Nov 2011, 06:13 3 0
Sense 4.0 FTW !
Stock ICS is not ugly, but...we need the Sense "WOW" effect..
8. aztaxia12295 posted on 07 Nov 2011, 07:03 2 0
Does this mean htc phones won't lag? I'm thinking of the rezound and I, afraid of the choppiness
10. roldefol posted on 07 Nov 2011, 07:29 0 0
Hopefully ICS' native multicore support will help. It would be nice to see a performance boost with ICS similar to (or better than!) what phones saw with the Froyo upgrade.
13. protozeloz posted on 07 Nov 2011, 07:55 0 0
ICS has both hardware acceleration and multiple core support so I expect it will be as smooth as WP ot IOS (or at least close)
9. Droid_X_Doug posted on 07 Nov 2011, 07:26 0 0
HTC - thanks for acknowledging you will be providing an upgrade to ICS. How about another just as important piece of information... WHEN?
16. skymitch89 posted on 07 Nov 2011, 10:20 0 0
I think that HTC should update all their 2011 devices to ICS, and hopefully they'll update the Evo Shift to ICS; but with my luck it'll stay on Gingerbread.
18. nb2six posted on 07 Nov 2011, 15:51 0 0
The TBolt will not get it because it's not a dual core device. ICS is optimized for Dual Core phones. It would just make the Bolt lag especially since it doesnt even have 1GB of ram. I'm thrilled that we got GB on it to be honest!
19. nameless1521 posted on 07 Nov 2011, 18:35 0 0
But, Nexus S gettting ICS although it has a single core. That can't be a excuse.
20. quesoesgrande posted on 07 Nov 2011, 19:13 0 0
They said that the sensation is getting ICS but did they mean Europes's Sensation only, America's Sensation 4G only, or both? I hope the my sensation 4G gets ICS...
21. richardyarrell2011 (banned) posted on 08 Nov 2011, 03:07 0 0
I look forward to the update on my beloved Evo 3d great no doubt. But that won't happen till at least March 2012 I won't wait that long for ice cream sandwich. I will purchase the Galaxy Nexus on Verizon which will be my first pure android device. I look forward to this ice cream sandwich experience ice cream sandwich has made htc sense no longer needed WHY because stock android is no longer UGLY like it was in June 2010 when I purchased my first smartphone the evo 4g. Galaxy Nexus here I come I will have the best of both worlds
23. savien808 posted on 27 Nov 2011, 23:05 0 0
I just got off the phone with HTC because i had some questions about my Sensation 4G and the guy on the phone told me that the Sesation 4G will get the new ICS update sometime around mid January to early Febuary. He couldnt give me an exact date. But it will be updated to Android 2.4 !!!
So theres something to be exited about!