HTC: "buyer's remorse coming soon" to Samsung Galaxy S5 owners
The Galaxy S5 is waterproof, runs Android 4.4 KitKat with a new version of TouchWiz UI, and introduces a Finger Scanner (embedded in its home button), plus a heart rate monitor that’s situated below the 16MP rear camera. The S5 sports a 5.1-inch 1080p Super AMOLED display, and will be powered by either a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, or an octa-core Exynos CPU.
As for the unannounced All New One from HTC, this seemingly also uses a 1080p display of around 5 inches, while Android 4.4 KitKat with Sense 6.0 UI are running the show. A quad-core Qualcomm processor and a twin-sensor rear camera should complete the picture. The leaked images that allegedly show the new HTC One pretty much rule out the possibility of it being waterproof - so at least from this point of view the Galaxy S5 has an advantage.
Of course, we can’t decide which of the two smartphones is better until we get the chance to test both of them. Still, what do you think, is HTC right? Will early Galaxy S5 adopters really regret their acquisition after the All New One is unveiled?
1. Jklaz (Posts: 124; Member since: 01 Jul 2013)
How can one have buyers remorse for a product that isn't released yet.. and won't even be released when this is being announced.
2. Skoms (Posts: 118; Member since: 03 Feb 2014)
Sony Z2 or Samsung S5
They are both water resistent!
8. akki20892 (Posts: 3653; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
How many times I have to answer you.
Of course Z2, you know that.
51. LiyanaBG (Posts: 377; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
i got to say i'm loving HTC new Marketing and they hitting it hard these days. HTC is working HARD they deserve to be on top again
64. techaman (unregistered)
no the z2 is waterproof the s5 is water resistant
16. ghaniosman (Posts: 64; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
htc just tryin cheap publicity stunts to disperse the attention from the great s5
60. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3561; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
You know nothing about user experience.. You just think more is better... That's your fault!
47. Hyperreal (Posts: 135; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
you should say great disapointment. nothing interesting. in fact almost all rumors about this phone were not true.
52. LiyanaBG (Posts: 377; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
this is called Marketing htc is learning thats what samsung does but people don't say anything when samsung does it
57. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1104; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Brother u need to relearn the definiton of marketing.
I liked HTC phones at a time (no it was not The One) but they were just snobs when they were on top pricing their products ridiculously and positioning themselves as high-end (this was when android was just a tiny little green robot, cute n all)!
Now the company faces losses and they take cheap shots at Sammyn fr what? just cuz they made one phone....one phone out of metal and glass? with unfinished software? n releasing +versions of their own flagship?
BUYER'S REMORSE DEFINITELY BUT NOT FOR S5 OWNERS BUT FOR THE ONE OR ALL NEW ONE OWNERS!
i think sony feels more premium any day of the week compared to htc.
In my opinion, HTC is already dead, they just dont know it yet!
33. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1462; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
I would go with Z2 if you are looking into to get a phone that's water proof because Samsung GS4 Active isn't so water proof after all...
44. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Yep, I'd rather get one of those two if the leaked M8 is the real deal.
45. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
I don't know why I can't like HTC.
46. zhiae (Posts: 180; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
we all saw s5 now and the remorse gona come to buyers soon soon
3. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5954; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Not even buyers remorse. Observers remorse would be more accurate. I don't see a compelling reason to trade a GS4 for this. And definitely no reason to trade a Note 3 for it.
29. THE_Hulk (Posts: 55; Member since: 09 Feb 2014)
I totally agree with you on that... note 3 is a lot better than S5 s**t. to my opinion, note 3 will still rule and Z2 is gonna take Galaxy's crown
42. Dante216 (Posts: 26; Member since: 18 Dec 2013)
What is the tech blog comments section's obsession with Sony phones? No one wants them. No way will the Z2 take any crown.
48. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Because people think Sony is going to overthrow Samsung like it's the 17th century or something.
65. techaman (unregistered)
we want them we just cant get them that easy in america i would love the z1 over the s5 i would feel like i am holding 600 in hand
72. Nexus_bear (Posts: 32; Member since: 19 Nov 2013)
I drool over Sony products. Always have always will. But lack of a mobile device presence in the US really keeps me from owning a Sony. If this comes as a Google play edition I'd sell my nexus 5 and Google play edition S4 on the drop of a dime.
4. kalloud (Posts: 120; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
Competition, competition Z2 ; S5 ; One 2014 ; G3 ..
23. andro. (Posts: 1971; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Its the year of the clones,each handset are pretty much the same as last years versions
56. jad.boutary (Posts: 107; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
That's what I think too.. so everyone who got an 2013 phone no need to upgrade this year.. thx OEM for saving my money :P
5. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
This could be your last chance HTC.
Do your best, although I won't buy your products!
58. Liveitup (Posts: 1573; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
HTC is criticizing Samsung while HTC is mimicking WP experience.
12. Florin.T (Posts: 128; Member since: 16 Dec 2013)
It will go on sale in the US in April, yes, but Asia and Europe should get it starting March.
24. limporgyuk (Posts: 156; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
The new One is being unveiled 25th March
28. Florin.T (Posts: 128; Member since: 16 Dec 2013)
Hm, it seems that Samsung's official word on the availability of the S5 is "April" for all markets after all. Oh well.
7. Kishin (Posts: 647; Member since: 30 May 2013)
HTC I don't think so what can they do that Samsung can't.. Design it not enough..
25. sipha (Posts: 325; Member since: 12 May 2012)
whats are you talking about?? Except for unorthodox HTC camera, the HTC One and the galaxy s4 were evenly matched last year...
32. jphillips63 (Posts: 185; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I tell ya what HTC can do that Samsung can't and that's get service in the areas that don't get good cell reception. The radios in HTC are as good as motorola and Samsung don't even get close in that area.
9. misha76 (Posts: 3; Member since: 19 Feb 2014)
very poor design.I wouldnt buy the S5.Not innovative enough.With designs from sony and htc and even LG,this is poor indeed.Ive always maintained that the best in the series was the S2.Never got any better
59. FeRoZ (Posts: 33; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
I agree with i had the S2 for 2 yrz i was really happy with it now i got the G2 and im even happier So i think this year will b either HTC r LG's year only if dey kee. It r8 ;)
10. Jayshmay (Posts: 65; Member since: 27 Mar 2011)
So long as batteries continue to remain embedded in HTC smartphones, I will continue not even considering their smartphones.
11. power_x (Posts: 243; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
That hashtag on the bottom ..... #HTCOneUp
Could this be the new name of it ?
13. N.Reynolds (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Feb 2011)
HAHAHAHAHA Yes I love HTC! Please do better than the S5, though that shouldn't be hard. I am not dissapointed Spec wise with the S5. I personally feel we have peaked with specs. So they should change something else like hmmm I don't know. Maybe the design? Smh Samsung.....
14. gprime (Posts: 22; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
Did Samsung copy Apple a Lil in design, but look at this and the s4, y would upgrade? At the same time look at last year's iPhone to the new one? And people still upgraded. So people r going to do what they want regardless of how stupid it is. I for one luv my note 3, but I wonder if Samsung will copy Apple again and come out with a premium version just like the crappy I phone 5c
17. datphoneguy (Posts: 141; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
Well given the fact that the GS5 will be released in April, this actually gives HTC a fighting chance to survive in the market if they can present and release their phone in late March/early April as scheduled....
21. Jason2k13 (Posts: 657; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
sorry HTC, but design itself is not enough to win costumers, and this attack on samsung will not help you either.
39. Hyperreal (Posts: 135; Member since: 08 Oct 2013)
really? and what does it lack for you? the specs will be the same.
43. Jason2k13 (Posts: 657; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
will the HTC be waterproof? finger print scanner? better camera? better features? more options for cases and accessories?
if HTC has those or better, then i might consider HTC.
74. ady_lad (Posts: 75; Member since: 17 Jul 2013)
Really? OK...you got a point with a better camera(i still loved the HTC One camera)...and waterproof would be useful...now for the rest...fingerprint scanner, how is that enev useful mate? cases and accesories...there is such a big market out there...is that what you are buying a Samsung Galaxy for?
77. williamdroid (Posts: 125; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
Though i loved the Front Facing stereo Speakers, i hate onscreen buttons (leaks say the M8 will have them), i need a removable battery, and a micro SD card slot.
Water proof is a plus but not a deal breaker.
Plastic or metal i couldn't care less. I always put on a case. And you cannot feel Metal through an Otterbox Defender.
27. jphillips63 (Posts: 185; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
What HTC has over Samsung is the radios installed. HTC radio is on par with motorola and that says a lot when it comes to having service in areas that have less than desirable coverage. Who cares about waterproof? Really that's a gimmick and who s gonna go swimming or submerge there phone in water anyhow?
38. Astoni (Posts: 573; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Not really a gimmick. As a Z1 i've had some real usage for the waterproofness.
75. ady_lad (Posts: 75; Member since: 17 Jul 2013)
To be fair, i had my HTC One insured anway, since is virtually impossible to fix...so makes no difference if it goes for a swim or not...lol
30. newbey123 (Posts: 451; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Love it HTC! Samsung did it to Apple, now HTC is doing it to Sammy. You have my money HTC, same specs, better design and UI! There is no way I could ever be drunk enough to get the S5 over the HTC One.
31. limporgyuk (Posts: 156; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
Samsung have just given HTC the best present, I bet everyone at HTC, Sony, LG and even Apple watching the unpacked event breathed a sigh of relief.
34. Mr.Mr.Upgrade (Posts: 425; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
Both HTC and Samsung flagship phones are trash, if it don't say nexus its a waste of money
66. techaman (unregistered)
thats funny considering the name nexus is being removed and changed sorry for you douch.