Google reminds devs that the menu button is a dying beast
2. codymws posted on 26 Jan 2012, 22:38 1 1
I think this is a good idea. There have been so many times when I've been looking for things, only to find it hidden in the More section of the Menu button.
6. G2Noobin posted on 27 Jan 2012, 00:52 2 0
yes agreed but come on its the menu button...i never use the search button its back home and menu...or just make the menu button the over flow button.
4. Nathan posted on 27 Jan 2012, 00:30 3 0
I always use the menu button, and I rarely use the search.
5. G2Noobin posted on 27 Jan 2012, 00:51 1 1
Hunh wuwhaaaat (8-() wtf.....why. Nerd of google please explain!
7. fervid posted on 27 Jan 2012, 07:35 1 0
Are they trying to look like Windows Phone so they get sued by Microsoft now or what? That really sounds exactly how the overflow stuff in Windows Phone works where it slides up the extra menus at the bottom. Only thing missing is hiding names of the buttons until the ... are pushed/slid up.
8. iamcc posted on 27 Jan 2012, 08:06 2 0
I like the menu button...
Well, luckily with custom ROMs we can probably hold on to it a little longer even if they do take it away.
9. roscuthiii posted on 27 Jan 2012, 09:46 0 0
I wonder what George Carlin would have to say about going from "menu" to "action overflow button"...
An action bar just sounds like something to take back the screen real estate that was gained with the removal of physical buttons.
10. McLTE posted on 27 Jan 2012, 09:51 0 0
This article does a much better job of explaining what PA tried to..
11. jamrockjones posted on 27 Jan 2012, 10:20 0 0
I like the menu button too. And I love the search button. I'm always holding it down to use voice commands.