Google Nexus 7 might actually cost $151.75 to produce, teardown reveals
1. thebest (Posts: 226; Member since: 08 Jul 2012)
they should have added a 720p hd rear camera
3. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
absolutely not. Do you have a tablet? Ask a tablet owner. That rear camera is almost never used.
If it had an HDMI output it would have been perfect.
8. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
I've owned a tablet for the last year and can back up what remix is saying which is that I don't give any flying f**ks at all whether there's a rear camera or not.
13. thebest (Posts: 226; Member since: 08 Jul 2012)
yes, i had a galaxy tab and now i have the new ipad........you will understand the importance of a camera on the tablet only when you get a tablet with a camera.........shooting hd videos and then watching those videos on the big screen is such a luxury
2. zhypher_23 (Posts: 195; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
I wonder how much the parts of an iPad are worth?....
4. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
last report was like $240ish. Apple loves HUUUGE margins.
5. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
that gives me some hope that we may see more "nice" tablets at reasonable ranges. If they can produce a similar tablet with a bigger screen an HDMI with removable memory (or atleast more internal) for like $300, I might be game for it.
6. Fallout09 (Posts: 408; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
You might be looking at the Nexus 10 this fall then.
10. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
if it has an HDMI out, then it will be very very high on my list.
7. thunderising (Posts: 225; Member since: 25 Nov 2011)
The $249 model seems to be the real bread-winner for google here.
9. axee.violator (Posts: 2; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
I think Google is a huge enterprise so they are investing to capture the market, That's why they aren't interested in too much profit making.
Anyways see what Nokia is up to this Fall wp.me/p2sF67-dI
11. sonofzeus (Posts: 95; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
3g connectivity and camera would have made the nexus 7,the best economical tablet made
12. pellegrini (Posts: 83; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
I agree with 3G.
But remenber, Google don't want to make BEST device.
The Nexus line is to show off the OS. The Nexus S < Galaxy S, and the Nexus Galaxy < Galaxy SII (Overall features).
They let to the OEMs compete to see who can delivery the best device!
So wait and see what ASUS will offer after have built the Nexus 7. I mean, they will put the best 7" tablet out there.