Galaxy S6 to look 'a lot like iPhone 6,' come with 5.1" display and sealed polymer battery
1. xondk (Posts: 1199; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
So...yeah I don't know, looks a lot like the galaxy S2...but that's just me...
3. Kumar123 (Posts: 477; Member since: 15 Jan 2015)
Apples sued Samsung mainly because of S2 design. Samsung copied iphone design in their S2. One Samsung executive even said back then sth like - we must create a phone that resembles iphone looks and features.
7. vincelongman (Posts: 4081; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
I can see the high resemblance between the Galaxy S and iPhones
But dont see it in the S2, S3, S4, S5 (except for S2 TouchWiz was still very iOS like)
The iPhones have far prettier designs than the comparative S2, S3, S4, S5 IMO
Until the 6/6+ and Alpha/Note 4 where IMO Samsung caught up
Though I can see some resemblance in the iPhone 5 design and the Alpha/Note 4
But not enough to say a copy, more of a Lumia 930 copy than an iPhone 5 copy
Anyway, who cares they all copy each other to some degree
13. xondk (Posts: 1199; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
To be fair, it is rather difficult to make a rectangular phone and making it unique so it doens't look 'similar', that said yeah I've heard those things as well, but I don't think apple won the design argument only certain patents, and given how wide they were, I mean at one point it could be argued that any rectangular phone was copying/infringing on apple patents, it kinda makes me go eh.
Its rectangular, it is metal, it has slightly curved edges rather then straight, is that similar to the iphone? yes....but how else would you make a 'sleek' modern design on a rectangle? I'm just asking, because I don't really know it, people like those slightly rounded sides, so samsung makes their phone with it?
18. SuperNova (banned) (Posts: 649; Member since: 15 Jan 2015)
That's a lie and a false allegation. If that's really the case, then Apple is a copycat too; it copied LG Prada!
34. rd_nest (Posts: 1589; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Stop it. No need for racial attacks.
44. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Well Koreans are cute and I love gamgnam style and I love korean technology including note 4 and s6 even if its a copy, so how about that?
23. SuperNova (banned) (Posts: 649; Member since: 15 Jan 2015)
have a nice day, apple fans
2. android_hitman (unregistered)
then it better have a good damn battery inside.
4. Kruze (Posts: 1285; Member since: 30 Dec 2014)
iFans gonna rage, iFans gonna cry, iFans gonna whine. The Sampple war is coming back with a vengance.
25. Spedez (Posts: 437; Member since: 29 Aug 2014)
All what Asian companies do is copy. So sad.
35. rd_nest (Posts: 1589; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Why don't you ask Apple to stick to 3.5-inch 'oh-so-perfect' form factor? As if 5.5-inch form factor was an original idea! You guy are funny..
58. mrochester (Posts: 526; Member since: 17 Aug 2014)
It does seem that Asian companies are especially prone to mimicing or copying as closely as possible the designs and styles of the worlds leading brands.
42. rnagic (Posts: 148; Member since: 13 Jul 2014)
I don't have a problem with "copying" as long as it's copying a decent design. I6 was ugly imo. Not sure why you would copy that.
46. phljcnth (Posts: 481; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
The only part I see resembling the iPhone 6 is the bottom part. Everyone should note that the pictures don't show the back panel (think of Galaxy A phones) which would likely make the whole look a lot different from the iPhone. I don't think a company as big as Samsung would resort to a blatant copy of its biggest rival's flagship.
6. HugoBarraCyanogenmod (Posts: 1002; Member since: 06 Jul 2014)
We prefer sealed battery, otherwise the unethical retailer will gonna swap away the original one and put in the fake battery to us and end up explode. Then Samsung claims us we're using the third parties battery and not their fault
15. xondk (Posts: 1199; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
I don't prefer it...
And maybe where you live they would get away with that, but if a retailer did that in europe, he wouldn't be a retailer for long.
32. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Lol that might be the case in China :p Never heard of that happening.
49. Ashoaib (Posts: 3229; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Yeah, never heard of it that any retailer is putting a fake battery. They will not ruin their reputation just for a battery
8. SuperNova (banned) (Posts: 649; Member since: 15 Jan 2015)
Apple is like: "If we can't win against Samsung, sue them. We have Judge Lucy Koh as our puppet".
10. Jamoga (Posts: 187; Member since: 17 Dec 2014)
a single judge doesnt make decisions, not in cases like this. and welcome to 2015, get out and take a look.
17. cmpunk (banned) (Posts: 88; Member since: 27 Jan 2015)
i'm with you supernova. Apple is just a butthurt company who can't even invent its own Soc and begging Samsung to make it for them. What a shame!
21. AlikMalix (Posts: 5029; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
um... Apple only uses Samsung as a manufacturer to build what Apple designs ("invents" per your vocabulary). "Begging" isnt really the world, more like Hiring Samsung to build their own designed chips.... If you really think Samsung "invented" SOC for Apple, why hasn't samsung "invented" their own 64bit processor 1.5 years ago, when Apple introduced the first 64bit on a mobile phone?
50. brunelian92 (Posts: 79; Member since: 04 Feb 2015)
It is likely to do with the fact that android was not capable of utilising the a 64bit architecture at the time.
It is a little misleading to say apple invented 64bit mobile processors. They designed them. The 64bit processor was invented in the late 1960's by intel.
53. AlikMalix (Posts: 5029; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
I know., I was using his word, that's why I put that word within the quotation marks
11. vuyonc (Posts: 987; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
They could just shrink the Note 4, get rid of the camera hump and call it a day.
16. cmpunk (banned) (Posts: 88; Member since: 27 Jan 2015)
Why does everyone like to drag the Iphone to Samsung article. Dude, if the Galaxy really is a copycat of the iphone, then BMW should sue Toyota and others for making cars with 4 wheels....
24. AlikMalix (Posts: 5029; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
In this case particularly, the leaked images (which may NOT be actually Samsung's design at all) look extremely like iPhone's design language..
40. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1514; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Which from his side: iPhone 6/6 plus looks extremely like the HTC One (M8) design language.
29. HouTexan (Posts: 435; Member since: 08 Jan 2012)
It gets clicks and gets the trolls going.
61. AlikMalix (Posts: 5029; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
BMW would not sue Toyota for having 4 wheels, it will sue Toyota if they make a Camry that has kidney grille and an overall shape like one of BMW's that makes you recognize a BMW from far away... Product recognition is the only differentiation factor that allows a product to stand out (or blend in due a lack of said product recognition) Apple taken risks making their phones seem similar so that anyone can recognize it from a distance (this is also part of something called "product placement")... If you copy certain form or design language such as profound round home button on bottom and similar shaped bezels in front and rear - that would cross into that product recognition from a distance category. If you build a phone out of an aluminum block - that's ok, but if you curve the edges and add certain antenna lines - you're crossing the line...
19. TournaFlyer (Posts: 24; Member since: 20 Sep 2014)
If the Note 5 has these same attributes, I'll be getting a Note 4 instead! No replaceable battery, me no buy.
20. LittleGaGaKiller (Posts: 281; Member since: 19 Jan 2015)
COPYCAT HERE I COME AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN IN A DESPERATE ATTEMPT TO GET HIGH SALES LIKE IPHONE
26. ssdieas (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Feb 2015)
so like apple iphone 6 that copied from htc style now SAMI copied from apple...
COPY CirCLe ...
27. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3712; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Whatever if it sells well then looks similar to iPhone doesn't matter. Now-a-days almost everybody is copying others designs.
30. Xim0102 (Posts: 3; Member since: 13 Jan 2015)
I love the iphone 6 design, I think it is the most beautiful smartphone ever so...To me it's not a problem at all if they are so similar in fact I love the idea, it gives me more reasons to buy it.
31. Iodine (Posts: 1302; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
I ABSOLUTELLY DIDN'T EXPECTED SAMSUNG TO BLATANTLY COPY THE PHONE THAT ALMOST DESTROYED THEM ! /s
37. tech7 (Posts: 14; Member since: 04 Feb 2015)
SAM should accept that they couldn't create their own design.......
39. drunkenjay (Posts: 858; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
lol u guys believe that this is real? plz.... its only for the ifans to say s**t without knowing what the final design is. thats just looks like photoshop or a fake chassis to me. as if samsung ihas a lightning port hole on it.
41. TAMARETTE (Posts: 182; Member since: 15 Jun 2014)
God I hope you're right. I will NEVER purchase anything that looks remotely like an iPhone.
43. NotAGeek (Posts: 279; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Why did he took the pictures in a toilet?
59. mrochester (Posts: 526; Member since: 17 Aug 2014)
Because it's where this piece of s**t belongs.
47. infinitykush (Posts: 9; Member since: 24 Aug 2014)
Hell yeah, the iPhone 6 looks like my Micromax Canvas Turbo and no one noticed that. I don't think that PhoneArena said the same when iPhone 6 came out or did I miss reading that article.
48. babyk (Posts: 296; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
U have got to be kidding me 5.1 inch what is wrong with those MOFOS??
51. RandomUsername (Posts: 808; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
Apple didn't invent the metal frame...
52. osamahija (Posts: 5; Member since: 27 Apr 2014)
to me. i dont care if samsung copied iphone 6 design or not what i care about is i can find a phone that meets my need and more which samsung is good about
54. GeekMovement (Posts: 2140; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
I'll have to see the final product to really judge whether it looks like an iPhone or not.
57. wael84 (Posts: 5; Member since: 07 Jan 2015)
I am just wandering, why the manfacturers wait for apple to launch the new technologies then they start to imitate it. Why samsung waited for "apple pay" to launch their new pay system??? They were not able to do it by themselves!!!! or they are just focusing on the non usefull technologies like the stupid edged displays?? Thats why apple will survive, while others will vanish gradually, but it is just a matter of time.
60. ianmac9 (Posts: 4; Member since: 04 Feb 2015)
Are you telling me Apple invented the payment system when Nokia tried to start that almost 10 years ago using Bluetooth low energy? Give me a break. And secondly, that is the iPhone frame. I cannot believe some people actually believe that is the S6.