First Sony Xperia Z1 Quadrant, AnTuTu, GFXBench and Vellamo benchmarks
1. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5379; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Never before has a car been driven using a smartphone, but the O2 Gurus are about to become the first people ever to do it. Using the new Sony Xperia Z1, with its amazing 20.7 megapixel camera and the detachable QX10 smartlens, Maddy and Gavin go head to head in a race against the clock around the world famous Brands Hatch Circuit in Kent.
9. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5379; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Yes, this "experiment" in racing track was pretty gimmicky, but in my opinion Sony's Attachable Lens by it self is not a gimmick.
31. BuyOS (Posts: 7; Member since: 18 Sep 2013)
really cool video!!! looks like playing Gran Turismo in real time :)
11. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5379; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I have found this video in YouTube and thought that it will be pretty interesting or at least atractive to watch for tech enthusiasts or people who gonna buy Attachable Sony's Lens or Xperia Z1 smartphone. And yes, I know that this "experiment" in racing track was pretty gimmicky, but in my opinion Sony's Attachable Lens by it self is not a gimmick. And that was all my point by posting it here.
10. Deaconclgi (Posts: 204; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
I thought you were talking about a car being driven BY a smartphone...
ture=player_embedded&v=-6TNtCvg3Z0&desktop_uri=%2Fwatc h%3Fv%3D-6TNtCvg3Z0%26feature%3Dplayer_ embedded
12. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5379; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Sorry if I misled you, my comment #1 was just a copy of original video description in YouTube.
24. Topcat488 (Posts: 1106; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Now maybe you can understand, how hard these guys at PA have it. When people start complaining about the title. :)
25. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5379; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I understand that. And anyway, like I have said before, my comment #1 was just a copy of original video description from YouTube, so don't shoot at me. :D
15. papss (unregistered)
Lol I thought the same thing. Phone thanks for clarifying that up. Thought that didn't seem like your writing style.
28. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 626; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
dont care about people here putting non-sense comments.. Its always good to appreciate new technology/features/experiment.
2. istitch (Posts: 157; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
i dont think s800 in z1 would score just 17k on antutu
26. AnukulVcool (Posts: 116; Member since: 02 Jun 2012)
yes thats just a pre production kept for exibition
3. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
Xperia Z1 already scored 35,554 on Antutu
check this out
and 21,620 on Quadrant
4. justsayit (Posts: 152; Member since: 09 May 2013)
running beachmarks while the phone is charging
that will cause lower score than it should has
23. Kevinphantom (Posts: 82; Member since: 17 Jun 2013)
you're right it will heat up the phone and cause cpu and gpu throttle that's why the performance on the benchmark s wil be shrinked to half or less
5. LOLism (unregistered)
GSMArena has the Xperia Z1 benchmarks from yesterday. How do you call your's the first?
13. Shatter (Posts: 1956; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Reason they are lower in Antutu is because Samsung and HTC have better optimization. Also Adreno 330 should be getting much more FPS than the Moto X.
16. papss (unregistered)
Ilk wait to see other scores before passing any judgment. I hope its the non final software
17. sniper1087 (Posts: 330; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
I want this phone so bad, but no news on when it will hit US shore, or if it will hit it by that matter.
19. taikucing (unregistered)
It should be equal to LG G2 or Z Ultra. But why?
21. JMartin22 (Posts: 708; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
The LG G2, Sony Xperia Z Ultra, Galaxy Note 3, and Galaxy S4 LTE A all use the same chipset, and in theory, get the same scores. However, there's a few scenarios that impact the final result.
- Whether or not the phone is hitting a thermal throttle roof (this can be bypassed artificially by storing the phone in a very cold space)
- How well optimized the software of a device is to its hardware
- Frequency output caps placed by the manufacturer. (Can be overcome by rooting and OC'ing the CPU/GPU)
27. MotorolaX (Posts: 17; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
Moto X beats again heaters gone a hate again!!! LOL
30. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 882; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
waiting on the final Unit.I'm guessing the final unit will be betterThen...
32. OmkarP (Posts: 2; Member since: 23 Sep 2013)
does it get hot? long gaming session is understood, but I want to know about normal to medium level usage for extended duration, like an hour or above. I remember reading, that Z used to get hot even after normal use. I am really looking forward to get the Z1, just this alleged heating issue is one niggle. can you please verify that?