First OnePlus device coming in Q2 2014, will rival the Apple iPhone’s design
Details surrounding the OnePlus One are still pretty scarce, though Lau did point out that its device will be 4G LTE-enabled, and it’ll run a lightweight version of CyanogenMod. What’s more, CyanogenMod’s founder Steve Kondik also appeared on stage and made it clear that the OnePlus One won’t run the typical CM experience:
On the whole, and much unlike most major manufacturers today, OnePlus doesn’t seem interested in a creating a product for the mass market, at least not just yet. Instead, it appears that the company will be targeting the power user niche, or those who “never settle”, as Lau calls them. This all sounds pretty interesting, especially for those among us who have been craving something a tad more distinguished and unique. That said, this sure isn’t the first time we’re sweet-talked into paying attention, only to be disappointed at a later date.
1. ArtSim98 (Posts: 1129; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
“Appearance wise, we’re confident our phone is more attractive than just about any phone on the market, with the exception of maybe the iPhone"
Trying to say iPhone has the most attractive design? Yeah it's high quality and so on, but it's just getting so old. They should dramatically change it.
4. AstronautJones (Posts: 167; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
Not as good looking as the newly redesigned Galaxy S7, expected in 2015. Heard the Nokia Normandy 2 is sweet looking as well
8. SleepingOz (Posts: 2479; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
The black One looks really nice, though the build quality is well subpar..
The best looking device imho right now, is the Nexus5.
5. AstronautJones (Posts: 167; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
I just can't believe the guy actually said that anyway.
Our phone is the best, except the iPhone of course.
like Dominos saying "we have the tastiest pizza, except Pizza Hut"
19. darkkjedii (Posts: 9290; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Pizza Hut is pretty damn good though. Stuff crust pepperoni with mushrooms, and black olives. Mmmmmmmm Pizza Hut (in my homer voice)...
9. androiphone20 (Posts: 1118; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
Apple makes good smartphones, and if you don't think they do, I don't see why that's enough to make you hate them.
20. darkkjedii (Posts: 9290; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
His post also wreaks of his admiration of the iPhone. Notice he didn't say it'll be better than anything else.
21. darkkjedii (Posts: 9290; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Yeah it'll probably kill the I phone, but not the iPhone. IJS
22. darkkjedii (Posts: 9290; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
At the moment only the HTC One rivals it, but nothing beats it in design, or performance.
25. Taters (Posts: 2378; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Really?! My iPhone 5s stutters like crazy and apps close a lot. My Nexus 5 so far performs much much better
26. darkkjedii (Posts: 9290; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Not only do you not have a 5s, but you're a notorious silly childish android fanboy, so we'd expect you to post what you just posted. "My iPhone 5s stutters like crazy and apps close a lot. My Nexus 5 so far performs much much better". Get the heck outta here with that crap dude SMDH, stop lying.
29. Taters (Posts: 2378; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Can't handle the truth eh? I have a 5s and yes it stutters like crazy.
30. darkkjedii (Posts: 9290; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
You blast apple iOS iPhone, the users, and their whole lineup constantly, and you expect us to believe you have a 5s? You're lying plain and simple. Now go away liar.
24. bigstrudel (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
Everyone talks bad about the current iteration of the iPhone until they have an opportunity to put it in their hands. There's something special about it being feather light, being cool to the touch and the way it just vanishes in your pockets comfortably.
The Moto X design is probably the most well thought out in the mobile space, combining ergonomics with a big enough screen, that you can still use with one hand. And the HTC One of course is as classy as it is capable.
14. REXTECH (Posts: 15; Member since: 04 Dec 2013)
HTC one is thick and looks good only in one dimension. Nothing bests iPhone ,at least yet.
16. N-fanboy (Posts: 477; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
The only good looking iphone IMO is the 4/4s. But the Htc One, xperia Z1 and the Lumia 925 all look excellent, the best looking smartpones out there.
17. kindlefireowner (Posts: 311; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Not a Apple fan or hater, but the bar is low on attractive smartphone. So Apple can have that title. I must admit that the new gold color iPhone 5S looks good. I love the Sony design myself on the android side.
18. darkkjedii (Posts: 9290; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
They gotta come with it to beat the iPhones look. That's is one beautiful design, especially the gold one...man.
23. Taters (Posts: 2378; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
This company has already failed if they suck on Apple that hard. Perfect example of giving a company too much respect. If you want to beat them, which many companies already have imo, you need to disrespect them, not suck on their....
28. stealthd (Posts: 868; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
Don't pretend you know anything about business, you clearly don't. Acting disrespectful, as a company, might get you a few sales from fanboys but everyone else will just think you look childish.