Facebook is the first non-Google Android app to hit the 1 billion install threshold
1. shuaibhere (Posts: 1986; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
I have facebook app..but I don't use.....
Heck I stopped using facebook at all...
5. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
same i hardly use it. plus it's preinstall in all our phones. so why is this news?
8. doejon (Posts: 398; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
exactly!! nowerdays its preinstalled on a lot of devices i have 3 android streaming boxes and fb was always preinstalled
15. joey_sfb (Posts: 5744; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
I uninstall it from my RedMi Note only to install it back one week later.
I use it occasionally.
2. shuaibhere (Posts: 1986; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Watsapp will join next I think....that too is now owned by facebook....
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Now they can enhance the UI and make it so it doesn't eat 120MB+ of RAM after you close the app.
4. hellonerds (Posts: 314; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
Just use the web mobile lol.. not sure you can upload pics/videos
13. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
That's what I'm doing for now on. And yeah you can, just takes a tad bit longer, especially with videos.
9. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
That's what 64bit Cpu and software does. Takes and requires more Ram to run very smoothly.
I use McTweaker on the rooted Note3, along with Rohesoft Ram expander. The app let's you gain extra 3g Ram, in total, 5th Ram
The app called System Panel shows that Facebook takes up 200 mb of Ram.
12. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Gain an extra 3GB of RAM when the max is about 2850MB... Seems legit.
14. Salazzi (Posts: 537; Member since: 17 Feb 2014)
they can't because it uses all that ram to siphon off your info. record your calls, random camera checks, etc..
10. medicci37 (Posts: 1276; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
1 of the worst major apps ever! Also apps in general have to many unnecessary permissions. There should be option to install apps with only certain permissions. For instance, Facebook app could be used without giving permission to use camera & address book if you don't want to use that feature
16. zachattack (Posts: 621; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
Well i just deleted it for good, because i can just use the mobile site. Avoid using messenger and avoid taking up my ram. Win win