Don't get too excited, the Nexus 5 colors are fake
35. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 2738; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I was as excited when PA announced Sony were making a version of the Nexus with pictures. Oh wait...
63. rency0722 (Posts: 39; Member since: 12 Jun 2013)
Yah, me too. I think the best news for Nexus will be, Sony is working on it for the next Nexus.
48. Dr.Phil (Posts: 813; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Really? How couldn't you get excited when PA labeled it "HOT", "Exclusive", and "Featured"?
57. tech2 (Posts: 1112; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
We all know they probably knew its fake the moment they aired this 'news' but hey someone gotta fulfil the daily quota of 20 news articles.
61. Daftama (Posts: 540; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Michael H you must be using an Andriod yourself... You are one of the most Hateful person towards andriod anything negative your the first to post
2. papss (Posts: 2842; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Quiz... How do you make an already ugly OS uglier? Answer...4.4
3. Dastrix (Posts: 505; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
+1 Well said papss!
Quiz... How do you make an already laggy OS more laggy? Answer... 4.4
5. Commentator (Posts: 2080; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
At least Android is a modern operating system, unlike WP7.
(See, I said that because you clearly typed that from early 2012, which is the last time I experienced any lag on Android. How's the weather back then?)
6. Dastrix (Posts: 505; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
It would seem that your definition of 'lag' is incorrect. Is it because you never used WP? In any case, I'd suggest you brush up on your vocabulary before you bark.
7. Commentator (Posts: 2080; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I've used WP several times. It's a wonderful OS.
Also, who barked first? If you want, come on over and show me, on my Nexus 5, where it's lagging.
+1, because apparently we're saying that now...
11. rodneyej1 (Posts: 2482; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Isn't that kinda irrelevant considering they don't even sell WP7 devices anymore?..
But, I know what you mean.. You're speaking in terms of features.. I agree with that.. But, in terms of aesthetics WP is more modern in my opinion.. So, I think we both can agree that both Android, and WP, have work to do, right?
12. Commentator (Posts: 2080; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I was just saying that he was posting this in the past, because Android was lag-free before WP8 even came out. I didn't even have lag problems on my bloated-up Evo 4G LTE.
Also, like I said, I like WP, and even WP7 wasn't that bad. This guy just always runs his mouth (fingers?) about "lagdroid," which hasn't been a relevant point in over a year. It's like people who say "iPhonearena" and "iSheep, " or that Elop is a Trojan Horse.
15. rodneyej1 (Posts: 2482; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Yep!! The last Android phone I heard people complain about lag on was the GS3.. A few dudes at work are always complaining about those.. But, my buddies LG, a lady that I work with Sony, and two other friends of mine who have Notes never complain of problems.. But they used to with their old devices.. It's obvious that some optimization has occurred.. I can give credit where credit is due!
16. rodneyej1 (Posts: 2482; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Well, if it makes you feel better I refer to myself as "RodnEflop"... I figure it gives Android fans a laugh.. I'm referring too the mature Android fans, like yourself..
18. Scott93274 (Posts: 186; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
"more Android units are sold every three weeks than the total number of Lumia handsets sold since inception".
"Nokia is responsible for 90% of Windows Phone sales"
"the Finnish manufacturer reported a steep 33% decline in phone sales"
Apparently no one agrees with you...
19. papss (Posts: 2842; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Sales equal quality now? Apple has been the best for many years then
20. Scott93274 (Posts: 186; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
Iphone has under 25% of the global market share the last time I checked.
28. rodneyej1 (Posts: 2482; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Who cares if Android has 90% of market share?.. Most of that is from devices like the GS3, and lower... I'll take a Lumia 1520 without the popularity.. You keep following your friends around..
21. Commentator (Posts: 2080; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
As if "Apple being the best" was some absurd notion...
26. papss (Posts: 2842; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Missed the point.. Geez..
sales has no baring on best
39. Commentator (Posts: 2080; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Yes, but what DOES have bearing on what is best?
40. Scott93274 (Posts: 186; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
The best phone is simply an opinionated statement based on user's priorities. A person can claim any OS is the best based off if it meets their individual needs, battery life, call quality, app support. However when you have an overwhelming majority of the market supporting your product, then logically you could assume that hardware and software developers will continue to put the majority of resources to further developing the experiences on that OS as that's where the money is. Because of that statement, Android to me has the brightest outlook of any of the mobile OS. Microsoft has always been a "Me too" company, from Widows responding to Apple's Macintosh, X-Box to the PS2, Zune to iPod, Bing to Google, Windows Phone to Android and IOS. They always come to the party late with very little industry changing innovation.
44. Commentator (Posts: 2080; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Except that Windows ended up becoming the industry standard for PCs.
But yeah, what is best is simply any given person's opinion.
24. rodneyej1 (Posts: 2482; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
You sound like a popularity over awareness, awareness over reality, quantity over quality type thinker... Is this how you buy products? Because, that what it sounds like you're supporting...
30. Scott93274 (Posts: 186; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
What I'm saying is that if the OS was such a horrible experience then people would not continue to support it the way they do.
36. rodneyej1 (Posts: 2482; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Dude. Think about the reality.. Most people can buy 10 phones in a row and never understand that they run Android, or the same OS, or version yada, yada, yada.. All they know is that their phone looks different, and is newer.. Some of these people are even blaming att, or Verizon for their devices issues, and have switched carriers.. They don't know.. All they know is what they see, and shelves are stacked with Android devices... Now, if they knew that WP devices could've solved those issues long time ago, then WP sales would be much higher..
It's not a question of whether Android, or WP, or iOS, is good or bad... It's that these people that I mentioned above are the STORE SALES ASSOCIATES! Come on dude, don't be naive to that fact.. Android is popular because of being at the right time at the right place, not because it's good, or bad... But, it's also free... Hence it's market share.... I think too many Android fans are proud because of Androids market share when it's really not that much to be proud of.. It's just the reality of the market right now.. But, what happens when something else comes along and takes all the attention away? So many people will look so foolish,,,, before jumping ship.. And they will jump ship because like I said about so many people.. It's all about popularity, and what everyone else is doing....
Heck, after saying that I hope WP never goes over 5% market share.. I don't want to become like you guys.. Niche is much cooler, in my opinion..
42. androiphone20 (Posts: 941; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
props to you, I wish more people here could ground their judgment based on reality not on their own fantasies or abstract sci-fi concepts and gimmicks
49. Scott93274 (Posts: 186; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
I'm sorry but based off of what you just said, it sounds to me more like your phone is a status symbol. You're "cooler" because you don't go with what's popular. Well, I'm sorry, but I go with functionallity. My Android does what I want in a seamless OS experience. Unlink Apple, people get excited over getting the new Android OS, God knows I read enough about people crying over iOS7.
I will never buy a product simply so I can say "Look, I'm not like you and this is how you can tell."
51. Commentator (Posts: 2080; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
That's why he qualified it with "in my opinion."
In MY opinion, this comment thread is ridiculously long.
64. rodneyej1 (Posts: 2482; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
I can respect that... But hey,, your the guy throwing numbers around to prove a point.. If you don't want to sound like a $heep,, then don't go baaaaaaaaa... Lol!
66. mobhill (Posts: 2; Member since: 18 Nov 2013)
My wife has no idea which OS is which but she was pretty excited to move from WP to Android. "I can do more stuff with this one!" is what she said.
8. rodneyej1 (Posts: 2482; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Lol!... No comment.. You guys crack me up.. That comment just made my day...
But, let's not stoop to these fools level..
Oh, forgot.. WP.
60. lonestrider (Posts: 83; Member since: 31 Mar 2012)
How do you make a super expensive device that said better than Android and have less bugs than Android, have a Black Screen of Dead bug? Answer... iOS 7.
4. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 722; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
That's good news, because I would have wanted the coloured Nexus 5, instead.
10. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 722; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
What do you mean? Since I already have the Nexus 5, I would have gone for the coloured one if there were any.
13. rodneyej1 (Posts: 2482; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Oh, sorry dude.. My bad. I always choose a colored option too.. Reds my thing.. I love red devices.
62. shahrooz (Posts: 80; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
I see more WP than Android in an article about the recent news on nexus 5 colores being false!
65. rodneyej1 (Posts: 2482; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Lol!... Sometimes that happens.. It's a major platform... This happens sometimes.