Despite iPad mini, Apple's tablet share dips in Q4, Amazon on the rise
1. Reluctant_Human posted on 31 Jan 2013, 01:01 6 0
This chart just shows me what a Nexus device does for a company. Asus' growth is insane.
2. noim1 posted on 31 Jan 2013, 01:15 4 0
Yes look at LG now..... Last year they were nothing.. After taking on a Nexus device..they r standing tall now...
3. jroc74 posted on 31 Jan 2013, 01:17 2 0
Like many have said....all the Mini did was cannablize ther market share from the bigger one. It got spread out between the 2....and it dipped.
Will the same thing happen if Apple puts out a cheaper new model or different models...? Apple gotta be thinkng hard now about what they wanna do with the iPhone.
4. joey_sfb posted on 31 Jan 2013, 01:56 1 0
I am happy that both Samsung and Asus tablet is doing well.
5. Bhargava posted on 31 Jan 2013, 01:58 1 2
ASUS's growth is insane, but their total tablet shipments are 3.1 million, which is less than half of Apple's year on year growth! Samsung only barely managed to ship as many tablets as Apple grew its numbers by (about 7.8 million). Merely an observation; percentages don't always give the required picture.
6. tedkord posted on 31 Jan 2013, 03:39 1 0
They give enough of the picture to see that just as happened with smartphones, iOS has been overtaken. It was inevitable.
7. protozeloz posted on 31 Jan 2013, 06:46 1 0
Like I said, this is the reason the iPad mini exist in the first place... But its just delaying the inevitable
8. sithvenger (banned) posted on 31 Jan 2013, 07:22 1 1
Amazons kindle is the only tablet that really matters outside of the iPads. The N7 matters somewhat, the mass consumer market still prefers iPads, and kindles.
9. thunderbolt posted on 31 Jan 2013, 07:57 0 1
so even the rich and wealthy also decided to start saving money by looking for other tabs despite mini ?