Apple now offering the unlocked iPhone 4S in the US
Purchasing an unlocked iPhone 4S will give you the ability to use the smartphone on any GSM network around the world. That is of course if you can manage to get a micro-SIM for the network that you wish to use it on. Apple made sure to specify that the unlocked version of the iPhone 4S will not work on CDMA networks such as Sprint and Verizon.
The 16GB iPhone 4S will burn a hole in your pocket to the tune of $649 while the 32GB and 64GB models will cost $749 and $849 respectively. All of the unlocked iPhone 4S models will be available in both black and white. The estimated shipping time for the unlocked units is currently 1-2 weeks.
Those may be some hefty price tags for a smartphone but it is to be expected when there is no contract involved to give you a subsidized price. Would anybody consider picking up a factory unlocked iPhone 4S?
1. Droid_X_Doug posted on 11 Nov 2011, 09:42 2 0
Meh. If you bought an AT&T phone off-contract, you could get an unlocked iPhone and not wait for the 'official' unlocked iPhone.....
2. Muhannad posted on 11 Nov 2011, 09:53 3 0
$850 for a 64GB, who is crazy enough to buy that?
11. mctcm posted on 11 Nov 2011, 12:51 3 1
Oh you mean the 99% OWS. Can't afford life, but has a $900 phone.
4. goflet posted on 11 Nov 2011, 10:05 4 0
in Turkey it is 1.570 $ 16 GB model..
how about that?..and people are buying like crazy
5. irvinkeith posted on 11 Nov 2011, 10:06 1 0
I love my iPhone but I wouldn't dare pay full price for an unlocked one. I could buy an iPad or almost pay for a macbook at that point
7. GALAXY-S posted on 11 Nov 2011, 10:42 1 0
i wonder if the unlock version will work for tmobiles 3g here in the U.S???
10. shimmyx20 posted on 11 Nov 2011, 12:39 2 4
Processor speed is not that important. What matters is the smoothness of the UI and the user experience.
12. mctcm posted on 11 Nov 2011, 12:52 6 1
Oh yeah you're right. How well is iOS5 running on your iPhone 3g?
14. Johnny_Mnemonic posted on 11 Nov 2011, 22:27 1 0
I will rather buy a tv than spend it on that thing
16. apple-alway posted on 13 Nov 2011, 19:05 0 2
Apple iphone is like cars of luxury BMW,MB or Jaguar........Samsung, Lg,Motorola etc. like owning KIA,Hyundai or scooter.