Android 5.0 to come no sooner than this fall
20. drahmad posted on 28 Feb 2012, 10:24 8 6
i will wait until Google releases android 6 Ketchup :-D
36. k1ng617 posted on 28 Feb 2012, 20:32 2 0
Actually, it'll be called "Kegel Pie"
Now, who wants some pie?
38. jade272727 posted on 29 Feb 2012, 00:01 1 0
Me! I want pie...
39. karanstyle posted on 29 Feb 2012, 22:44 0 0
Hahahaha Awesome dude!! LMAO :-D
2. rahulcena5565 posted on 28 Feb 2012, 07:58 18 3
They should Develop ICS and Help OEM to push updates to their Devices rather tham Releasing New OSes!
This will only increase the Android Fragmentation problem!
15. squallz506 posted on 28 Feb 2012, 09:31 7 5
I would leave it to the pros there sport.
Google has more insight into the industry than any of us spectators.
Have some faith, Google knows what they are doing.
19. drahmad posted on 28 Feb 2012, 10:20 4 4
brother you are right. you buy an ics phone and three months later its using an out dated os. what happens is that some of such customers would wait for the latest firmware from their manufacurers while others would buy new phones. so premature updates are good for the manufacturers because it sell them phones. but not for the consumer.
25. squallz506 posted on 28 Feb 2012, 11:05 3 6
like i give a sh!t about the consumer.
i want updates as fast as i can flash them.
i want the cutting edge. i do not care if the iDiots out there think the new OS is "buggy", "half-baked", or "premature". i know that the new OS is new, and is a work in progress. i want to help with that development.
26. gallitoking posted on 28 Feb 2012, 11:13 3 4
i was this close to caring... now we know how you like your meat....
28. squallz506 posted on 28 Feb 2012, 11:35 3 2
raw, still kicking. same way i like my chicken.
29. gallitoking posted on 28 Feb 2012, 11:47 3 3
you cut the head.. but the body still moves.. you watch out for the kicking...
24. jove39 posted on 28 Feb 2012, 10:55 1 2
ICS is already developed...now they need to make it portable like windows OS...standardize all hardware interfaces so that users can flash latest and greatest of android on their own.
37. drahmad posted on 28 Feb 2012, 22:22 1 2
nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww you have spoken. but unfortunately google will never put standards to manufacturers bcs google wants to be as Open as possible.
3. Twitch016 posted on 28 Feb 2012, 08:00 2 0
My bet is still on Jelly Bean being 4.1 - 4.0 was a major transition and given the adoption rates (abysmal) to this point, I'll bet they make this more like a Froyo to Gingerbread addition rather than the larger leaps to Honeycome and ICS no matter the features they add.
17. Mr.Mr.Upgrade posted on 28 Feb 2012, 09:57 1 0
my nexus is runnimg 40.2...... it will.likly be.... 5.0
27. Skidro13 posted on 28 Feb 2012, 11:14 2 0
Ha, what is the pastry name for android 40?
5. rg987 posted on 28 Feb 2012, 08:09 2 1
it will definitely be 4.1, since 5.0 is not gonna release till this fall(as said in the article), then it means that they will provide any other iteration below 5.0, they can't sit with 4.0 on the market for the whole year. apple will eat them up otherwise.
31. thephoneguy92 posted on 28 Feb 2012, 12:46 3 0
Apple will not release another OS until their next phone comes out in October-ish. They would not give 4S users iOS 6 before the 5(?) came out. That would risk losing the wow factor of the very few new things that will be on the phone.
7. messiah posted on 28 Feb 2012, 08:53 1 0
since when is Ice Cream & Jelly Beans Pastries??????? you meant snacks, buds, not pastries.
10. bayusuputra posted on 28 Feb 2012, 09:13 1 1
the names are based on desserts, not pastries nor snacks..
22. EclipseGSX posted on 28 Feb 2012, 10:43 1 1
"Each Android iteration has been named after a pastry in alphabetical order" read the article stupid
8. xtian1103 posted on 28 Feb 2012, 09:05 1 0
got suggetions for android 6.0... krispy kreme? kaffir lime sorbet?
9. Nanaoallen posted on 28 Feb 2012, 09:10 3 5
off topic. I know this is IMPOSSIBLE, but if google were to pick apple as the next nexus manufacturer. It should be named iNexus :))
Just my reverie that apple should try the BEST OS.
I would love to have an iPhone with an Android OS.
13. bayusuputra posted on 28 Feb 2012, 09:17 3 1
yes you can get an iPhone 3G to run android..
but seriously, google should slow down a little.. improve ICS first, or at least let 2011 devices that are promised by manufacturers to taste ICS get it first before launching a new OS.. but i have a strong feeling that this will be a 4.1 like others have mentioned, not 5.0, to address some legal IP issues, like the new lock screen etc..
12. tward291 posted on 28 Feb 2012, 09:16 1 0
the oems are not moving fast enough to push ics. I think this is pissing off google because they feell like they need to push another huge update to compete with windows 8,and ios new updates this year
14. bayusuputra posted on 28 Feb 2012, 09:23 1 1
not only the OEMs, but carriers as well.. they have to put their bloatwares and stuff, making it even longer for a device to be updated..
but by the time JB (oh, no, that looks like Justin Bieber..) arrives, almost all phones would be out of warranty already and many can choose to just root..
18. Bluesky02 posted on 28 Feb 2012, 10:16 0 0
Something we notice
- New Android Phone release with latest Gingerbread (Later getting ICS update).
Which imply most release phone still comes with Gingerbread. And now we're already talking about Jelly Bean. I mean come on Google give us a break. Let Ice Cream Sandwich flow smoothly this year.
32. tward291 posted on 28 Feb 2012, 13:20 2 0
i dont understand why phones are still launching with GB with the update coming in 2 to 3 months to ics BS just launch the fuking with ICS
33. vivek.ray posted on 28 Feb 2012, 14:02 1 0
No disrespect to people shelling out upto $500 in favor of OS development , but yeah it hurts to know that the new phone I held today will be outdated few weeks later .
Also w/o any possible future for upgrades as its very hard for my OEM to develop a ugly skin and implement it on latest iteration of OS .
Google should now improve ICS to such extent that all Gingerbreads's , h/w qualified , are upgraded to 4.x , later they may introduce 5th version .