Android 4.1.1 now getting pushed to HSPA+ Samsung GALAXY Nexus
Those with the HSPA+ version of the Samsung GALAXY Nexus and have updated the OS say that local search remains on the phone thanks to the Federal Appeals Courts stay of Judge Koh's injunction. What does disappear with the 4.1.1 update is compatibility with the Adobe Flash Player. According to Google, those with the CDMA/LTE version of the phone shouldn't feel too jealous as Google says they are next on the list to receive the update along with users of the Google Nexus S and the Motorola XOOM tablet.
source: Google+ via AndroidCentral
4. testman22 posted on 10 Jul 2012, 21:35 8 0
yea, but by the time it comes out the S4 will be released
7. PapaSmurf posted on 10 Jul 2012, 21:51 3 1
It's already super fast and will only get faster. I just hope Samsung releases the update soon.
26. tech-head posted on 11 Jul 2012, 15:32 0 0
Not necessarily. I thought my Galaxy S2 would fly with ICS when really its about the same.
2. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 10 Jul 2012, 21:25 2 0
they should support motorola more instead of samsung or htc... because its there company now! samsung and htc can survive without google's help!
i hope the next nexus device will be made by motorola! with a very tough built!! it will sell hot like pancakes!!!
13. SlimSoulja86 posted on 11 Jul 2012, 02:28 0 0
How can they survive without google's help, when they are running google's OS? Just a bit perplexed about that statement
3. gallitoking posted on 10 Jul 2012, 21:25 3 2
So question fandroids... is the VZW device a nexus or a verizon nexus?...
5. eDiesel posted on 10 Jul 2012, 21:40 8 0
I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to geico.
8. PapaSmurf posted on 10 Jul 2012, 21:53 0 0
Since vita under a carrier and not unlocked, it's "Verizon Nexus." Sucks that they have to wait. But why wait when the point of getting a Nexus is to root it as soon as you get it?
10. kingpet13 posted on 10 Jul 2012, 22:07 2 1
Sadly, it has become a verizon nexus. I bought my Cdma galaxy nexus believing it was a true nexus, but as I learned more about verizon and the tech world I realized it was not. The carriers have used their power to delay updates that could hurt them at all. That is the main thing that I respect in apple, that they fought the carriers. Apple controlled the Iphone not att or vzw. Even though I love google and am a phandroid, I am disappointed by their failure to use their power to create a true nexus through vzw.
12. azri05 (unregistered) posted on 10 Jul 2012, 23:51 1 0
I never had jelly bean literally. How does it taste like?
14. script_writer posted on 11 Jul 2012, 03:09 0 0
GOOD!!! Been waiting since the nexus 7 got annouced!!!
27. script_writer posted on 12 Jul 2012, 03:45 0 0
still waiting... its driving me insane!!! am on three mobile in the uk. anyone else on my network had the OTA yet?
16. script_writer posted on 11 Jul 2012, 07:45 0 0
probably........eventully. have you even received ICS yet? cos some SGS2 users havnt yet
18. iSometimes posted on 11 Jul 2012, 10:00 1 0
I got ICS on my Galaxy S II (AT&T) the day before Google I/O. T-Mobile users already had it and Sprint is apparently getting it tomorrow (July 12th). We'll see about JB...I certainly doubt it.
20. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 11 Jul 2012, 10:58 0 0
There's no reason it shouldn't, the specs on the S2 are better than the GNex. I would be surprised if it did get JB though, carriers are barely paying attention to the S2 right now, let alone a year from now.
Maybe XDA or AOKP will keep up with it, hopefully anyway.
17. iSometimes posted on 11 Jul 2012, 09:56 2 0
Why haven't I gotten it yet? D:
"Your system is currently up to date"...uh, no the f*** it ain't! >.< LOL
19. script_writer posted on 11 Jul 2012, 10:05 0 0
i know mate!!! im in the same bout as you......repeatly tapping 'check now' every minute.
21. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 11 Jul 2012, 10:59 1 0
I find myself doing the same with my GNex. I'll admit it, I'm a tech nerd.