Alleged iPhone 5 home button surfaces
Interestingly, while the button maintains its circular depression, the part itself is a rounded rectangle. While we can’t be certain that this is a part from the next generation of Apple’s iPhones, it definitely maintain the familiarity of an iPhone button while being distinctively different from the current iPhone 4S part.
Ever since the new iPad was released, the iPhone 5 rumor mill has been churning up all kind of reports about the next iteration. Unfortunately, one home button really doesn’t give us enough insight into whether or not Apple is planning on a full redesign this time around. Oh, and just in case you were wondering, these home buttons retail for $4.72 to $5.60 each depending on order quantity.
source: TVC-Mall via Electronista
1. DroidGod (Posts: 48; Member since: 09 Jul 2011)
Am i the only one who finds this article irrelevant.. Awesome, the new iPhone is going to have the same home key minus the "rounded rectangle" bordering.
3. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1197; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
I'm with you on this one. Very irrelevant article. I wonder if the writers get paid more to write an Apple articles. Just a thought.
23. hutty24 (Posts: 84; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
It looks like they got rid of the tape they used for the 4's
21. takay0 (Posts: 144; Member since: 25 Mar 2012)
yeah its maybe small but
1st. its mean that they are changin design
2ns. its look more "modern" and ellegant
so yeah, its nice to know
22. Atrixboyyy (Posts: 232; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
1: that's not really changing the design that's changing the home button from one shape to another.
2: a rounded rectangle and a circle are just as "old" as each other
So yea irrelevant.
24. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2992; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I'm with you man!!
I've seen too many rectangles to consider this as new or "modern"!!
38. takay0 (Posts: 144; Member since: 25 Mar 2012)
well if they changing the home buttom so its mean that they are changing the phone
im not iphone fane! but the iiphone works great... it does a "global change" all the time.. i os is much "lighter" then android so it dosent need that stong proccesor, yeah its a great phone.. i hate to work with it but its a good phone...
so i really want the iphone 5 to come out to c what is new, and i know to say good thing about iphone even so i dont like it
29. Lucas777 (Posts: 2121; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
well its news… and this is a news site… if u dont want to read about the new home button, then dont click on it… its not like u have to read it before the next article
35. andro. (Posts: 1935; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Agreed,although some would probably consider the slightly new button as innovative or changing everything again.
2. clevername (Posts: 1428; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
Hmm does this imply a double button? You know like the shutter button on cameras?
Someone should order one to see.
4. AppleConspiracy (Posts: 627; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
It's actually a joystick. While others still use touchscreens, Apple will make another epic step into the future and introduce 4-way navigation button!
31. groupsacc (Posts: 232; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
I remember having a joystick button on my Siemens S65.
7. sn333 (Posts: 2; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
...and that is why the phrase "cool story bro" exists.
8. Fluxman (Posts: 46; Member since: 03 Jun 2010)
Oh my god! The iphone 5 buttons! This is so exciting!...yawn...
9. dcgore (Posts: 201; Member since: 24 Feb 2012)
Oh here we go with the iphone rumors and it's only april. Crap!
10. good2great (Posts: 1039; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
smh......... you guys KILL me!!!
why is it cool to hype about the SGS3 but turn around and bash an iphone 5 rumor???
i dont get it...
PA is just doing their job reporting news... just because its an article about something you dont like doesnt mean come post negative things about it...
what do yall expect? for them to only post things about SGS3 rumors???
15. Chronos (Posts: 257; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
As I do agree with your main point, this article is about a home button for the iPhone 5. A button is not an interesting article. You shouldn't let the harsh Android fans affect your time on this site.
17. good2great (Posts: 1039; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
Chronos... i agree... wooosaaa!!! lol
EclipseGSX... no i'm not new here... i just dont play those "iphone stupid, android rules!" games... lol
to be honest i didnt read the article because the info was useless IMO... but at the same time i just click on another article that interests me instead of bashing the writer because i dont like his apple content.
28. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
I like hearing about iPhone news and I'm a Fandroid. But crap about the HOME BUTTON? Ugh. It's not just the iPhone, I hated it when they talked about the SGSIII's home button.
Who really gives a crap?
11. Whateverman (Posts: 3187; Member since: 17 May 2009)
I can't believe I actually read this article! What's next...power button articles? A review of the new volume rocker?
12. skymitch89 (Posts: 1021; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
And what's the difference? The "square" ness of the button could actually be the part that sits underneath the face of the phone.
18. 9_HeLLs_oF_DrOid (Posts: 122; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
....and here's how Apple re-invents the smartphone world.
20. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2992; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
...by the button...from the button...with the button...for the button??
White one or black?? :P
19. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2992; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Chill, people of PA site!
The article on the quality and the price of the speaker grill is somewhere around the corner!!!
26. thnkthru3 (Posts: 73; Member since: 25 Dec 2011)
I am an android fan but that countdown to nothing last night on Samsungs thenextgalaxy site p..d me off. At least apple gives u a real button. I say hurray for that!
27. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
This just in... The iPhone is going to have a touchscreen and a camera! Shocking!
30. sscott3548 (Posts: 15; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
i will never get the time of my life back i spent reading this however if i was a apple person i.... no no i still wouldnt have cared :)
36. AndrewRamirez (Posts: 26; Member since: 24 Apr 2012)
Y U NO MAKE RELEVANT ARTICLES?!?
-everyone else in this planet
37. TechDork (Posts: 207; Member since: 10 May 2010)
This very well could be the home button for the iPhone 4GS....watch what I tell you.
40. gallitoking (Posts: 4680; Member since: 17 May 2011)
first is the home button.. next up.. the size of the screen.. yessssss
41. iphone4expert (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
why is apple giving up all the features that made iphone stand out among other smart phones. I think the circular home button was very easy to use as well as the iconic shape of iphone product (i dont recall any other smart phone having round home button). I think Apple has become frustrated by seeing all those smart phones in the market and is thus trying out different changes in its product instead of staying true to the originality of iphone design, which in my opinion he must do.
43. chic_Tyler (Posts: 1; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Just to make this clear, this button will still look exactly the same on the outside. It just has a different mechanism to hold it in. Instead of 2 little bars sticking out, it's a rectangle behind it. Soem people were thinking it was a rectangular home button.
44. traittech (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 Mar 2013)
I also find more iphone 5 parts in china. Hope help us...