Alleged Galaxy S5 box snap lists 5.25" Quad HD screen, 20 MP camera and 3000 mAh battery
1. hipnotika (Posts: 353; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
Quad hd amoled screen the best of best !!!
(İam an iphone 5s user)
19. Astoni (Posts: 630; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Quad HD on mobile screen less than 6" can go and die.. FHD is more than enough and won't drain so much battery.
21. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Based on your comment, I don't think Quad HD will "train" the battery either.
51. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
touché ..... oh, and I didn't see the part about 6 inches; you are correct, Sir (or Madam) *-)
40. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
yeah 1 year ago they said the same thing for FHD so history repeats itself....
49. Klamba92 (Posts: 210; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
That's true we did say that I even said 720p is good enough well it is, but 1080p is that much better. Why because it is established a lot of content but still not everything is in FHD. I would prefer if we get all the content out there to be optimised for full HD before we jump even higher with no content actually taking advantage of it.
The jump however will go straight to 4K however because all the TVs will have them. In the next couple of years. I still doubt that content for that will be available for another 3 or 4 years!
52. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
I beg to differ, I think this will make playing Flappy Bird all that much more exciting.
50. Finalflash (Posts: 2447; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Why don't people understand that nothing is designed for these screens? 1080p there was content for and mainly apple fan boys called it is useless. This time though there really is no purpose for it and no one will adapt content for it because all the retarded content producers aim for the most wide spread form which isn't even 1080p. They literally are wasting battery life with this because it is the screen, the thing that usually eats the whole battery.
54. Klamba92 (Posts: 210; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
Exactly the next jump will be straight to 4K, UHD or 2160p however you want to call it. However the majority of content won't be taking advantage of this for at least 5-6 years. You all saw how long it to get FHD mainstream!
63. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
I keep this comment in my mind. next year you will say the same thing
64. Astoni (Posts: 630; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
i won't :p. i bearly like 1080p.
It's nice that i can't see the pixels like on the s3 (720p)
But it drains so much battery its annoying.
I really want them to stop at 1080p MAX and focus on improving battery, cameras and software. i coudln't care less about CPU and GPUs atm since they are extremely powerfull for being such small handheld devices. i mean wtf if you take nintendos 3ds games they look really good for being such a cheap console with sh*tty GPU and CPU. Mobilephones has better CPU and CPU yet no games e.x is even close to that good.
i know it isn't all about games but it was all i could think of atm since apps and everything runs smooth as hell on the Snapdragon 800 and A7.
46. __0__ (banned) (Posts: 242; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Meh , note 3 user here . Amoled screen poor outdoor visibility
56. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10211; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Meh , note 3 user here . Amoled screen amazing outdoor visibility
59. hellonerds (Posts: 296; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
Iphone/note 3 user... time to get your "retina" checked.. note 3 is brighter
65. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10211; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Note 3 can obtain up to 660 nits of brightness when outside so that's how I know you're lying.
66. Astoni (Posts: 630; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Meh, Xperia user here. Battery sucks d*ck and camera can't take sharp pictures...
72. __0__ (banned) (Posts: 242; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Camera is fine in my ZL , but agree battery and viewing angles sucked
62. Ashoaib (Posts: 3012; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Poor outdoor visibility? are you sure you took note 3 while going out?
67. sergiobr (Posts: 638; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
I think you bought a fake "chinese version". Note 3 (real) here and ... is the best indoor or outdoor.
71. __0__ (banned) (Posts: 242; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Is the n9005 considered a fake note 3 ?
53. akki20892 (Posts: 3849; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Okkkk specs look good, but Sammy bring new design because tired of this same design.
61. chunky1x (Posts: 270; Member since: 28 Mar 2010)
QHD is useless in small screen. Tablets are the only ones that benefit QHD. I've seen recently LG's OLED curve tv with QHD, except for a tad more clarity, it is not as impressive as claimed in the first place.
2. power_x (Posts: 264; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
tell me again why we need a QHD on a phone ?
7. superduper (Posts: 151; Member since: 20 Oct 2013)
For the same reason we need eight cores and 40 megapixels.
11. tango_charlie (Posts: 199; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
But to be honest Nokia's 41MP camera isn't just marketing. It gives you the option for lossless zoom and images with insanely high details. Nevertheless +1 for your comment.
15. tech2 (Posts: 3143; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
So QHD display is the only display that will do justice to the photo taken on Lumia 1020 ?
47. Klamba92 (Posts: 210; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
Yes this is true about the lossless zoom feature. But quad HD is useless when no content will be optimised for it. Before we move on shouldn't all content be at least 1080p. Plus if it is QHD you would need at least a 5000 mah battery to last a Full day with heavy use.
8. tango_charlie (Posts: 199; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
Consumers need an argument to upgrade their devices. Marketing. Kapitalism.
20. phljcnth (Posts: 454; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Maybe a QHD resolution would make Super AMOLED even brighter since there will be much thinner gaps between subpixels. Super AMOLED displays are known to be relatively less bright when compared to LCDs. I'm also guessing this will enable additional color(s) of subpixel like white and/or yellow to be added for better color calibration.
30. Bishop_99 (Posts: 75; Member since: 04 Dec 2013)
For the people that enjoy the visual experience. Yeah, that may not be top priority for everyone, but there are people who truly enjoy the visual experience.
38. davenycept (Posts: 200; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
We don't but everyone wants "more, more, more"!!
4. tango_charlie (Posts: 199; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
It says 1080p recording, but you can be damn sure that the S5 will be capable of 4K video recording and Samsung will certainly advertise that feature.
14. HASHTAG (Posts: 277; Member since: 31 Jan 2014)
I highly doubt that's the reason why it would be fake. 4K is pretty much a wasted feature, since not a lot of people have access to 4K technology.
24. tango_charlie (Posts: 199; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
Sadly true, but it's not about using something but just having the option to do. It's like buying a Porsche Cayenne Turbo S and advertising its offroad capabilities where as 90% of all buyers will never drive offroad. It's just feeling of " If i ever will I could". And that's how marketing works.
48. rd_nest (Posts: 1377; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
It's more important than that. It allows you to zoom in the video (check GSMArena for GN3 review).
2nd thing it could help is a 4K video is essentially a 8MP photo. So, you can literally 'shot' 8MP photos from the video itself.
34. Bishop_99 (Posts: 75; Member since: 04 Dec 2013)
I agree, that's what made it stick out as fake to me. There is no reason why they would advertise 1080p recording, when they can boast the 4K recording capabilities. Infact, unless it's left to the Galaxy Note 4, I would have thought they would have tried to push the 4K recording capabilities to 60fps.
Right now not eveyone has 4k tv's, but isn't it nice to be able to record some moments in 4k/2160p now? That way when you do upgrade to a 4K tv in the future, you can see 4K video instead of 2k/1080p video upconverted to a 4K tv?
Also, these 4k videos recorded on a cell phone, produce a much better image than the 1080p recorded videos on a cell phone. For those on the go moments, it's better to record it at 4K and then down convert those clips to 2k/1080p at a higher bitrate than the cellphone could and with much more details.
43. Kyokado (Posts: 115; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Design of the box!!!! It varies between different galaxy s. Gosh.
68. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
and DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING u READ ON THE INTERNET. lots of people can use photoshop just too get famous on their own page. i say WAIT TILL SAMSUNG UNPACKED event
6. clirim (Posts: 34; Member since: 06 Feb 2014)
it is coming people embrace yourselves, i m one of those who can't wait to get it!
9. ScottSchneider (Posts: 328; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
YES YES YES..!!!!!
10. JMartin22 (Posts: 1713; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
It would be a shame for it not to ship with a Snapdragon 805, the more powerful GPU would help with that more pixel dense screen. Not to mention it's not really going to be competitive with rivals for the first half of the year with an aging CPU/GPU combo from last year. They seriously need to stop rushing their flagship to the market so prematurely. They're not settings any standard in the Android market space like they did back in 2011 and 2012.
12. Dthawk (Posts: 42; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
Only 2MP for the front facing camera? Still! I'm okay with a quad HD screen, but how on earth will a meager 3000mah battery handle it? I'm genuinely concerned if this is true.
16. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
lower the brightness of the screen and avoid
brightly colored background.
26. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3532; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Yeah not using the phone is the best solution lol
17. kanagadeepan (Posts: 823; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
If this is the S5, then S6 will be having QFHD or 4K display of size 5.5" AMOLED display, 3200 mAh battery, 4 or 5GB RAM, 24MPx camera, etc...
31. Bishop_99 (Posts: 75; Member since: 04 Dec 2013)
It will be called a UHD display. Just as long as we're calling out the next displays :)
45. Kyokado (Posts: 115; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
S7 will be godlike, if the tech specs escalate the way u say
22. Kyokado (Posts: 115; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Sooooo fake!!!! Why dont people realise that every galaxy s generation comes in a different design box. From s1 to s4 the box design varies!!!!
23. GMS85 (Posts: 165; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
3000 mAh? how come? I bet the battery won't last for even 2 hours. Seriously ?
29. Bishop_99 (Posts: 75; Member since: 04 Dec 2013)
The increase in mAh battery from the S3 to the S4 was 500 mAh and it had a similar increase in resolution that the S4 to S5 will have. With that, the S4 had a slightly longer battery life than the S3. With the extra 400 mAh battery of the S5, if this 3,000 mAh battery is true, will at the very least, give the S5 the same battery life as the S4, if not slightly longer.